Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 31, 2009 @ 11:13 PM
TheFreshPrince

Anyone have any opinions on these brands? J Crew or Banana Republic?

I'm looking for some dressier shirts/pants/shorts, and can't really come up with anything. Looking for a little bit classier polos, shirts, shorts. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
May 31, 2009 @ 11:18 PM
CONQ

I like em all. J crew has nice quality button ups, shorts and basic Ts. Banana makes real dress pants and sweaters. I also get down with there undershirts.

overall i like brands like this a lot more then most street wear brands. better quality and more sophisticated

edit:banana has some real sick shorts this year, bout to go pick some up myself
June 1, 2009 @ 11:41 AM
thelurkers

I think J.Crew makes some of the best fitting clothes out there. Both the classic fit chinos and the secret wash shirts have a slim, yet not skinny fit, so they look tailored but not tight. Just picked up a couple of shirts and I am quite pleased. Check out their selvage chambray workshirt, it's one of those pieces you'll wear for years.
June 1, 2009 @ 12:07 PM
Calborn

They have very good stuff at those stores.
Basically that style is what most chicks look for in a man.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

June 1, 2009 @ 12:17 PM
Autywon

Basically that style is what most chicks look for in a man.

it's true. smile
June 1, 2009 @ 06:44 PM
Burr

BR v-necks are nice
June 1, 2009 @ 07:07 PM
Flatline101

them v necks in bannan republic are the best plain tees ever thats basically all i wear, j crew is alright too, but i prefer bannana republic becuase its even more simple, they make plain colors look good, but the only thing i get out their stores is v necks sweaters and plain tees.
June 1, 2009 @ 11:50 PM
obakeissick

Jcrew is definitely turning into one of my favorite stores. From pants to button ups, I've always been more than satisfied with a purchase from there. That being said, Jcrew is a bit more casual. But at the same time, you could easily dress yourself up with Jcrew stuff given the right combinations.

Banana Republic isn't as good as Jcrew in my opinion, but hit them both up and decide for yourself sir. Usually where there's one, there's the other.

haileybardwick.tumblr.com

June 2, 2009 @ 01:55 AM
B2FiNiTY

banana stays classic for years. nothing really changes other than colors and fit.

never buy full retail either. they have rediculous sales all the time.
June 2, 2009 @ 03:12 AM
jeronimo

hit the jcrew outlet. i got a oxford 3 months ago for 20 bux. they have good shit for cheap, and quality is good. same with banana, i wear both.
June 2, 2009 @ 05:25 PM
kiko

j crew is good stuff. those secretwash shirts are the shit and the "collectors items" in every catologue are always top quality. i also enjoy the oxford shoes they got very good as a casual shoe
June 3, 2009 @ 08:43 AM
hadesnuggz

Very nice... These brands will get you hot chicks.
June 3, 2009 @ 04:52 PM
K BOOG

I think J.Crew makes some of the best fitting clothes out there. Both the classic fit chinos and the secret wash shirts have a slim, yet not skinny fit, so they look tailored but not tight. Just picked up a couple of shirts and I am quite pleased. Check out their selvage chambray workshirt, it's one of those pieces you'll wear for years.

lies. they have the hands down worst fitting clothes of any mall-type clothing store. their khakis are all relaxed cut with full legs and boot flare openings. They have yet to join the current century and start making slim cut shirts, or dress ones for that matter that are not pre-wrinkeled and overly washed for that retarted 'cape cod' look.
June 3, 2009 @ 05:15 PM
The Main Event

lies. they have the hands down worst fitting clothes of any mall-type clothing store. their khakis are all relaxed cut with full legs and boot flare openings. They have yet to join the current century and start making slim cut shirts, or dress ones for that matter that are not pre-wrinkeled and overly washed for that retarted 'cape cod' look.

I disagree and they do produce slim-fit chinos, maybe they just are not available at stores near you. I like both J. Crew and Banana Republic and use them as an alternative to Ralph Lauren Polo when I can't find something I want from there.
June 3, 2009 @ 05:25 PM
thelurkers

Maybe you haven't been recently, because they have both a classic fit (tailored, slimmer than their regular chino) and slim fit chino. Most of their secret wash shirts don't look faded or wrinkled at all.
June 3, 2009 @ 05:36 PM
CONQ

Dey also have nice dress shirts, nat jus da wrinkled ones!
June 3, 2009 @ 08:14 PM
becks-23-

what was the last time you went to j crew? they're new stuff fit perfect. I haven't tried on any pants there but i just bought some oxford shirts and secret wash shirts last week and they fit perfect. slim tailored fit. also got 2 pairs of shorts that fit and look great. j crew fits are gonna go hard for the summer with some boat shoes &) hype hype
June 4, 2009 @ 01:57 PM
kiko

^^lmao supremexj-crew gunna be dope.

also they just introduced the "urban slim fit" model on their khakis which im pretty sure is just fancy for a skinny fit. so take that kboog smile
June 4, 2009 @ 05:07 PM
washeights177x

j crew is the shit but a little over priced
June 8, 2009 @ 09:39 PM
herb assassin.

Are J crew chinos worth it, because they're like $70?
June 8, 2009 @ 09:45 PM
Alex Glass

I like banana republic don't get me wrong, they have some smart clothes in there, but I find it kinda pricey, I can get similar clothing at H&M for a lot cheaper.
June 9, 2009 @ 05:31 AM
jmiranda916

i think jcrew has better quality clothes.i usually pick up items from the jcrew outlet.a lot cheaper.but i really can't hate on br beacause they nice clothes too.
June 9, 2009 @ 08:07 PM
intothewrx

i used to work at banana republic. overall i feel that their clothes are over priced.

their style is classic and style can go only go so extreme to please the wide audience

their materials are good quality and nice to touch. however they tend to stretch a lot when wearing them, but will shrink back once you wash them.

some of their good stuffs probably worth buying are:
dress shirts, dress pants, belts, ties, suits, accesories(wallets, cuffs)

some stuff i feel that you should get at other stores:
shoes, colonge, polos, shorts, t shirts(some are ok)

the sweaters i am on the edge. all their materials are very stretchy. and some of the styless are just too old fashioned.
June 9, 2009 @ 08:47 PM
TeeMillz

I picked up some nice khaki shorts at a Bannana outlet for on sale for like 15.00 a few days ago.

Quality is real nice and they're comfortable.

Everything is purple.. my brain is fuckin purple

June 10, 2009 @ 01:04 AM
vamks

JCrew is definitely where you want to go for basics. Besides their variety, they're making tons of noise in the classic's with collabs with Barracuta, Mac, Russel Moccasin, Red Wing, etc. etc. etc.
June 10, 2009 @ 05:11 PM
debs 168

j crew is all i wear as far as work clothing...ok, thats a lie but i have a lot of j crew clothing.cool
i like br for the dress pants and j crew for the shirts.
June 11, 2009 @ 12:36 AM
Ryan

all around JCrew.. BR gets a little too euro(confused for me sometimes
June 11, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
TwiggyDig

Jcrew is my favorite store for basic clothing. shorts, button ups, chinos, etc...

It's a less expensive version of Polo.

Banana republic also is sick they have dope loafers.

Also peep H&M for good basic clothing.

but Jcrew is best for preppy shit.good stuff
June 11, 2009 @ 04:56 PM
C.Dante

banana republic sucks to me, butj crew is pretty nice
July 2, 2009 @ 10:55 PM
Lo Pan

banana republic is stuck in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Please login first to reply.