September 3, 2010 @ 07:22 PM
be@ns

looking for somewhere online to cop either or... i know about jcrew and aa.. was just looking for other options
September 3, 2010 @ 07:33 PM
Eazy-E

Gap
September 3, 2010 @ 07:49 PM
be@ns

-_-
September 3, 2010 @ 08:11 PM
TH9

September 3, 2010 @ 08:18 PM
lucca

supremes chambray that should be realeasing soon is nice

http://luccaxverrelli.tumblr.com

September 4, 2010 @ 01:58 AM
Phiberglass

I haven't really found any other good sources. Alfani has some good fitting oxford/chambray shirts.

I think I may go for MTM oxfords next. Get them nice and fitted for around $60 which is what you get them for anyways.
September 4, 2010 @ 02:01 AM
Muted

confused
September 4, 2010 @ 02:01 AM
tree fiddy

uniqlo

10char
September 4, 2010 @ 04:28 AM
skillet

when it comes to chambrays you can't go wrong with J crew's. they fit really well and are much higher quality than you'd expect
September 4, 2010 @ 08:14 PM
EntropicAnarchy

ralph lauren or RRL, if you have the cash of course
September 6, 2010 @ 12:02 AM

Inactive

^ Polo Oxford for sure
September 6, 2010 @ 12:46 PM
hyperpiper45

Gap make pretty solid oxfords.
September 6, 2010 @ 01:41 PM
EddieB

Chambray is waaaaay too hype right now. It's a nice classic fabric, but you'd be better off investing in some quality oxfords which are absolute necessities.

Brooks Brothers makes an incredible Extra Slim Fit oxford that's worth far more than the 3/$200 that they charge. If you think it's above your price range, I'd still recommend going to the store, getting measured, and investing in some. Provided you take care of them, they'll last a long time and you'll look great. That works out to like 66 a shirt, which is J. Crew prices, yet the fit and quality absolutely shits on J. Crew.

I usually wear oxfords from Rugby Ralph Lauren, which are 60 a piece (+15% off if you're a college student). Fantastic fit and good fabric. I'd say quality here is about on par with J. Crew.

LL Bean actually makes a nice slim fit oxford as well. I think they're like $30? You're limited in colors but the fit and quality is quite nice and it's better than anything you'd find in a mall, including Gap (who make _TERRIBLE_ oxfords).
September 6, 2010 @ 02:55 PM
Daveb86

oxford!

I wish there was a damn comparison chart between uniqlo oxfords and AA oxfords.

I'm 6' 160' and want some really slim ones that i can wear not tucked in and it wont be too long. also want some slim sleeves.

Seems i'd either be a small in AA or medium in Uniqlo. which fits slimmer?
September 6, 2010 @ 04:40 PM
Phiberglass

I really need to checkout those extra slim fit Brooks Brothers Oxfords, they sound pretty good. The Rugy Ralph Lauren ones look excellent too. Do they sell those in RL stores, or is it something separate? I recently got an Alfani "Urban fit" and the fit is awesome. I may just send the shirt into one of those online websites and have shirts made after that template.
September 6, 2010 @ 05:27 PM
jsagacity83

Chambray is waaaaay too hype right now. It's a nice classic fabric, but you'd be better off investing in some quality oxfords which are absolute necessities.

Brooks Brothers makes an incredible Extra Slim Fit oxford that's worth far more than the 3/$200 that they charge. If you think it's above your price range, I'd still recommend going to the store, getting measured, and investing in some. Provided you take care of them, they'll last a long time and you'll look great. That works out to like 66 a shirt, which is J. Crew prices, yet the fit and quality absolutely shits on J. Crew.

I usually wear oxfords from Rugby Ralph Lauren, which are 60 a piece (+15% off if you're a college student). Fantastic fit and good fabric. I'd say quality here is about on par with J. Crew.

LL Bean actually makes a nice slim fit oxford as well. I think they're like $30? You're limited in colors but the fit and quality is quite nice and it's better than anything you'd find in a mall, including Gap (who make _TERRIBLE_ oxfords).

Amazing post sir, def. gonna check out the Brooks Brothers oxfords...
September 6, 2010 @ 06:32 PM
EddieB

I really need to checkout those extra slim fit Brooks Brothers Oxfords, they sound pretty good. The Rugy Ralph Lauren ones look excellent too. Do they sell those in RL stores, or is it something separate? I recently got an Alfani "Urban fit" and the fit is awesome. I may just send the shirt into one of those online websites and have shirts made after that template.

Rugby has like 10 stores scattered across the nation. If you're interested in the oxfords, go to a Polo store and try on their "custom fit" oxfords; Rugby oxfords fit about the same, but the arms and body are about 1" longer. You can then order online or if you're lucky enough to live near a store, just go buy one. Highly recommended to skinny people with long arms; they're the only oxfords in SMLXL (as opposed to neck/arm size like with BB) that fit me off the rack.
-------------------------------
For people who are really hurting, check out "American Living" oxfords at JC Penney. They're actually made by Ralph Lauren and can be often found on sale for like $20 or less. I was wearing a Rugby oxford this weekend and compared it to the AL oxford on display and it was the _exact_ same fabric, which is amazing for a $20 shirt. There's a relatively big logo on the pocket but for $20 it's still unfuckwithable, just wear a sweater over it or something. Fit isn't as slim/long as Rugby and I'm sure the construction and details aren't up to par either, but again, at $20, you can't find anything remotely close quality-wise. I'd personally save up $10 more for the Bean shirt though; those are measured by neck/arm size so you're gonna end up with a better fit and Bean's quality is actually on point.
September 6, 2010 @ 07:33 PM
curtisboy

Ralph lauren has that nice look to it
September 11, 2010 @ 12:45 PM
igotstupidjuice

uniqlo oxfords for $20 ftw, nice and fitted too

i bust the dope moves. i got stupid juice.

September 11, 2010 @ 01:18 PM
Phiberglass

Tough to get in the states if not in NY ^^

I still have to try the ESF Brooks Brothers oxfords, I might do that today. No Rugbys around me, so I may just order one and see how it fits. The JCrew oxfords fit pretty well too, the store only had 1 or 2 though.
September 13, 2010 @ 02:44 AM
zeezyo

lol every single clothing brand is on the chambray hype.

get some uniqlo oxfords. cheapest quality shirt you can get.

X

September 13, 2010 @ 09:03 PM
AIYA8

Does anyone know how do Uniqlo oxfords fit compared to Jcrew or Supreme oxfords? True? Small?

Im a true Medium in Supreme Tees.. hope this helps
September 13, 2010 @ 09:22 PM
Daveb86

what about the new slim-fit uniqlo oxfords
September 13, 2010 @ 11:55 PM
Lew

i thought all uniqlo oxfords were slim fit
September 19, 2010 @ 04:26 PM
modernART

Gap chambray shirt on sale for $41.99. I believe they have a full-size run on their online store.

September 19, 2010 @ 06:53 PM
curtisboy

I prefer brown wodden type buttons instead of those white ones
September 19, 2010 @ 07:25 PM
Phiberglass

The white buttons on Gap chambray are pretty cheap looking and to the touch, I agree.

So I tried a few recommended oxfords. I ended up ordering a rugby Oxford in blue. The quality is excellent, fit is pretty up there. The only thing is it's a little wider in the waist than I'd like it to be. Other than that the sleeves on the Large are probably 34/35 and fit perfectly. I may have the wait taken in by a tailor, the chest fits fine though.

I also tried a jcrew oxford quickly, quality was right up there with Rugby, although the oxford cloth felt a little heavier. Fit was pretty much the same as above, waist a little slimmer, sleeves a tad shorter.

Now I just need to get myself over to Brooks Brothers in Downtown. It's right down Figueroa, but parking is a hassle. I'll probably get at least one oxford from there if they live up to their hype.
November 30, 2010 @ 05:02 PM
qorqorkid

Anybody got oxfords from American Apparel? how are they?
November 30, 2010 @ 05:51 PM
whenarichniggawantU

sizing is a lil off but i think they're extraordinarily especially for the price point. I size down one in their button up for a nice, slim fit.

Please login first to reply.