FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
June 26, 2011 @ 10:31 PM
Fictitious

So a few of my friends are starting to design some shirts, we also have plans for hats kicks and flannels.

Money aside, In your opinions, what other elements and else is needed to get some recognition, and be successful overall?

Thanks .
June 27, 2011 @ 12:53 AM
CrackPipeLips

1. Build brand recognition

2. Get people on board, sell a decent amount of items, get people interested

3. Cut off supply and use exclusivity to your advantage.
June 27, 2011 @ 10:30 AM
kelz26

Definitely maintain exclusivity and stay persistent and patient. These things don't happen overnight and it's easy to get frustrated
June 27, 2011 @ 07:05 PM
Fictitious

Thanks guys, nice to have some input around here
June 27, 2011 @ 07:12 PM
X-YT

Creativity, positive thinking and financial administration... and using always soft cotton on the shirts
June 27, 2011 @ 08:47 PM
Fictitious

About that, which shirts do people print on nowadays? I've seen Alstyle but those shrink a bit, and American Apparel is too tight on some people.
June 29, 2011 @ 09:35 AM
kelz26

I've found that a lot of people prefer American apparel, you can't please everyone all the time, so once you decide on a shirt, stick with it.
June 29, 2011 @ 11:36 AM
subigdog

U should send me a shirt or two when u get some simples out....always good for marketing in different regions
June 29, 2011 @ 12:20 PM
Fictitious

yeah definitely, publicity is important. I wouldn't mind sending anyone a few samples. when I get them made.
June 29, 2011 @ 12:26 PM
kelz26

I love samples...maybe we could work out an exchange. One of the shirts on my site for one of yours
June 29, 2011 @ 01:09 PM
Fictitious

So what you do is make humor shirts? How many hits does your site actually get, looks dope.
June 29, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
AndyRocksBluu

1. Build brand recognition

2. Get people on board, sell a decent amount of items, get people interested

3. Cut off supply and use exclusivity to your advantage.

Real talk

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

June 29, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
AndyRocksBluu

i think the biggest thing you can really do is try to stick out from the other brands. I know it sounds easy but its hard to try something new when you see other brands all doing the same thing and making a profit.

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

June 29, 2011 @ 05:00 PM
kelz26

So what you do is make humor shirts? How many hits does your site actually get, looks dope.

We got discovered by stumpleupon a while back and it brought a flood of traffic, like 50k in a 3 week span, but it's died down a bit, roughly 500+ a day and slowly moving up. We are relatively new so I've been doing a lot of SEO work on the site. Slowly but surely it's continuing to grow.

Thanks for checking it out
June 30, 2011 @ 12:13 AM
Fictitious

June 30, 2011 @ 05:54 AM
TH9

Three massively overdone concepts to avoid
1: cartoonish graphics, mascots, basically any form of vector art whatsoever. The designs might be great but honestly you'll just look like a Bape hop-on, and we know what state Bape is in right now. We already have fails like The Hundreds doing stuff like this...
2: reappropriated sports team logos, commercial logos, etc. They can be done well, I guess, like the Fictitious clothes posted below, but honestly anything subversive has the bar set high by OriginaFake, and logo editing has been run to the ground by Supreme.
3. Taking your "symbol," whatever it is or is going to be, and sticking it prominently all over everything. No matter how famous you are... look at Supreme box tees (gay), the Crooks medusa head (gayer), and whatever brand has rifles screenprinted all over it (ultrahomogay)

I'm assuming this is a streetwear brand, possibly t-shirt focused, so the following might not apply, but look at brands like Temple of Jawnz and Mister. They cut their own patterns, so they can decide to alter the fit of their clothes in addition to their designs. It'll require more capital, but it'll also make you more unique. This is my personal opinion, but to me, interesting cuts and unique little touches that really show you care are much more appealing than a Hanes tee with a nice design. I know PLAY comme des gar
June 30, 2011 @ 10:57 AM
Fictitious

Wow you really know the biz. I think it's just hard to find something that hasn't done before. I guess I will scrap my mascot . And go back to the drawing board
June 30, 2011 @ 01:32 PM
trazimdevojkuu

How to start a successful brand
Who on the Bloody-Disgusting forums is a Gore Hound? and I figure not everyone is into hardcore gore, so I want to see how many people arent Gore Hounds and stick to Slashers, Zombie and Thriller films.

I myself am definitely a Gore Hound, seeking out the sickest films I can to see what I can handle and disturb none Gore Hounds. What about you?
June 30, 2011 @ 01:59 PM
Moises Arias

1. Make a legit logo that is easy to remember and recognize but doesnt look like another brands logo.
2. dont over spam the logo. if your making 100 differnt tshirt designs a year around 10-13 of the designs should be of just your logo.
3. promote promote promote. Tell all your friends and have them tell their friends of the brand. I also doesnt hurt to message as many blogs as you can to promote your shit.
4. When you have a fan base make sure you stay as consistent as possible while being as new and creative as possible. If your having a good run dont slack off just cause you think "hey i got a pretty loyal fanbase who will buy whatever i put out anyway."
5.Dont be a douche bag with prices if your brand got very little hype dont price t-shirts at supreme prices

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

June 30, 2011 @ 02:59 PM
Fictitious

With that in mind, is anyone here interested in collaborating? as a good staff is also beneficial.

Anyone interested in designing, or promoting - please shoot me an email at [email]FictitiousCo@gmail.com[/email]

We'll have a website soon as soon I decide on bigcartel, shopify, or volusion ~.~

Thanks for all the advice peeps.
June 30, 2011 @ 05:24 PM
JakeLife

Just be yourself when designing and making your brand.

Also its who you know and word of mouth that will help promote your line.
June 30, 2011 @ 06:45 PM
Bubbs619

1. purchase a large amount of white t shirts. (Maybe colored ones as well when things are poppin off)

2. Put a small box in the middle with the word supreme

3.????

4. Profit
June 30, 2011 @ 07:05 PM
Fictitious

1. purchase a large amount of white t shirts. (Maybe colored ones as well when things are poppin off)

2. Put a small box in the middle with the word supreme

3.????

4. Profit

Lol.

Nice joke
July 1, 2011 @ 12:33 AM
ujean

you need to have a really clean website
July 1, 2011 @ 10:40 PM
angelina_sky

I think exposure and publicity is the most important in building a brand. The other thing is to be able to express the image of your brand to your potential customers
July 1, 2011 @ 11:42 PM
Fictitious

Thanks for all the tips people. I'm sure a lot of other people can find this information very helpful as well.
July 1, 2011 @ 11:51 PM
aruX

Like some of the designs. Good luck
July 2, 2011 @ 01:43 AM
Alice456

Just keep quality in your products
Just keep quality in your products and also try to get less profit in start of your any business, Because its necessary to beat your comparators.
July 2, 2011 @ 01:57 AM
Fictitious

Which is best for designing graphics, Illustrator or Photoshop? And is getting a wacom necessary?

From what I've seen people tend to use both Illustrator and Photoshop. for design/ The Wacom is only necessary for line work , but you can also Do it on paper and scan , then go over it in sharpie.

After that process there are tools in illustrator to clean up and vectorize your drawing.

And to spice it up, you put it into photoshop to color it.
July 2, 2011 @ 01:59 AM
Fictitious

Like some of the designs. Good luck

thanks ^-^, I would also like to know which are that people would wear/ and would not wear.

Please login first to reply.