FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
January 3, 2011 @ 12:50 AM
jaded

Who is still playing this?

I play fairly regularly. I'm 1st place in my silver league, but they haven't promoted me to gold yet. I beat 5 gold league players in a row tonight and still didn't get promoted, so I don't know what else I have to do.

I'm open to playing, if anyone wants to. I can't remember my ID number, so post yours if you want to play some time and I'll add you and message you.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

January 3, 2011 @ 02:34 PM
aka_gunsmoke

I still play reg. Try to get at least one game in a day. I'm rank plat in every league. Gotta post my info....
January 4, 2011 @ 12:51 PM
DUNCAN99

Add me: Duncan (921)

I play way too much lately. Just got all available singleplayer achievements and am hitting league games now (europe).
January 4, 2011 @ 08:23 PM
aka_gunsmoke

Add me: Duncan (921)

I play way too much lately. Just got all available singleplayer achievements and am hitting league games now (europe).

You play on the Euro server or NA? I'm illmatic 845
January 4, 2011 @ 08:44 PM
jaketoews

fuck, i really tried to get into this game but i'm horrible.

i wasn't bad at campaign but even against AI i do horrible in an online mode.
fuck.
January 4, 2011 @ 09:08 PM
jaded

fuck.

If you really want to get good at ladder, you have to play quite a bit, watch pro replays, learn build orders, etc. I went on a massive losing streak yesterday (lost like 11 of the 15 or so games I played), but the day before I was on a massive winning streak. Everyone I'm playing is in the gold league, but I'm still in 1st place in my silver league. Hopefully I get promoted soon.

January 4, 2011 @ 11:18 PM
aka_gunsmoke

fuck.

Yeah, you HAVE to learn at least one build order to be half-way decent. I recommend watching replay commentors they talk about what builds do what and what the player is doing at the time. Gives you a few ideas of what to do in a vs match.
January 5, 2011 @ 01:15 AM
jaketoews

If you really want to get good at ladder, you have to play quite a bit, watch pro replays, learn build orders, etc. I went on a massive losing streak yesterday (lost like 11 of the 15 or so games I played), but the day before I was on a massive winning streak. Everyone I'm playing is in the gold league, but I'm still in 1st place in my silver league. Hopefully I get promoted soon.

Yeah, you HAVE to learn at least one build order to be half-way decent. I recommend watching replay commentors they talk about what builds do what and what the player is doing at the time. Gives you a few ideas of what to do in a vs match.

thanks guys. i'll do a youtube search then.
although, one really helpful thing is the end of match info (build order, resource statistics, etc.) i did check that out a lot.

thanks a lot though.
January 5, 2011 @ 12:21 PM
DUNCAN99

You play on the Euro server or NA? I'm illmatic 845

EU server

@Jaded

Just keep winning games and you'll get promoted. I got promoted after winning 7 games straight in silver league while i was number 40 on the ranking, played 13 games total then.

This might be the only game that gets my blood pumping every start of a match lol (league games)
January 6, 2011 @ 03:46 PM
shakintheD

tryna get back to this game add me
solidbased
January 11, 2011 @ 03:20 PM
skivic35

tried buying a EU account today from MMOGA.com but they are being a pain in the ass. They want me to send them a copy of my drivers license, fill out a form, and take a picture of me holding my ID. What kinda bullshit is that, I used a verified PayPal account.
January 15, 2011 @ 02:38 AM
jaded

EU server

@Jaded

Just keep winning games and you'll get promoted. I got promoted after winning 7 games straight in silver league while i was number 40 on the ranking, played 13 games total then.

This might be the only game that gets my blood pumping every start of a match lol (league games)

I got promoted to gold the other night and had enough points to take over 1st place. They are matching me against platinum guys every now and then. I did pretty well tonight, but lost most of my terran match-ups. I'm still having trouble as a protoss player facing terran. Barracks units just wipe out gateway units and it's hard to tech up in time to beat the usual MMM from Terran.

I still think Marauders need to be nerfed. Either take away stim from Marauders or take away concussive shells. When they have both it's imbalanced in my opinion.

January 17, 2011 @ 12:49 PM
skivic35

I got promoted to gold the other night and had enough points to take over 1st place. They are matching me against platinum guys every now and then. I did pretty well tonight, but lost most of my terran match-ups. I'm still having trouble as a protoss player facing terran. Barracks units just wipe out gateway units and it's hard to tech up in time to beat the usual MMM from Terran.

I still think Marauders need to be nerfed. Either take away stim from Marauders or take away concussive shells. When they have both it's imbalanced in my opinion.

Marauders are NOWHERE near the most imbalanced unit in SC2, that would belong to Banelings. Tanks friendly fire on its units, high templars storm friendly fires unit, but Zerg's banelings dont....
January 17, 2011 @ 08:58 PM
jaded

Marauders are NOWHERE near the most imbalanced unit in SC2, that would belong to Banelings. Tanks friendly fire on its units, high templars storm friendly fires unit, but Zerg's banelings dont....

I didn't say they were the most imbalanced unit, I said that in my opinion they become imbalanced when they have both stim and concussive shells. I think stim should be marines only.

And I agree, banelings are a bit ridiculous.

January 17, 2011 @ 09:07 PM
ahhhrt

Solike. Burrow. 'Splode them fuckers when your MMM gets there. How u feelin bro?
January 18, 2011 @ 03:44 AM
calintz

For years, Starcraft fans all over the world have been after Blizzard to use their well-developed skill-set in the MMORPG genre to craft a title set in the world of Starcraft. Well, some fans got tired of waiting and got busy making.
Using the very powerful Starcraft 2 map editor, these fans created a pre-alpha version of what they call World of Starcraft. The trailer past the break shows that it is not only possible to make a MMO for the Starcraft franchise, it
January 30, 2011 @ 03:04 AM
jaded

Anyone on here want to be my 2v2 partner? I don't get to play much cause of school and work, but we can do our placement matches and then whenever we're both on we'll play some. I was playing with a kid tonight, but he was low level terran so we went 3-2 and got put in silver. I'm ranked 1 in my gold division and I play protoss. Looking for a partner that knows how to play their race, so gold or better would be nice.

Me and the kid I was playing with tonight went up against a guy that was master's league 1v1, and diamond in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. First masters league guy I've seen.

January 31, 2011 @ 10:37 AM
tonylaaa

I just played SC2 the other day. I have to say it's nowhere near as hard as SC1. It's a lot more flashy though. Thumbs up for the graphics but not really a big fan.
February 8, 2011 @ 07:37 AM
xyodax

best game, period.
February 12, 2011 @ 10:21 AM
Dopeski

I didn't say they were the most imbalanced unit, I said that in my opinion they become imbalanced when they have both stim and concussive shells. I think stim should be marines only.

And I agree, banelings are a bit ridiculous.

Marauders need to upgrade concussive shells was the respond Blizzard made in beta to slow down the "imbalance" people were crying about since when you made marauders they just came with it. Secondly it also depends on your match up. If youre not familiar theres some metagame shifts away from marauder depending on match up. This is all purely 1v1 statistics and if you play team games then there should be no talk about balance or overpowered units since its all a retardfest anyway.

In fact, people are asking for marine nerfs as they provide the highest dps for little cost. Blizzard as discussed a terran nerf, but has held from releasing info as theyre currently watching professional tournaments to see if such a thing is needed.
February 12, 2011 @ 11:26 AM
skivic35

marines arent what need to be nerfed, its banelings
February 12, 2011 @ 12:22 PM
Dopeski

There is no proper way to "nerf" banelings or anything at this point without a huge domino effect. Banelings are easily dealt with at the higher level, as its all positioning and being patient.

ZvZ - banelings are used in the first stage after speedlings.
ZvP - barely used at all, baneling bust on FE? Other than that I never see it used.
ZvT - Siege tank positioning and making sure they fire on them any not lings, marauders in front before marines.

Watch GSL, watch MarineKingPrime.WE.

Banelings are no problem. Also anyone under master league needs to elevate their play and knowledge before they say any one unit is shifting tides of metagame.
February 14, 2011 @ 06:56 PM
Tempo

banelings are not op. like dopeski said, it's all about siege positioning and marine splitting.

banelings are viable in zvp, you load banelings into overlords and carpet bomb the protoss ball. can take out half their army if you land them right in the center.

i hate how everyone always talks about how x is imbalanced when they have no real grasp of the game. everything at my level is fine for the most part. some units could use some tweaks here and there, but nowhere near imbalanced.

~2.8k masters
February 17, 2011 @ 11:50 AM
snoozeallday

Ive had this game since beta. Just cant find time to play it though.
February 20, 2011 @ 11:38 AM
CHAO

I'm so addicted those day's with sc2, can't stop playing.
I find it very hard to win against T who makes M&M (I play Z) never know what to do

designer at http://sans-coeur.com/ - http://sanscoeurmtl.tumblr.com

February 21, 2011 @ 06:41 PM
Dopeski

I'm so addicted those day's with sc2, can't stop playing.
I find it very hard to win against T who makes M&M (I play Z) never know what to do

ZvT is an interesting match up and it can go both ways depending on skill of both players. I play terran myself. You'll find yourself in several situations. You can take different stance on the match up and say there are map imbalances and positions that favor one race over the other, but generally there are key aspects to ZvT that you should probably practice and be patient about.

The ZvT standard match up is currently:

Zerg (zergling, baneling, mutalisk) early-mid game. Mid to late you would obviously have your power units; infestor, ultralisk and broodlords.

Terran (marines, tanks, medivac) early-late game. Tech switch into viking or thors depending on what zergs do.

Several tactics regarding match up:

Early game ZvT

If a terran does two rax pressure on you *(marine + bunker rush with scv) you will have a hard time holding this off no matter what. Its a ridiculously powerful build and it doesnt put the terran behind if it fails as he can still expand behind it while you saturate your own natural and he can also call down mules + salvage bunkers. If an overlord gets sniped during this attack its almost guaranteed that you lost as you cannot afford to be making overlords during this pressure.

If you're experiences are trouble with hellion drops, you're not positioning overlords correctly around the map or actively scouting his ramp with your zerglings and controlling Xel'naga watch towers. 50 minerals, two lings can give you a lot of information.

If you're experiencing banshee aggression, this means you didnt have an overlord placed to see it coming or if you couldnt get enough info with your zergling/early drone scout (double gas is dead giveaway) you can always suicide a nearby overlord to make sure. Obviously this timing almost always coincides with Lair tech, in which case you have time to morph in an overseer before too much damage has been done.

There isn't much else terran can really do to you nowadays. Maybe some thors drops, maybe some weird rush to battlecruisers? Who knows, but all those I mentioned above is currently the meta-game versus zerg.

What to remember:

Obviously rule of thumb, try to be one up bases on terran, if you see him taking a gold like on XelNaga Caverns, that means hes going to set that up as a point of contention. Generally when a terran gets a gold you as zerg are in trouble and a planetary makes it much harder to engage with his entire army now situated there.

What you should do?:

One of the greatest down falls of terran is having to unsiege. Like the colossus (protoss) theyre slow and need to be constantly near an army that can fire at air(marines).

Your best bet is to catch them out of position with tanks before they get in siege mode and kill them. Other than that, marines and siege tanks are extremely cost effective for terran.

I am not sure what I am missing but if youre interested in more you can watch live streams @
Teamliquid.net or you can pay for some korean tournaments VOD (video on demands) @ gomtv.net which include english commentary.

Some people pay for coaching, I am not sure if its that serious.

Again, this all is for people who can micro, macro and have a real handle on the game. If you enjoy it at a lower level you should work on getting all the basics down and practice a strategy you can pull off time and time again.

Anyways,
enjoy
February 22, 2011 @ 07:48 AM
DUNCAN99

i just got the hybrid reaver portrait. yeah mothafuckaaa

european players holla @ me
February 24, 2011 @ 06:10 AM
March 7, 2011 @ 02:48 AM
dunkzz41

Is anyone following the GSL?
March 9, 2011 @ 05:47 AM
DUNCAN99