Starcraft 2 Official Discussion Thread

October 04, 2010 @ 12:46:46
whatever, i dont know why i said sc:bw name into this
October 05, 2010 @ 00:29:27
lol i suck at this game.

win a free razer gaming mouse: http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=70274d929ebf3544a791ec94eb962421
October 07, 2010 @ 23:47:50
best strat as Terran vs Toss is to go Goliath.... I usually start with the normal 1-1-1 build except instead of making the tank, i build the armory and pump out a helion. also build a second rax. once the armory is done, i then build the starport and since u have the gas, i build my first goliath. then i drop the goliath in the mineral field of the toss, kill as many before any attacking units come, then go to their exp and do the same. its not a hard strat to do.

wtf? that's not in multiplayer lol.
October 08, 2010 @ 15:32:54
solidbased

i need to get back in this game
gsl just finised $89500 D:
October 12, 2010 @ 17:56:46
wat league and rank r u ^^?
December 17, 2010 @ 12:25:23
i played last night for the first time. i went 3-1, only reason i lost the one was because a zerg player did a weird strat. took two drones and took both my gas. i didnt respond correctly, shoulda went mass marines at that point and didnt.

add me crazyskillz35@aol.com
January 03, 2011 @ 00:50:01
jaded
Who is still playing this?

I play fairly regularly. I'm 1st place in my silver league, but they haven't promoted me to gold yet. I beat 5 gold league players in a row tonight and still didn't get promoted, so I don't know what else I have to do.

I'm open to playing, if anyone wants to. I can't remember my ID number, so post yours if you want to play some time and I'll add you and message you.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

January 03, 2011 @ 14:34:12
I still play reg. Try to get at least one game in a day. I'm rank plat in every league. Gotta post my info....
January 04, 2011 @ 12:51:52
Add me: Duncan (921)

I play way too much lately. Just got all available singleplayer achievements and am hitting league games now (europe).
January 04, 2011 @ 20:23:50
Add me: Duncan (921)

I play way too much lately. Just got all available singleplayer achievements and am hitting league games now (europe).

You play on the Euro server or NA? I'm illmatic 845
January 04, 2011 @ 20:44:04
fuck, i really tried to get into this game but i'm horrible.

i wasn't bad at campaign but even against AI i do horrible in an online mode.
fuck.
January 04, 2011 @ 21:08:01
jaded

fuck.

If you really want to get good at ladder, you have to play quite a bit, watch pro replays, learn build orders, etc. I went on a massive losing streak yesterday (lost like 11 of the 15 or so games I played), but the day before I was on a massive winning streak. Everyone I'm playing is in the gold league, but I'm still in 1st place in my silver league. Hopefully I get promoted soon.

January 04, 2011 @ 23:18:50

fuck.

Yeah, you HAVE to learn at least one build order to be half-way decent. I recommend watching replay commentors they talk about what builds do what and what the player is doing at the time. Gives you a few ideas of what to do in a vs match.
January 05, 2011 @ 01:15:15
If you really want to get good at ladder, you have to play quite a bit, watch pro replays, learn build orders, etc. I went on a massive losing streak yesterday (lost like 11 of the 15 or so games I played), but the day before I was on a massive winning streak. Everyone I'm playing is in the gold league, but I'm still in 1st place in my silver league. Hopefully I get promoted soon.

Originally posted by Inactive User
Yeah, you HAVE to learn at least one build order to be half-way decent. I recommend watching replay commentors they talk about what builds do what and what the player is doing at the time. Gives you a few ideas of what to do in a vs match.

thanks guys. i'll do a youtube search then.
although, one really helpful thing is the end of match info (build order, resource statistics, etc.) i did check that out a lot.

thanks a lot though.
January 05, 2011 @ 12:21:30
You play on the Euro server or NA? I'm illmatic 845

EU server

@Jaded

Just keep winning games and you'll get promoted. I got promoted after winning 7 games straight in silver league while i was number 40 on the ranking, played 13 games total then.

This might be the only game that gets my blood pumping every start of a match lol (league games)
January 06, 2011 @ 15:46:09
tryna get back to this game add me
solidbased
January 11, 2011 @ 15:20:51
tried buying a EU account today from MMOGA.com but they are being a pain in the ass. They want me to send them a copy of my drivers license, fill out a form, and take a picture of me holding my ID. What kinda bullshit is that, I used a verified PayPal account.
January 15, 2011 @ 02:38:49
jaded
EU server

@Jaded

Just keep winning games and you'll get promoted. I got promoted after winning 7 games straight in silver league while i was number 40 on the ranking, played 13 games total then.

This might be the only game that gets my blood pumping every start of a match lol (league games)

I got promoted to gold the other night and had enough points to take over 1st place. They are matching me against platinum guys every now and then. I did pretty well tonight, but lost most of my terran match-ups. I'm still having trouble as a protoss player facing terran. Barracks units just wipe out gateway units and it's hard to tech up in time to beat the usual MMM from Terran.

I still think Marauders need to be nerfed. Either take away stim from Marauders or take away concussive shells. When they have both it's imbalanced in my opinion.

January 17, 2011 @ 12:49:47
I got promoted to gold the other night and had enough points to take over 1st place. They are matching me against platinum guys every now and then. I did pretty well tonight, but lost most of my terran match-ups. I'm still having trouble as a protoss player facing terran. Barracks units just wipe out gateway units and it's hard to tech up in time to beat the usual MMM from Terran.

I still think Marauders need to be nerfed. Either take away stim from Marauders or take away concussive shells. When they have both it's imbalanced in my opinion.

Marauders are NOWHERE near the most imbalanced unit in SC2, that would belong to Banelings. Tanks friendly fire on its units, high templars storm friendly fires unit, but Zerg's banelings dont....
January 17, 2011 @ 20:58:25
jaded
Marauders are NOWHERE near the most imbalanced unit in SC2, that would belong to Banelings. Tanks friendly fire on its units, high templars storm friendly fires unit, but Zerg's banelings dont....

I didn't say they were the most imbalanced unit, I said that in my opinion they become imbalanced when they have both stim and concussive shells. I think stim should be marines only.

And I agree, banelings are a bit ridiculous.

January 17, 2011 @ 21:07:34
Solike. Burrow. 'Splode them fuckers when your MMM gets there. How u feelin bro?
January 18, 2011 @ 03:44:38
For years, Starcraft fans all over the world have been after Blizzard to use their well-developed skill-set in the MMORPG genre to craft a title set in the world of Starcraft. Well, some fans got tired of waiting and got busy making.
Using the very powerful Starcraft 2 map editor, these fans created a pre-alpha version of what they call World of Starcraft. The trailer past the break shows that it is not only possible to make a MMO for the Starcraft franchise, it
January 30, 2011 @ 03:04:49
jaded
Anyone on here want to be my 2v2 partner? I don't get to play much cause of school and work, but we can do our placement matches and then whenever we're both on we'll play some. I was playing with a kid tonight, but he was low level terran so we went 3-2 and got put in silver. I'm ranked 1 in my gold division and I play protoss. Looking for a partner that knows how to play their race, so gold or better would be nice.

Me and the kid I was playing with tonight went up against a guy that was master's league 1v1, and diamond in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. First masters league guy I've seen.

January 31, 2011 @ 10:37:17
I just played SC2 the other day. I have to say it's nowhere near as hard as SC1. It's a lot more flashy though. Thumbs up for the graphics but not really a big fan.
February 08, 2011 @ 07:37:56
best game, period.
February 12, 2011 @ 10:21:14
I didn't say they were the most imbalanced unit, I said that in my opinion they become imbalanced when they have both stim and concussive shells. I think stim should be marines only.

And I agree, banelings are a bit ridiculous.

Marauders need to upgrade concussive shells was the respond Blizzard made in beta to slow down the "imbalance" people were crying about since when you made marauders they just came with it. Secondly it also depends on your match up. If youre not familiar theres some metagame shifts away from marauder depending on match up. This is all purely 1v1 statistics and if you play team games then there should be no talk about balance or overpowered units since its all a retardfest anyway.

In fact, people are asking for marine nerfs as they provide the highest dps for little cost. Blizzard as discussed a terran nerf, but has held from releasing info as theyre currently watching professional tournaments to see if such a thing is needed.
February 12, 2011 @ 11:26:54
marines arent what need to be nerfed, its banelings
February 12, 2011 @ 12:22:49
There is no proper way to "nerf" banelings or anything at this point without a huge domino effect. Banelings are easily dealt with at the higher level, as its all positioning and being patient.

ZvZ - banelings are used in the first stage after speedlings.
ZvP - barely used at all, baneling bust on FE? Other than that I never see it used.
ZvT - Siege tank positioning and making sure they fire on them any not lings, marauders in front before marines.

Watch GSL, watch MarineKingPrime.WE.

Banelings are no problem. Also anyone under master league needs to elevate their play and knowledge before they say any one unit is shifting tides of metagame.
February 14, 2011 @ 18:56:40
banelings are not op. like dopeski said, it's all about siege positioning and marine splitting.

banelings are viable in zvp, you load banelings into overlords and carpet bomb the protoss ball. can take out half their army if you land them right in the center.

i hate how everyone always talks about how x is imbalanced when they have no real grasp of the game. everything at my level is fine for the most part. some units could use some tweaks here and there, but nowhere near imbalanced.

~2.8k masters
February 17, 2011 @ 11:50:00
Ive had this game since beta. Just cant find time to play it though.
Please login first to reply.
x