Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 15, 2009 @ 04:42 PM
Ihome

How does one go about shrinking raw denim without completely fucking it up?
and t-shirts as well? i know i can put ts in the dryer but i want to shrink the width not the length so much...suggestions?
May 15, 2009 @ 05:14 PM
LostOneTR

I think that depends more on the fabric and less on you. Kind of a test to find out situation, unless someone else has experience with the same items of clothing and can tell you how it went.
May 15, 2009 @ 05:44 PM
Suraj

For the jeans, you can just soak them for 20-30(no more, no less) then press dry for a 5 to 10 minutes then air dry. As for a shirt, i have a similar problem, the only thing you can really do is learn how to sew it smaller or get it tailored at a professional place and if you do not want to put that much money getting it taliored, just wear a jacket over the shirt whenever you wear it.
May 15, 2009 @ 06:33 PM
Ihome

For the jeans, you can just soak them for 20-30(no more, no less) then press dry for a 5 to 10 minutes then air dry. As for a shirt, i have a similar problem, the only thing you can really do is learn how to sew it smaller or get it tailored at a professional place and if you do not want to put that much money getting it taliored, just wear a jacket over the shirt whenever you wear it.

Im assuming you use hot water? is it possible to be too hot or too cold? this is for jeans that have never been washed and are about 1 month old. i remember washing and then drying one of my raw demin jeans in the dryer and they came out all fucked
May 15, 2009 @ 07:36 PM
GOLDENi

Lol soak them in HOT water, cold does nothing.
They will eventually stretch back out after wear.
May 17, 2009 @ 02:38 PM
dtrader

If you're talking about the waist on your jeans being too big, you're probably better of going to a tailor. A hot soak can tighten it up for right now, but it's going to stretch back with wear. If you want more specific advise, you should post in the denim section.
May 17, 2009 @ 02:42 PM
ckeener

I agree... They will eventually stretch back out after wear.

Please login first to reply.