Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
July 15, 2010 @ 03:50 AM
K [X] Z I

Would you prefer a graphic tee that costs $28 made from American Apparel, or AAA? I noticed that American Apparel doesn't really fade significantly and the material is softer. Some people don't like the fitting of them, so what's your opinion? Please do not write your opinion if you have not tried both shirts. Remember, you are paying the same price for them. Thanks for the input.
July 15, 2010 @ 04:16 AM
fatbro

aaa is the standard for streetwear shirts
July 15, 2010 @ 02:28 PM
Bubbs619

well i havent worn a AA shirt and i refuse to purchase one for $28 whereas AAA are $5 a pop for one cool
July 15, 2010 @ 03:22 PM
sbhead6419

where do you guys buy aaa?
July 15, 2010 @ 05:52 PM
K [X] Z I

aaa is the standard for streetwear shirts

I'm aware of that, but what would you prefer? I personally like American Apparel, but I have a feeling that more prefer AAA, but then I don't know if they've tried an American Apparel tee to compare.

well i havent worn a AA shirt and i refuse to purchase one for $28 whereas AAA are $5 a pop for one cool

I am not asking about just the shirts. A single tee purchased directly from AA is $18ish with tax (which is still ridiculous. My question states a "graphic tee" as in a design screen printed on AA or AAA. Do you want to pay $28 for a graphic tee printed on American Apparel or AAA.

where do you guys buy aaa?

If you google the brand, you are definitely going to find shops that sell them. Just compare prices to make sure you are getting the tees at the best price.

Thanks for the input guys.
July 15, 2010 @ 06:43 PM
Tropical Geek

Z I;2586009']Would you prefer a graphic tee that costs $28 made from American Apparel, or AAA? I noticed that American Apparel doesn't really fade significantly and the material is softer. Some people don't like the fitting of them, so what's your opinion? Please do not write your opinion if you have not tried both shirts. Remember, you are paying the same price for them. Thanks for the input.

I would say American Apparel, I print all my clothing lines new stuff on American Apparel 2001. Male and females can wear an American Apparel shirt and it will look good on them.
July 15, 2010 @ 06:55 PM
K [X] Z I

Thanks for your input. How's business doing?
July 15, 2010 @ 07:25 PM
Tropical Geek

Z I;2586870']Thanks for your input. How's business doing?

Things are picking up a lot for us thanks to people thinking the recession is over
July 15, 2010 @ 07:37 PM
KP$

Z I;2586009']Would you prefer a graphic tee that costs $28 made from American Apparel, or AAA? I noticed that American Apparel doesn't really fade significantly and the material is softer. Some people don't like the fitting of them, so what's your opinion? Please do not write your opinion if you have not tried both shirts. Remember, you are paying the same price for them. Thanks for the input.

American Apparel is kind of a ripoff, they're soft and everything but unless you're a scene kid or a 14 year old girl the fit is kind of tight and girly.

AAA is a more full fit which I like personally, but after a few washes its sort of hit or miss, I feel like they lose a lot of length. I feel like if they added like 2.5" to the length of each size it would be dope.
July 15, 2010 @ 08:07 PM
Tropical Geek

American Apparel is kind of a ripoff, they're soft and everything but unless you're a scene kid or a 14 year old girl the fit is kind of tight and girly.

AAA is a more full fit which I like personally, but after a few washes its sort of hit or miss, I feel like they lose a lot of length. I feel like if they added like 2.5" to the length of each size it would be dope.

If its tight you size up. They built their brand to be premium so the cost are higher plus their one of the only major t-shirt companies that make stuff in the US still.
July 15, 2010 @ 08:15 PM
K [X] Z I

Yup, that's why Johnny Cupcakes charges $35 per tee.
July 15, 2010 @ 08:42 PM
F033x

aaa hands down.
they set benchmarks for the entire clothing industry as far as quality and cost go, not to mention they have a good variation of styles.

aa tees are thin, fitted to death no matter what the model and shrink unevenly from what ive seen.

when they increase neck support and fabric weight ill reconsider wearing em but for now the 1/3 of my shirt collection printed on aa is gonna sit there until i grow to be a 6'3 157lb. scenekid.
July 15, 2010 @ 10:34 PM
K [X] Z I

The only down side that I noticed, was their white tees. Since they are thin shirts, the white tees seem a bit more see through.

Basically its:

Slim-fit/Soft/Thin/Less-fading/more costly

VS

Standard fit/Rougher/Thick/Fading/cost effective
July 15, 2010 @ 10:44 PM
araw at bituin

AAA shirts are stronger especially around the neck. they have a lot of colors and they're $3 each at my local mall.

http://instagram.com/qyel

July 15, 2010 @ 11:31 PM
K [X] Z I

I could swear that from reading from the t-shirt forums and other forums, about 90%+ of brand entrepreneurs and screen printers all said that American Apparel is the was to go. Everyone who posted in this thread (im assuming isn't in the industry) agrees that AAA is better except for tropical who is in the industry. I think I need more responses and I think I should find other places to poll vote. Too bad I didnt do it here.
July 16, 2010 @ 12:50 AM
INVS

Z I;2587279']I could swear that from reading from the t-shirt forums and other forums, about 90%+ of brand entrepreneurs and screen printers all said that American Apparel is the was to go. Everyone who posted in this thread (im assuming isn't in the industry) agrees that AAA is better except for tropical who is in the industry. I think I need more responses and I think I should find other places to poll vote. Too bad I didnt do it here.

from a business stand point i would go with aaa cheaper and it is the industry standard if you want to get a softer feel of aa but want keep the sizing of aaa got with aaa platnium...they made that style to compete with aa
July 16, 2010 @ 06:27 AM
Tom E. Sivertsen

just got a white pro club t-shirt, seems to be very good quality on it. Never tried AA or AAA though..
July 17, 2010 @ 02:13 AM
K [X] Z I

I guess it's all about preference, but I tried Pro CLub like in high school an that was not working for me. I don't remember anyone saying good things about that brand except that this one guy I knew. He said the ring around the neck was durable and didn't stretch.
July 17, 2010 @ 02:17 AM
K [X] Z I

from a business stand point i would go with aaa cheaper and it is the industry standard if you want to get a softer feel of aa but want keep the sizing of aaa got with aaa platnium...they made that style to compete with aa

Hmmmm I think you're on the money. Have you tried them? If so, are they box like? I hear a lot of people who refer the shape of AAA as box-like. I just don't like how the sleeves flare out and how the shoulders got pointy corners on them... box-like. Do you know anywhere who sells them cheap so I could snag a sample??? If not, I'll just google a lot. I believe they are the AAA 1701's. Thanks for the recommendation.
July 17, 2010 @ 03:53 AM
Joe_

aa all day
July 17, 2010 @ 04:03 AM
rickqlo

AA is much too thin in my opinion, however I have only tried it on in-store so I do not know how it compares to AAA post-wash.

I've recently bought a few AAA tees and perhaps they've changed the cut/material but I find it much shorter than previously and the neck is a lot stretchier (does not retain tightness as much). Post-wash, a majority of my AAA tees did not shrink at all but the black does fade a lot over time.

I would choose AAA overall.
July 17, 2010 @ 05:06 AM
araw at bituin

Z I;2587279']I could swear that from reading from the t-shirt forums and other forums, about 90%+ of brand entrepreneurs and screen printers all said that American Apparel is the was to go. Everyone who posted in this thread (im assuming isn't in the industry) agrees that AAA is better except for tropical who is in the industry. I think I need more responses and I think I should find other places to poll vote. Too bad I didnt do it here.

it really depends on what kind of brand you're starting up too. if it's a streetwear brand, most people aren't gonna give a damn what it's printed on. if not, then you might wanna go AA because it's made in the usa, "good quality", sweatshop free, etc. it projects a better image to the consumer i guess.

http://instagram.com/qyel

July 17, 2010 @ 06:41 AM
young idiot

there are different kinds of aa blanks, aren't there? like the polycotton ones, the tri-blend ones, the army thick ones, the baby thermal ones, etc. depends on which aspect you're prioritising. personally, i only really wear aa fine jersey t-shirts, but then i only ever use them for layering. i imagine the ones that aren't 100% cotton aren't so fitted.
July 17, 2010 @ 06:00 PM
reap

i buy my aa from this "hood" place in mira mesa
$3

Please login first to reply.