Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 18, 2010 @ 11:42 PM
cokes23

ONLY.NY right on it. how bout The Award Tour too?

award tours dope. lochs a genius
December 19, 2010 @ 11:31 PM
rts

to be honest i dont care too much about "giving back to the community", but i try to only buy from brands that produce in america. Supporting our economy is giving back in a way i guess
December 21, 2010 @ 10:40 AM
Brian@ONLY

I've been reading some of the responses here, albeit I left my note early on and didn't return to the thread.

I just want to clarify the term 'giving back' with the hopes that most if not all of you may have the misconception that brand management with the ideology of returning to the roots (giving back) doesn't stem from a material good. What I mean by this is, buying a product from a popular brand with the intentions of donating proceeds to charity. This as a business model puts you and the brand under 'non-profit'. Outside of monetary donations, the ideology expands in creation of ideas that many do not grasp.

What this means is, there are ways to 'give back' that is completely transparent to the end consumer. Most, if not all, have some sort of transparency to this and it's only relevant to the audience it's directed at, similar to a charitable donation...only the charity receiving the donation knows that they're receiving it unless otherwise publicized by the brand.

In turn, and ESPECIALLY with ONLY NY, we strive to give back in areas that make logical sense to the growth of our market. Identifying subcultures and promoting motivated and creative individuals has always been our thing. You may not know, but some of our designs are inspired and created by rogue artist, artist who we've built relationships with, who our designers feel like they have relevant design characteristics. So maybe the end consumer is oblivious to this, and think how come ONLY doesn't give back where the flip side to this is the rogue artist promotes to all his friends hey I did a design for ONLY. Again, relevancy is only transparent to the individual effort you put forth.

Additionally, the major theme of ONLY stems from the Old New York. This is us giving back to the city which we formerly knew, by bringing awareness to the time when we grew up in NY. This is evident by the rich history we post in our newsstand. Some of the items are current, some of the items are historic, some elements of design are visually displayed in our Photo Deli. These are all forms of giving back, it's relevant to us, and that's what part of the message we hope to publicize. In some form, some of the images we hope hit home to individuals who can relate to the times when we grew up in NY. The recent Brooklyn Tookover Newsstand brings us all back...back to the 90s when we ran through the train yards or stood on the platforms watching a metal burner roll through the station.

We hope you see the rich culture (or subculture) that ONLY brings, we're here for you even though you may just see us as another street wear brand. We take great pride in our manufacturing, we live to believe that Made in the USA stands for superior quality and attention to detail.
January 28, 2011 @ 09:10 AM
SiW

thanks alot man - just trynna make it

Same here
February 15, 2011 @ 02:39 AM
LMCrep

www.onlynylives.com

product lifestyle is cyclical, read newsstand Brooklyn Took Over

i really dig a lot of your stuff. i especially love that design with the hand. very nice.

one of my best friends (dude i played ball with in college) has a brand up here that's pushing a message some might perceive to be of "substance." they purchased the uniforms of a high school basketball team that needed funding.

it's called lovemoney and the site is http://www.lovemoneyclothing.com/blog/

i agree with much of what you said. giving back is really something that occurs under the eyes of those looking for an immediate and obvious instance of charity. it happens all the time, in material and intangible ways. people just don't notice it much. keep doing your thing.

stixfigure, nice logo
February 15, 2011 @ 11:06 PM
12dadude

a brand with some sort of message is always better to me, be it positive or negative. It makes the money feel well spent.
February 16, 2011 @ 03:24 AM
LMCrep

a brand with some sort of message is always better to me, be it positive or negative. It makes the money feel well spent.

yup.
February 16, 2011 @ 06:08 AM
BarryGoods

Definitely if the dude who's started it has a story. No corporate monkeys. However no fakers either. I see a lot of brands claiming they are street bred but you know they grew up in a nice neighborhood. For me as long as you don't fake it and are real with who you are then it's chill.

sorry for my long rant.

www.proverse.com

P R O V E R S E | WWW.PROVERSE.COM | INSTAGRAM.COM/PROVERSEGOODS | PPP

February 16, 2011 @ 11:17 AM
HigherLearning

Nice stuff Proverse! Aren't you on emptees?!

But yea, brands that have positive messages or come up stories are always great to support. I remember when I first started my line, it had no purpose, then when my daughter was born I stopped it and dedicated all my time to her. Once she was abducted, I decided to re launch it and use it to raise money for her foundation. Sometimes, brands don't have a good cause or purpose per se but simply want to produce fashionable products...kanye shrug

www.demaurida.com
February 18, 2011 @ 05:47 PM
BarryGoods

Nice stuff Proverse! Aren't you on emptees?!

But yea, brands that have positive messages or come up stories are always great to support. I remember when I first started my line, it had no purpose, then when my daughter was born I stopped it and dedicated all my time to her. Once she was abducted, I decided to re launch it and use it to raise money for her foundation. Sometimes, brands don't have a good cause or purpose per se but simply want to produce fashionable products...kanye shrug

www.demaurida.com

Thanks brutha. Yeah I am on emptees. Those guys inspire me to do my stuff. I try and keep it 100% personal.

P R O V E R S E | WWW.PROVERSE.COM | INSTAGRAM.COM/PROVERSEGOODS | PPP

Please login first to reply.