Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
June 18, 2012 @ 11:27 AM
FrankGoods

Thinking about starting a solo new side project... Drew up a quick graphic, but I am mainly looking for critique on the name. How do you guys feel about "Friday"?

What market are you thinking of supplying? i.e who are your competitors?

Also there are Saturdays NYC and Cheap Monday with DAY names.

Saying that I actually do like your logo :D Chilled back vibe!

www.commongoodssupply.com

June 18, 2012 @ 11:29 AM
FrankGoods

I found this print shop called heavy print in Brooklyn. They had a sign outside that said 12 shirts for 140. I'm pretty sure that meant I get a design give it to them and it'll cost 140$ to get 12 shirts done. Just curious if that's a good price and if anyone wants the address.

Cheap if there isnt any set up charges.

$11.60 ea

June 18, 2012 @ 03:20 PM
jfergny

I'm in the research stages of creating a line. I'm looking for places to get 5-panels that aren't Rothco ones. Can anyone help me out?

Whats wrong with the Rothco ones?

They're fine it's just that they're readily available and I want to put something out that is more unique

WTB: Roshe Run black/stadium green 10.5

June 18, 2012 @ 05:00 PM
deathcats

Thinking about starting a solo new side project... Drew up a quick graphic, but I am mainly looking for critique on the name. How do you guys feel about "Friday"?

What market are you thinking of supplying? i.e who are your competitors?

Also there are Saturdays NYC and Cheap Monday with DAY names.

Saying that I actually do like your logo :D Chilled back vibe!

Apprecitate that my man! I would just be marketing shirts / hats / accessories, I guess really just any "streetwear" products.

The products and marketing wouldn't be too out of the ordinary, but I hope to catch attention through the designs.
June 18, 2012 @ 05:04 PM
wiltedco

Put together a little promo video for fun, nothing too special. check it out

Stuff looks great Jake. Any Chance on seeing an Early look book on here before your drop on the 20th?
June 18, 2012 @ 06:17 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I found this print shop called heavy print in Brooklyn. They had a sign outside that said 12 shirts for 140. I'm pretty sure that meant I get a design give it to them and it'll cost 140$ to get 12 shirts done. Just curious if that's a good price and if anyone wants the address.

how many colors?
Set up feee?
Screen fee?
shirt cost?

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

June 18, 2012 @ 07:39 PM
mrdaleog

I'm in the research stages of creating a line. I'm looking for places to get 5-panels that aren't Rothco ones. Can anyone help me out?

Whats wrong with the Rothco ones?

They're fine it's just that they're readily available and I want to put something out that is more unique

Understood

URBN. by Live Love URBAN || Do what you love, love what you do || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

June 18, 2012 @ 07:40 PM
mrdaleog

how many colors?
Set up feee?
Screen fee?
shirt cost?

URBN. by Live Love URBAN || Do what you love, love what you do || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

June 18, 2012 @ 08:18 PM
Dare.

how many colors?
Set up feee?
Screen fee?
shirt cost?

I believe all the fees are excluded but im not to sure what the max colors are in a design either.

?

June 18, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
noneotherclothes

how many colors?
Set up feee?
Screen fee?
shirt cost?

I believe all the fees are excluded but im not to sure what the max colors are in a design either.

that sounds to good to be true

Like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/noneotherclothing and get some gear at noneotherclothing.com!

June 18, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
Dare.

how many colors?
Set up feee?
Screen fee?
shirt cost?

that sounds to good to be true

Heavy Print

Categories: Web Design, Graphic Design, Print Media
1368 Myrtle Ave
(between Harman St & Himrod St)
Brooklyn, NY 11237
Neighborhood: Bushwick
( 718 ) 701-8847

That's there info if anyone wants to call and what not.

?

June 19, 2012 @ 01:22 AM
hkeys

Are they supplying the 12 shirts and how many colors for $140? Honestly doesn't sound like that good of a deal. I've gotten 24 shirts printed for the same price and he supplied the shirts. If that's the best offer you can find in your area I'd go with it.

http://thedividedminds.com/

June 19, 2012 @ 02:04 AM
Dare.

Are they supplying the 12 shirts and how many colors for $140? Honestly doesn't sound like that good of a deal. I've gotten 24 shirts printed for the same price and he supplied the shirts. If that's the best offer you can find in your area I'd go with it.
Damn you got lucky.

?

June 19, 2012 @ 04:08 AM
hkeys

I guess, just have a good printer who is fairly cheap.

http://thedividedminds.com/

June 19, 2012 @ 04:32 AM
JIMMAY

Lately I've been thinking of some possible names and designs for a brand. How do you make sure others can't steal your ideas? Copyright?
June 19, 2012 @ 04:53 AM
wiltedco

If you're looking for a one color print check out New Republic Printing here
they do 25 shirts for 150$
June 19, 2012 @ 05:09 AM
Atlas&Mason

Lately I've been thinking of some possible names and designs for a brand. How do you make sure others can't steal your ideas? Copyright?

don't tell shady people. but honestly the chances of people stealing your idea are slim to none. A great idea is awesome but there aren't that many people with the means/drive to even worry about it. Worry about doing your thing and making good stuff.

Atlas & Mason "A Gentlemen's Brand" www.atlasandmason.com Use code: AxM15 for 15% off at checkout.

June 19, 2012 @ 05:41 AM
juny000

suspended

We aspire to the new life is the new starting point, Such as buying a new bag of <a href="http://www.coaches-factoryoutletonline.com">Coach factory outlet online</a>, how to choose oneself too like, is still important. The life of people with a hurry, we are in the family, was born in laughter and happiness, and the ones left been crying. We can't decide his own life and death, but we should be thankful have this life. People so life; hope to have a happy home, happy every day.<p>
In fact, there are many different <a href="http://www.coaches-factoryoutletonline.com">Coach factory outlet</a> handbags available, however not all of them have a similar quality. Leather bags range, based upon who produces the actual bags to what the material is made out of. Finding acceptable handbags is essential in picking your wardrobe. A number of handbags could cost just a few dollars, even though a similar purse with a similar title is several thousand dollars. This is usually as a result of the brand name and the way it was constructed. A lot of high end handbag fashion designers make use of the best products and also materials, usually which aren't seen on any other kind of handbag. <p>
A number of <a href="http://www.coaches-factoryoutletonline.com">Coach outlet online</a>
are usually natural leather handbags. Leather originates from various animals, although most designer hand bags are made from the very best quality leather coming from totally different animals, like cow, alligator, reptile and pretty much any kind of animal.
June 19, 2012 @ 05:54 AM
JIMMAY

don't tell shady people. but honestly the chances of people stealing your idea are slim to none. A great idea is awesome but there aren't that many people with the means/drive to even worry about it. Worry about doing your thing and making good stuff.

Thanks for the advice!
June 19, 2012 @ 06:40 AM
FrankGoods

Thanks for the advice!

Thing called Intellectual property has you covered to an extent.

Then you can Register and Trade Mark.

June 19, 2012 @ 08:56 AM
Deceptijon

Im startin a brand but my logo has been recently has been used on a t shirt recently i saw on here I've planning and drawing this for a year .Is it still safe to use the logo or should I redo everything.
June 19, 2012 @ 12:05 PM
blaagh

I have a few shirts left in medium and large.
If you guys are interested, I've made a bigcartel and its available now online for $20 + $5 shipping.
Decayin.bigcartel.com

est. mcmxcii

June 19, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
JonnyRabbit

If you go with average rates of local shops (Setup: $25/color, Printing: $1.50/shirt, Shirt: $3), you get these rates.
12 tees @ 1 color - $79
12 tees @ 2 colors - $122
12 tees @ 3 colors - $165
12 tees @ 4 colors - $208
12 tees @ 5 colors - $249
12 tees @ 6 colors - $292
*These are examples and could vary depending on the shop

If you're allowed to do more than 3 colors for $140 I'd say go for it for promo purposes. But if you are a clothing line, $12/tee is still a shitty deal no matter how many colors you do. You should be looking into getting more shirts and spending around $5-7 each. If stores ever get interested in carrying your brand, they'll expect a small brand's wholesale price to be around $10.

Upstart brands should consider some things:
1. What is the profit margin of each product?
2. What's your estimated sales/month?
3. What are your expenses/month?
4. What can you do with the estimated sales?

PS - Try this site: http://www.threadbird.com/pricing/crew_neck_t-shirts

AnmlHse Philadelphia - Design Collective/Brand / http://anmlhse.com

June 19, 2012 @ 04:28 PM
Hellah Fresh

If you go with average rates of local shops (Setup: $25/color, Printing: $1.50/shirt, Shirt: $3), you get these rates.
12 tees @ 1 color - $79

If you're allowed to do more than 3 colors for $140 I'd say go for it for promo purposes. But if you are a clothing line, $12/tee is still a shitty deal no matter how many colors you do. You should be looking into getting more shirts and spending around $5-7 each. If stores ever get interested in carrying your brand, they'll expect a small brand's wholesale price to be around $10.

Good write up. Yeah its kinda hard to spend money to make some products and you don't even have a solid following yet. But then again you have facebook, twitter, instagram, local events and etc.. to get your name out.
June 19, 2012 @ 05:30 PM
JIMMAY

Thanks for the advice!

Oh ya I forgot about intellectual property. Thanks! What if you were to take a picture someone else took and put it on a shirt? How would you make sure they get credit? Do you just ask them if it's okay?
June 19, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
Dare.

12 tees @ 1 color - $79

Thanks alot for the advice.

?

June 19, 2012 @ 06:41 PM
garonshanks

Just talk to them, it's always best to have some kind of agreement when it comes to things like this because you don't want to get sued later on down the line.

Thanks for the advice!

Oh ya I forgot about intellectual property. Thanks! What if you were to take a picture someone else took and put it on a shirt? How would you make sure they get credit? Do you just ask them if it's okay?

http://geoffscottintl.net | http://blog.geoffscottintl.net

June 19, 2012 @ 06:44 PM
cakestar

Lol jesus Kazbah's backend needs a lot of work. sold a few shirts but it didnt even shoot me an email to let me know so the orders have just been sitting there. The stupid "OUT OF STOCK" link that is right next to the order apparently cancels the order because it is out of stock but when you press it, does not have a confirm popup to ask like "are you sure you want to cancel this order because it is out of stock?" just goes ahead and cancels it and shoots an email to the customer. Fucken cancelled two of my orders.... lol they need a better coder doing the work. hahah id be happy to do it for 1/2 of whatever they paid their current one.

http://www.cakestar.com

June 19, 2012 @ 07:59 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I have great success with MySupaDupa if anyone wants to try making a store with them. I was lucky enough to setup with that just started and was offering free setup. But I love how they operate.

Resgister your domain name with GoDaddy which is fairly cheap. Can't remember exactly but like 7.99-14.99 for two years and have it automatically renew and then use MySupaDupa to redirect.

They send emails when you get a order, you can print out a packing slip and invoice once the order is complete.
I actually like it better then bigcartel.

you guys should check it out.

And unwould def. shop around. Don't always go with the first shop that contacts you. Looks at their work, ask about usual print time is and info like that. I have used atleast 4 different printers until I found my pot of gold printer that I use right now.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

June 19, 2012 @ 08:36 PM
Dare.

-snip-

Thanks but now the hard part is finding a place that can print 8 colors because I made the logo over detailed and there are like multiple shades of black and beige :/ .

?

Please login first to reply.