Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 31, 2006 @ 09:49 PM

Inactive

Dajibou, i aint sensitive or none of that shit

but isnt u blatantly calling every low class or mid class kind of elitest.

just caz a kid doesnt make much money or comes from a poor family, doesnt mean they cant put together a good sense of style for themselves

the gear aint shit, its how u wear it
July 31, 2006 @ 10:29 PM
Mr.BrightSide

just caz a kid doesnt make much money or comes from a poor family, doesnt mean they cant put together a good sense of style for themselves

This is true,i know rich kids who cant dress for shit but have the gear,and i know *****s who live in the hoods who are the freshest,but ima let naw know what else the D.C peeps is rocking,well what i like to call gay gear cause this is how they look,they will have on some, awww f it,half them cant drees,but look never bite the hand that feeds you,because me and my *****s birthed these *****s on my side of the city,now they wanna act all homo, man look i was a new student in my high school,everyone was dressing like a thug,then i come levi jeans,dunks,hundreds tee,and *****s like wtf??? he got on,so look i would rock bapes(not anymore there wack)and people would be like wtf??? you got on them fake af1's,and like i said i was the first dude in my area with icecreams simply becasue of who i know,so *****s tryed to clown them saying wtf are those super man shoes.......and look them same *****s rocking the shit now,so look i birthed the kids around here "b",i member when yall skinny *****s was rocking like 5xl tee's and shit "b",so man i started this fresh ish where im at,cats aint know what hit them when i came "b",so look alot of yall D.C and M.D *****s im your pops......
August 1, 2006 @ 06:49 AM
mxwlpxwl

i been checking out this board for a while now, and just registered. I was born, rasied, and still live in the area you are talking about Mr. Brightside, matter of fact, I went to the store you mentioned a few days ago, and I understand where you're coming from about the get-withs, clones and all that.

But PG has always been that way, a lot of people outside the city want to be like people inside the city. The bandwagon mentality is in full force around here. I think this area needs different stores that bring different styles and labels like a commonwealth and gentei in bmore. But ultimately, if it gets popular enough, ninjas will hop on as usual...

You seem like you got a lot of swag...exactly what part of the area are you from where you birthed all these cats????
August 1, 2006 @ 02:55 PM
Mr.BrightSide

I was born in southside,then i moved to forestville,but the area's that im birthing *****s in are largo,forestville really all the areas around largo and forestville suitland etc.,uptown,bowie,and some of the southside kids,they all look up to me,if i give a girl my number she will call me and be like damn i want you to teach my older brother how to dress,*****s would act like females, and would be like yo man when we going shopping???what ***** when we going shopping..never "b",im like a stylist to these *****s and im not even trying to style these *****s,for real...*****s then jacked my old swagger now they rocking icecreams with bapes with other old shit that style been got ate up by me and my crew.for real style is something your born with you cant just mimic it,casue you can have all the gear in the world but it's how you rock it,and alot of *****s out here are looking like clones,for real,and look the shit im on now,these lil *****s might start rocking it 10yrs from now for real,my steez is sick,but my style is low key,real *****s would be like damn my man's outfit is mad wicked,but the cloud jumpers a just run home and try to mimic me,it's funny though for real,but fo real im fathering lil bastard ass kids...........
August 1, 2006 @ 03:48 PM
Claystar

There's still no problem with Bapestas, they don't look any different than they did years ago if it's a good colorway then it's a good colorway (though with a few exceptions I prefer the earlier regular leather version than the patents). Some of us in DC were wearing Supreme and BAPE (before Pharrell started the dickriding train) and buying SBs in NYC before Pitcrew got their account so don't tell me what's happening and what's played out, thanks!

I'll have to agree with you there homie...There's been alot of cats rockin' Supreme, Stussy, etc...before this whole streetwear craze started to migrate down to the District.

There have been cats on my end, Uptown (I can't speak for the entire Uptown), that's been into premium denim, exclusive sneaks, and tees for a couple of years and all of these dudes are up in age.

No offense Mr. Brightside but cats from Largo and Forestville have never been known to have any style in the first place. (Glad that you schooled them homie).

As for my homies (who shall remain nameless) taking trips up north to grab hard to find kicks has always been apart of our lifestyle.
August 1, 2006 @ 03:55 PM
Claystar

i been checking out this board for a while now, and just registered. I was born, rasied, and still live in the area you are talking about Mr. Brightside, matter of fact, I went to the store you mentioned a few days ago, and I understand where you're coming from about the get-withs, clones and all that.

But PG has always been that way, a lot of people outside the city want to be like people inside the city. The bandwagon mentality is in full force around here. I think this area needs different stores that bring different styles and labels like a commonwealth and gentei in bmore. But ultimately, if it gets popular enough, ninjas will hop on as usual...

You seem like you got a lot of swag...exactly what part of the area are you from where you birthed all these cats????

Very true..PG Plaza is a place where everyone goes to buy the same stuff.
Getting stores like Commonwealth (I'm sure you've heard the rumors about one opening up in D.C.) would be great. The only thing that bothers me about that is then we'll start to see everyone dress the same like Mr. Brightside pointed out.

It's kind of a catch 22 situation you know...Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
August 1, 2006 @ 04:00 PM
tommyroks

What the fuck is happening to fashion?

homothug 4 lifeeeee
August 5, 2006 @ 04:40 AM
Daijobu

Hmmm. You bring up an interesting point, but by stating what "People in your area" are wearing, you cant help but to generalize as there are those in every city who don't fit any of the fashion trends that anyone listed for their respective cities.

I'm not being an elitist, but I am generalizing, and since i'm around all types of classes of people depending on the week or even day I have a good look at what everyone is wearing.

Are there lower class kids that can dress well? Sure, but usually its not clothes within their means. Most of it is fake gear or gear they had no business buying in order for them to wear high end clothing.

The dudes ive met that are lower income and dress better than rich kids usually wear somewhat plain/no name gear but that looks good and because its not found in a mall or its not fashion oriented it looks dope and they look fashionable.

Are there rich kids that suck at clothes? Hell yes. Theyre called persians. (i kidd i kidd, i love persion girls :D )

But really, i'm not being elitist, but I am pointing out that alot lower income kids THINK theyre fresh and TELL themselves theyre fly, but actually end up looking like goofs to the rest of society. But you cant tell them that, they learn for themselves.
August 5, 2006 @ 10:51 AM
shottalrg

newark, man errbody look da same, capris and polos and das bout it. i stick to my lrg shirt jeans and sneakers
August 6, 2006 @ 01:48 PM
MrUaInTgOtEm

I have been lurking on this forum for about 3-4 months now and mxwlpxwl I couldnt agree with you more. The Dc metro area are a bunch of hop ons. If you dont wear what everyone is wearing you are considered a "bamma." I remember when a black guy wore some skateboard shoes out here they would go on his ass like no tomorrow. Now bammas wearing skateboard shoes and vans. MrBrightside im not going on you but most of the people in the forrestville area are some cold bammas lol. You very well could be the only male with a fashion sense living around there lol. And i remember you bringing up whale as well. He will soon have everybody in our area on sb dunks. I been on dunks hard. I remember my mans used to trty to go on me and talk about im a bamma cuz i rocked dunks and didnt have any newbalance's lol. But you can only be different for so long before someone comes along and straight style jacks youcool
August 7, 2006 @ 12:06 AM
etcetera

man oh man, dont get me started abt teens in the md/dc area!!!

guys all want to be skater/urban hybrids (small size shirt w/ regular pants and newbalances cuz any dmv'er will tell u nb's go w/ errything!!!) some times the outfits get switched a lil to include skate shoes from pacsun shorts and still a small graphic tee w/ sumthin like 'led zepplin' on it psh they wudnt even kno the word zepplin existed let alone the band if it wasnt for the shirts!!! oh theres also the rich cats that rock the whole bape steez (i think its safe to say that bape is now its own clothing genere separate from street cuz none who wears street ish rly wears bape n noone who wears bape ish rly wears steet stuff...) i have a few friends and we are on a kinna different level, but closely related to street but we throw in the occasional lacoste or graphic tee when we dont feel like gettin too much attn....but were like skaters so its okay to rock graphic tees like real men wear pink lol

girls are killin me with the neo-80s whore look...any shoe w/ leggings under shorter leggings undera skirt then sum crzy colored top and too many unmatching accesories everything is blindingly clashing and of the neon colored nature...smh
then theres girls who think they are doin sumthing by wearing big ass suit jackets to a fucking gogo!!!?!?!? n tie it down w/ a huge belt and wear sum wack skirt and pumps they look like those 'linebacker' secretaries from the early 80s it rly does hurt...

but there are always gonna be peple that are on their chill ish w/ sum local brands and a nice pair of jordans...cant nock then cuz they stuck w/ the style after it got unpopular....
August 7, 2006 @ 04:00 AM
freddrick

Trends
Damn. I love fashion, but hate it too, caus so many people doens't get it - Not saying im a wonder.
BAPE/BBC/ICECREAM is coming to my town. A girl in my class just got fake bapestas, white/gold.

FAKE has come to my town and i cry every time i see it. Makes me mad, caus' pharrell was actually the one who got me into street fashion; Pharrell > Bape > Hypebeast.com and so on. Now i think bape is pretty wack, still have "feelings" for at though.

Hard times ahead.
August 7, 2006 @ 10:14 AM

Inactive

Montreal:

FAPE
August 7, 2006 @ 12:34 PM
KC Demion

Just got back in KC Saturday and it ain't lookin to good out here either

n!99@s wearin

Ecko
them jordan Shirts with the rhine Stones in them
white on White AF1's
Mudda Fuggin Dickies
Retro Jordans
3 toothed grills

2b Continued.....
August 7, 2006 @ 12:47 PM
EekaMouse

MAN us minorities in san diego need to step our game up...
I'ma send you this link of typical san diego fashion...
www.myspace.com/fresh2deffsmvp

hahahaha

that's typical hood shit over here. btw, vans are still ill. they don't make knu school's like they use to.
August 7, 2006 @ 01:23 PM
mxwlpxwl

So for everybody in the DC Metro Area, wouldn't you say that overall popular stye for young people in the area is the stuff covered in hypebeast.com?

I would say it is...
August 7, 2006 @ 02:45 PM
Mr.BrightSide

So for everybody in the DC Metro Area, wouldn't you say that overall popular stye for young people in the area is the stuff covered in hypebeast.com?

I would say it is...

Naw dont think so not at all,HYPE covers really really good brands theyoung kids out here just found out about stuusy when wale started rocking it,and as goes for SB's these kids dont no about good street brands,like take DIAMOND co. none of the kids out here would rock a DIAMOND co. tee without seeing lupe,kanye etc. rocking it first because they dont wanna feel stupid and out of place with a tee that just say DIAMOND on it,kids out here dress very homo,i rocked my DONT RAT tee yesterday and people were like uh~whats that,cause it lend more on the street side with the tee....................
August 7, 2006 @ 03:36 PM
etcetera

DC/MD youth (smh):

girls

‘fake street’ guys

for those not in the area, this is Wale…he’s actually pretty fresh, I just worry about him blowin streetwear’s spot in the worst place to do so…and his friends…

*EDITED* had sum wrong links
August 7, 2006 @ 05:00 PM
jerseyjoe

NYC
Was in NYC for quite awhile yesterday checking out most of the spots and Nash AM90's was being rocked hard by everyone and they momma!
Dope lookin shoe but yesterday killed it for me!
Everyone was rockin' em so hard that I had to post it here.
August 7, 2006 @ 09:59 PM
MrUaInTgOtEm

Naw dont think so not at all,HYPE covers really really good brands theyoung kids out here just found out about stuusy when wale started rocking it,and as goes for SB's these kids dont no about good street brands,

To be honest with you I have never seen anyone out in the mall or street with a stussy,hundreds,threadless,crooks or any of those copanies.I wear anything they dont sell in a store (t-shirt wise) in the city because EVERYONE looks the same. The girls fashion sense is soooo lame out here oh lord. They look like freaking walking picknick-tables lol. They call it vintage and i call it lame.Oh you can bet your a$s as soon as that major store opens you will see the sb/underground trend will start. All the dudes gonna start looking like the few of us that have been wearing dunks and underground clothing companies for years. I love going to pentagon city and people be like "were you get that shirt?" or "what kinda sneakers are those." But that will soon come to an end I betconfused But if you want to check out some FRESH stuff from a local dude. Check my friends site. Gaartoffashioninc.com Hott stuff.
August 7, 2006 @ 10:35 PM
Mr.BrightSide

To be honest with you I have never seen anyone out in the mall or street with a stussy,hundreds,threadless,crooks or any of those copanies.I wear anything they dont sell in a store (t-shirt wise) in the city because EVERYONE looks the same. The girls fashion sense is soooo lame out here oh lord. They look like freaking walking picknick-tables lol. They call it vintage and i call it lame.Oh you can bet your a$s as soon as that major store opens you will see the sb/underground trend will start. All the dudes gonna start looking like the few of us that have been wearing dunks and underground clothing companies for years. I love going to pentagon city and people be like "were you get that shirt?" or "what kinda sneakers are those." But that will soon come to an end I betconfused But if you want to check out some FRESH stuff from a local dude. Check my friends site. Gaartoffashioninc.com Hott stuff.

And you know this,like now since wale hit ive seen he lil D.C kid changing there myspace names to SB dunks or what ever,i mean there gonna ride dicks very hard come the fall,do they even know what sb means????,i think not,these kids are so fucking wack out here,that it makes me mad,fuck um,and the chicks are so fucking wack as well,thats why when ever put clothing in fashion show i always keep in touch with the model chick(just left a crib with 4 models who cooked me and my homies dinner haha)but the people out here know who started it,it's not what you got it's how you wear it,and i know this fall,ima rock my gear like no other..............*****s out here are losers man but im guessing they will stick with there ed hardy for a min though for the simple fact that ed~hardy just dropped there fall line and the lil dgk's are going to buy that up....................but then again alot of good street wear brands are plain,and they dont rock plain gear,like i already know that MAJOR has an undftd account,and there kinda plain for them kids out here.....

They call it vintage and i call it lame~thanks man thats gonna be my new myspace name.................
August 10, 2006 @ 01:04 AM
etcetera

And you know this,like now since wale hit ive seen he lil D.C kid changing there myspace names to SB dunks or what ever,i mean there gonna ride dicks very hard come the fall,do they even know what sb means????,i think not,these kids are so fucking wack out here,that it makes me mad,fuck um,and the chicks are so fucking wack as well,thats why when ever put clothing in fashion show i always keep in touch with the model chick(just left a crib with 4 models who cooked me and my homies dinner haha)but the people out here know who started it,it's not what you got it's how you wear it,and i know this fall,ima rock my gear like no other..............*****s out here are losers man but im guessing they will stick with there ed hardy for a min though for the simple fact that ed~hardy just dropped there fall line and the lil dgk's are going to buy that up....................but then again alot of good street wear brands are plain,and they dont rock plain gear,like i already know that MAJOR has an undftd account,and there kinda plain for them kids out here.....

They call it vintage and i call it lame~thanks man thats gonna be my new myspace name.................

^^^that last line abt myspace killed me lol

well i gues we can conclude that DC/MD has the worst fashion sense of all areas in america: none!!!
August 10, 2006 @ 01:29 AM
Mr.BrightSide

DC/MD youth (smh):

girls

[URL="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=52864247&MyToken=3c53bbeb-3f83-4afb-a453-455865a1c939"]
August 10, 2006 @ 10:53 AM
Claystar

DC/MD youth (smh):

girls

‘fake street’ guys

for those not in the area, this is Wale…he’s actually pretty fresh, I just worry about him blowin streetwear’s spot in the worst place to do so…and his friends…

*EDITED* had sum wrong links

I must admit that when I saw the pics on this myspace page that I started laughing like crazy...You have to give them credit for trying, right? lol

Unfortunately, there are alot of females in the D.C./MD/VA area that haven't elevated their game;however, this depends on what type of ladies you're hanging around... Case in point, I love the attitude of my SE chicks but I know that I'm not going to get the same style or "look" when I'm with a girl from Uptown, VA, or parts of MD (i.e. Silver Spring). Truthfully, even that depends on if they have some type of fashion sense as well.

I can't go totally against the girls in D.C. because I do know a handful of young ladies that can really stop traffic with their gear and shoe game (By this I mean that they don't shop in PG Plaza, Forever 21, Up Against The Wall, DTLR, or Urban Outfitters).

Whatever the case, keep doing your thing my fellow Hypebeasters...

P.S.
Saw a dude with the fakest Baby Milo Tee on my way to work today...It was too funny. It's so easy to tell the fakes that it doesn't even matter to me anymore.
August 10, 2006 @ 03:48 PM
Mr.BrightSide

I must admit that when I saw the pics on this myspace page that I started laughing like crazy...You have to give them credit for trying, right? lol

Unfortunately, there are alot of females in the D.C./MD/VA area that haven't elevated their game;however, this depends on what type of ladies you're hanging around... Case in point, I love the attitude of my SE chicks but I know that I'm not going to get the same style or "look" when I'm with a girl from Uptown, VA, or parts of MD (i.e. Silver Spring). Truthfully, even that depends on if they have some type of fashion sense as well.

I can't go totally against the girls in D.C. because I do know a handful of young ladies that can really stop traffic with their gear and shoe game (By this I mean that they don't shop in PG Plaza, Forever 21, Up Against The Wall, DTLR, or Urban Outfitters).

Whatever the case, keep doing your thing my fellow Hypebeasters...

P.S.
Saw a dude with the fakest Baby Milo Tee on my way to work today...It was too funny. It's so easy to tell the fakes that it doesn't even matter to me anymore.

What you said is very true,to me girls in Silver spring have the most style and on top of that there the best looking,i know some girls in bowie and largo who have style and are sexy,like my freinds these 2 twins who i always chill with there very stylish and cute,but they dont brag about it,other chciks i chill with the SE or uptown chciks seem to have mouth and seem to always wanna say "im fresh boo boo" and im like yo you look like every chick on this block,there the chciks i hit once and uh dont call,but look those dudes in that pick are so homo,they think there skaters and shit but there not...............
August 10, 2006 @ 06:12 PM
KC Demion

The girls fashion sense is soooo lame out here oh lord..

I dont give a damn what a girl wears as long as she fine and/or got a BIG FAT ASS BOOOOOOTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smile
August 10, 2006 @ 06:14 PM
KC Demion

What you said is very true,to me girls in Silver spring have the most style and on top of that there the best looking,i know some girls in bowie and largo who have style and are sexy,like my freinds these 2 twins who i always chill with there very stylish and cute,but they dont brag about it,other chciks i chill with the SE or uptown chciks seem to have mouth and seem to always wanna say "im fresh boo boo" and im like yo you look like every chick on this block,there the chciks i hit once and uh dont call,but look those dudes in that pick are so homo,they think there skaters and shit but there not...............

I wish girls would be either butt ass naked or as close as possiblesmile
August 10, 2006 @ 06:15 PM
H LO

philly is rocking-

men's capris
lrg
lacoste and ralph lauren tall ass baggy polos
jordans
air force ones
more bape by the day
vintage type tee shirts with phrases on them
August 10, 2006 @ 06:20 PM
KC Demion

philly is rocking-

men's capris

So So Homo
August 10, 2006 @ 06:59 PM
means

Vegas youth= confused(yes homo).

The kids out here have no sense of self. We're all from somewhere else so you have kids bringing their city's trends into an already crowded populace and then dropping it to start biting some other cat's style in and attempt at fitting in. This kind of thing creates one giant malestrom of people just mindlessly blind to the fact that everyone else is doing the same thing. NOBODY here is the freshest because everyone is just as insane as the next kid. This isn't really anything different I guess but cats never get over it. They just keep switching shit up even after they get out of college. It's mad funny to see a grown man lost like that. They're all just running around trying to be like someone else. It's kind of funny to watch. Oh and we have a shit ton of 13 year old highschoolers who think they're OG's in the kicks game who swear up and down that Nigo is the second mesiah and a mess of homothugs.

Please login first to reply.