Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 10, 2010 @ 03:32 PM
ipaintfr8s

Hey HB, I need to rock a tux. Can you guys help me out with some ideas, for dope ways to rock one or some pics of dudes rocking em that look original and stylish. I was just gonna wear either a traditional black on white or a black on black. This is a high class event so I'm tryna look my best.

*If you have seen the hangover, I kinda like how Phil wears his at the begining when they are just about to hit the town
April 10, 2010 @ 03:34 PM
Canvas08

you can never go wrong with black on black.

are you renting?

and what is this event? do you have a date?

that info could help us a little in our advice
April 10, 2010 @ 03:44 PM
TheOne

remember to match with your girl
April 10, 2010 @ 03:48 PM
ipaintfr8s

you can never go wrong with black on black.

are you renting?

and what is this event? do you have a date?

that info could help us a little in our advice

Ya, I planned on renting, I don't wear a tux enough to blow my bank on one. It is a formal business party/convention in Vegas and yes I am taking my bosses daughter, she is quite attractive

*In the Hangover movie, I like how Phil dosen't wear a vest or tie, but it still looks very nice and stylish, is this acceptable?
April 10, 2010 @ 04:17 PM
TheOne

^ok since you are taking your bosses daughter
then you gotta spend at least on a nice tux nikka

dress to impress
April 10, 2010 @ 04:35 PM
nocolor

Instagram: @derekandrewwong

April 10, 2010 @ 05:26 PM
Canvas08

Ya, I planned on renting, I don't wear a tux enough to blow my bank on one. It is a formal business party/convention in Vegas and yes I am taking my bosses daughter, she is quite attractive

*In the Hangover movie, I like how Phil dosen't wear a vest or tie, but it still looks very nice and stylish, is this acceptable?

tie is a necessity, preferably a bow tie in this situation. there are some options you can do instead of a vest though. do you know what color(s) your date will wear?

also do you know how everyone else is going to dress?

all black tux or with some color?
April 11, 2010 @ 01:20 PM
ipaintfr8s

My date is wearing a white/black dress, and I'm sure a lot of guys will use color in their tux and some will go original
April 11, 2010 @ 08:29 PM
Canvas08

My date is wearing a white/black dress, and I'm sure a lot of guys will use color in their tux and some will go original

im not a fan of white tuxedos, it has been over done. black is always good but when i want to stand out and be different, midnight blue is a sweet color. since your date is wearing white and black, black will probably be the best option. i would go with

black dinner jacket, single breasted, ribbed silk faced peak lapels

black beltless, pleated front tuxedo trousers with single silk braid on outside seams and no cuffs

black silk cummerbund instead of a waistcoat/vest

black silk bow tie

white marcella shirt with turn down collar, mother of pearl buttons if possible and french cuffs

studs and cuff links that are mother of pearl really stand out from all the onyx hardware people usually get. get gold or silver with pearl set in it depending on whether your date is wearing gold or silver jewelry

black patent leather oxford shoes instead of traditional tuxedo court shoes

white silk pocket square instead of linen

dont wear a time piece

this will give you a modern, slightly less formal, stylish look without making you look like a douche
April 11, 2010 @ 11:45 PM
ipaintfr8s

I said fuck it and fucking broke my bank on one today, I coped a full Calvin Klein. It's fresh, traditional yet stylish, it's black I'm wear a white button up and black silk bow tie, my cuff links are gold/while, and my shoes are black patent leather like you suggested
April 12, 2010 @ 02:23 AM
Canvas08

I said fuck it and fucking broke my bank on one today, I coped a full Calvin Klein. It's fresh, traditional yet stylish, it's black I'm wear a white button up and black silk bow tie, my cuff links are gold/while, and my shoes are black patent leather like you suggested

make sure the shirt is a tuxedo shirt.

calvin klein tuxedos are dope for the price range. good choice.
April 12, 2010 @ 02:27 AM
ateeeewuh.

LOL @ breaking the bank on a ck suit, wat a joke. all 500 of your life savings gone? sadddd
April 12, 2010 @ 01:43 PM
Jackson12

LOL @ breaking the bank on a ck suit, wat a joke. all 500 of your life savings gone? sadddd

haaaaaate
April 13, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
ipaintfr8s

On a tux my dude.. really? I'll prolly rock this bitch one more time and be done with it, so ya, I don't really wanna drop 5 bills on it. I spend my cheddar on exclusive shit and kicks
April 13, 2010 @ 01:09 AM
TheOne

^fuck just go to mens warehouse
April 13, 2010 @ 02:54 AM
JasonHe

Okay there are quiet a few options. Right now the double breasted suit is making a big return, this along with the bow tie. If you rock a double breasted suit with the bow tie that would be on point fashion.

Double breasted suits make short or medium height guys look broader. It also gives an heir of classier and richer.

Double breasted tuxedo with the bow tie is new in thing.

But for a risk free look just go with a normal two button suit. Only button the top button. Black and navy won't go wrong. Also, instead of buying a super expensive suit. Your better off buying a moderately good suit and getting it tailored for cheaper. A big brand doesnt necessarily mean it's a better suit.

Also if your short, go for a pinstripe.

Guy on the right.

Good luck :D
April 13, 2010 @ 07:35 AM
hools

i've always wanted to go with a jet blue tux like the one in I Love You Man. sharp.
April 14, 2010 @ 09:42 PM
Canvas08

Okay there are quiet a few options. Right now the double breasted suit is making a big return, this along with the bow tie. If you rock a double breasted suit with the bow tie that would be on point fashion.

Double breasted suits make short or medium height guys look broader. It also gives an heir of classier and richer.

Double breasted tuxedo with the bow tie is new in thing.

But for a risk free look just go with a normal two button suit. Only button the top button. Black and navy won't go wrong. Also, instead of buying a super expensive suit. Your better off buying a moderately good suit and getting it tailored for cheaper. A big brand doesnt necessarily mean it's a better suit.

Also if your short, go for a pinstripe.

Guy on the right.

Good luck :D

he said tuxedo not suit. big difference

plus bow tie with a suit is NEVER a good look. ESPECIALLY with a double breasted suit.

and black suits are only for funerals
April 14, 2010 @ 09:58 PM
Redline

he said tuxedo not suit. big difference

plus bow tie with a suit is NEVER a good look. ESPECIALLY with a double breasted suit.

and black suits are only for funerals

because of the many variations of a suit, the only real difference is satin.

ps: where the fuck did i lose 20 posts

to op: get that shit tailored to fit!
April 17, 2010 @ 05:00 AM
JasonHe

Black suits only for funerals confused !?
April 17, 2010 @ 11:46 PM
Canvas08

black suits are a definite fashion faux pas except for funerals and the like. navy, grey etc. are much more acceptable

and pin stripes are rarely a good look. windowpane is much better
April 18, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
hadesnuggz

hahahahhhhhhhhhhhh
April 18, 2010 @ 05:37 PM
jamestapoz

when you rent you can't get alternations, so go with slim styles

Please login first to reply.