Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 4, 2011 @ 07:14 PM
guddah1

So I've been working on my own line for sometime now & I would like some feedback on some tees so far. It's called A Plus & the slogan(Raising The Curve Above Average). Have at it.
front

back

front

back

front

back

front

back

front

back

front

back
Fixed

New tee I just did
front

back
April 4, 2011 @ 08:44 PM
TheWatcher732

I'm really digging just about all of them. "Stressed" is the best one in my opinion. Did you do the artwork for ill dreams? I don't have much real criticism, I dig the image you're going for. I'm actually interested in starting a line as well. I was wondering if/how you went about finding a reliable and inexpensive screenprinter. Any other words of wisdom for someone looking to do their thing would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance, and keep doing your thing mate.
April 4, 2011 @ 08:52 PM
CamTitanic

Real creative designs man. That's the most important part for real, there's too much bullshit out there and by separating yourself from that right off the bat you've done a lot. Now though it gets hard, screen printers, blanks, cut and sew are only the start. Best of luck.
April 4, 2011 @ 09:46 PM
FvckAge

looking really sick

only try to impress yourself
April 4, 2011 @ 09:58 PM
fruity_smell

This looks awesome!
April 4, 2011 @ 10:13 PM
slap

Brand name is "A Plus"? I would put the "P" and "L" closer together. Makes the logo look like
"A P Lus"
Do you have a mission or anything? Your reason for these designs?
Ill Dreams Create New Worlds and Oblivious to Oblivion are the only ones I would buy.
Don't really like the rest.
5/10 for designs.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

April 5, 2011 @ 09:12 PM
guddah1

Thanks for the love. The designs are just tees I wanted to wear myself & my mission is really to provoke peoples thoughts, educate & inspire to raise the curve in whatever you do in life. & yeah I did the artwork for the ill dreams tee & the hard part is ahead. I need to find a good screen printer & really decide what my next move is. So if any of you know of a great printer let me know
April 6, 2011 @ 11:26 AM
Filthe

First rule is don't ever EVER start off with a logo tee, whatever you decide to print make sure it is original and hasn't been done to death. Do your research and learn as much as you can.
April 6, 2011 @ 02:31 PM
HigherLearning

First rule is don't ever EVER start off with a logo tee, whatever you decide to print make sure it is original and hasn't been done to death. Do your research and learn as much as you can.

Exactly...start off with dope designs first...build brand recognition, then a logo tee will stand a chance. I started my own line a few months ago and the logo tee I made with the signature sold at a minimum. I believe people are more prone to support up and coming brands if they like the design more so than anything else. Hit me if you need any advice smile

www.demaurida.com
April 7, 2011 @ 11:42 PM
Awww SNAP

I like most of your designs above man. The better than your average one stood out as I was scrolling down.
April 8, 2011 @ 11:15 AM
HigherLearning

I'm starting a line as well with a couple of my close friends in the bay.

Honestly, what do you guys think of the name Wise Up?

I've been contacting the designer who created the original designs for Black Scale ONLY because he's been on another forum that I've been a part of for years, and we've always been cool on there. Really trying to put together some solid stuff before we start printing anything. Any advice would be helpful.

Not trying to thread jack either, I like most of your designs above man. The better than your average one stood out as I was scrolling down.

WISE UP - it's not necessarily the name, but more so the meaning behind it that will matter most.

You should also do a lot of research and find out your target market and make designs accordingly. The number one thing I'd say for you to do, since you aren't designing yourself would be to really ask yourself, all biased aside..."would I wear this shirt...if so, would I BUY it" if you answer yes to both...then print the design, because at least you're satisfied with it.

cool Good Luck mane!
April 8, 2011 @ 05:57 PM
dabears

i'm not sure what you mean by "raise the curve." but you mention that your intent is to: provoke peoples thoughts, educate & inspire to raise the curve in whatever you do in life. so i assume you mean a "curve" as it relates to education.

a "curve" in education is typically a (1) learning curve or (2) an exam curve.

(1) if you're "raising" a learning curve, you're making it more difficult to learn. (this is the modern understanding of the "steep learning curve" expression, which would only get steeper if you were to raise it.)

(2) with an exam curve, you are converting raw score results to traditional exam results, using the class performance as the basis for the conversion. if you are "raising the curve," you are making it easier for poor-scoring students to do well... in terms of their performance relative to their group of peers, not in terms of performance relative to the actual exam. it could be argued that they are rewarded for inactivity, they are being compensated for some sort of inherent unfairness in the exam (or in society/surrounding environment). regardless, it doesn't promote education.

(this makes your "better than your average" design particularly ironic.)

i entirely question the slogan's logic. based on your description of your slogan's meaning, i figure that you must mean "raising the bar."

and CURUPTLY should be CORRUPTLY.
April 8, 2011 @ 06:02 PM
dabears

if i am misunderstanding it slogan, can you explain? i am curious.
April 8, 2011 @ 06:05 PM
Third Eye Jedi

Besides the "fresh becomes him" t shirt,everything looks good.
April 8, 2011 @ 08:23 PM
Gman

Awesome designs man. Love the slogan and the light grey design... Probably the structural engineer in me smile)
April 8, 2011 @ 09:21 PM
ARDT

A lot better than the generic logo shit people conjure up and call it a line.
April 8, 2011 @ 09:53 PM
guddah1

i'm not sure what you mean by "raise the curve." but you mention that your intent is to: provoke peoples thoughts, educate & inspire to raise the curve in whatever you do in life. so i assume you mean a "curve" as it relates to education.

a "curve" in education is typically a (1) learning curve or (2) an exam curve.

(1) if you're "raising" a learning curve, you're making it more difficult to learn. (this is the modern understanding of the "steep learning curve" expression, which would only get steeper if you were to raise it.)

(2) with an exam curve, you are converting raw score results to traditional exam results, using the class performance as the basis for the conversion. if you are "raising the curve," you are making it easier for poor-scoring students to do well... in terms of their performance relative to their group of peers, not in terms of performance relative to the actual exam. it could be argued that they are rewarded for inactivity, they are being compensated for some sort of inherent unfairness in the exam (or in society/surrounding environment). regardless, it doesn't promote education.

(this makes your "better than your average" design particularly ironic.)

i entirely question the slogan's logic. based on your description of your slogan's meaning, i figure that you must mean "raising the bar."

and CURUPTLY should be CORRUPTLY.

Thanks for pointing out the curuptly & corruptly forgot to spell check & its # 1 the learning curve. Thought of using bar but the word curve looks better in print & i was sure people would understand what i was going for. Like you said a higher learning curve means more difficult to learn, so people will have to try harder to learn, meaning your peers will have to up their game.
I really hope you're in some ivy league school or at least graduated from one
April 9, 2011 @ 03:56 AM
tha son

I hope you don't live your life by such rigid rules...
April 9, 2011 @ 04:10 AM
sacrificeofthe

Need an all over print these days
April 10, 2011 @ 10:35 AM
MikeyP

these designs are tight as man keep it up.
i would buy every single tee there
April 10, 2011 @ 10:39 AM
Sponge

You are two years too late.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/su preme-northface-galore-visvim-jkts-more/?#post- 3245185 SUPREME NORTHFACE GALORE

April 12, 2011 @ 09:28 AM
guddah1

You are two years too late.

I feel what you're saying but I think if the designs are strong enough a new line can survive nowadays. & thanks to everyone who took a look & even commented on my line. I really appreciate it. (also new tee added on 1st page)
May 11, 2011 @ 09:03 PM
losingchampion

nice! i like the last bird design

stretching the truth.for a better fit www.liesclothing.com

May 12, 2011 @ 01:24 AM
huzie

this is dope!!!
May 12, 2011 @ 01:42 AM
ray80929

I like the Leopard photo one. It's very creative.
May 12, 2011 @ 02:26 AM
Jvlv

bird design is nice cool
May 12, 2011 @ 02:56 AM
▓▓▓

why should i care about any of these designs? seems like any start up brand.
May 14, 2011 @ 03:41 AM
Blunted at birth.

nice! i like the last bird design

May 14, 2011 @ 05:31 AM
slimegoo

its alright, I see where you going with it, not my thing but its cool.

Good luck in the future with it.
May 14, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
dizicim1m

good job + rep

Please login first to reply.