January 12, 2009 @ 10:39 PM
Homeless

senheisser 555's or lyk sum panasonic jawns o sumfin
January 12, 2009 @ 10:39 PM
zyezye

BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment

BOSE is overrated. Good equipment and all, but not worth the price. Like somone mentioned earlier, the Sennheiser cx300's are probably the best in-ear headphones you can get for under $100. They are my current earphones, but I plan on trying another pair as they just broke sad I didn't see anyone mention Ultimate Ears, but I've heard good things about their Super Fi line. I've only tried the Super Fi 3 studio, and they deliver amazing sound.

Basic Overprice Simple/Shitty Electronics and i did mention UEs in my post just to point it out

are there any other audiophiles on HB besides me and Mag? so far we're the only ones we know about.
January 12, 2009 @ 10:41 PM
Homeless

bose = hype
January 12, 2009 @ 10:48 PM
jubangles

BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment

BOSE is overrated. Good equipment and all, but not worth the price. Like somone mentioned earlier, the Sennheiser cx300's are probably the best in-ear headphones you can get for under $100. They are my current earphones, but I plan on trying another pair as they just broke sad I didn't see anyone mention Ultimate Ears, but I've heard good things about their Super Fi line. I've only tried the Super Fi 3 studio, and they deliver amazing sound.

i've been using the cx3000 since the summer and i can say that they're pretty damn good.
January 12, 2009 @ 10:49 PM
easy-e

Basic Overprice Simple/Shitty Electronics and i did mention UEs in my post just to point it out

are there any other audiophiles on HB besides me and Mag? so far we're the only ones we know about.

My bad, I guess I missed your post where you mentioned the Super Fi 5's. That's what happens when you try to read a page of posts in 5 seconds...

Who's Mag? I wouldn't call myself an audiophile yet, but I've been looking in the earphones game for the past year or so. I'm especially looking into new earphones now that I need to replace my cx300's. I'm looking into buying the Super Fi 4's...anyone with experience? zyezye, I'm looking at you razz
January 12, 2009 @ 10:59 PM
dreamkast

haha word.But are sennheisers good though?I share a dorm so headphones are pretty much a requirement.Do they have heavy base?

yer dont listen to people telling you to get bose or skullcandy. I got my senns through my old audio engineering course where the tutors recommended them. They do studio quality/great dj headphones which are gona be more than enough for norm listening.
January 12, 2009 @ 11:17 PM
straight

head-fi.org
check up on there first.
good cheap head phones = sony mdr-7506, grado sr-60, sennheiser.
January 12, 2009 @ 11:22 PM
swagasfuck

any good noise cancelling headphones with a spring/coil wires? i dunno how to explain it but, i hate that if i dont wear my headphones under my t-shirt or something, the wires get too long.

January 12, 2009 @ 11:30 PM
SBJmarT

I've been using these since day one, and have bought 3 pairs so far (tey broke due to neglect.)

These are the best headphones ever made.

these and several other models are on sale at circuit city rite now for like 40 bucks
January 12, 2009 @ 11:33 PM
Dopeski

are those monster beats by dre worth it..?...im thinking about getting the $150 earphone verson.

Not sure about the in-ears, but the larger headpones are not worth it for the price tag. You can easily get a better pair for less, but if you're ballin and can get em go ahead.

The Beats by Dr Dre are pretty much cosigned by Dre and look pretty cool, other then that they're pretty much junk. I would also go to store that'll let you try them on, obviously ones taste in music and sound quality vary.
January 13, 2009 @ 12:39 AM
hypoh

I have a set of Pioneer HDJ-1000 which are pretty good imo.
January 13, 2009 @ 01:46 AM
randysav

I've been using these since day one, and have bought 3 pairs so far (tey broke due to neglect.)

These are the best headphones ever made.

these are legendary
January 13, 2009 @ 03:50 AM
Krooks

which should i get?

those sonys^^

or the sennheiser hd202? ---> http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=005176
January 13, 2009 @ 03:52 AM
zyezye

My bad, I guess I missed your post where you mentioned the Super Fi 5's. That's what happens when you try to read a page of posts in 5 seconds...

Who's Mag? I wouldn't call myself an audiophile yet, but I've been looking in the earphones game for the past year or so. I'm especially looking into new earphones now that I need to replace my cx300's. I'm looking into buying the Super Fi 4's...anyone with experience? zyezye, I'm looking at you razz

it depends on your preference of music, and how you prefer your sound. I cant tell you which sounds better, because i dont know how your ears are built. also it depends on what you like more, cans or plug ins and unless your cx300s are starting to disconnect. keep em, wait till they reach their break in point then they would sound better. also if you are looking into higher end headphones, i suggest getting better sources and formats for your music, because your headphones are only as good as the source you have. after that you can invest in amps, preamps tube amps, soundcards, moniters, speakers, cans, programs, equalizers, the works. shits costs alot of money lol. but many people prefer just a simple preamp and headphone set up.

as for the super Fi 4s i never had experiance with them, but i've tried on the 5s and they were impressive none the less. but i wouldnt use them to go to the gym or anything like that.

I suggest checking out: stereophile, headfi, and headroom for reviews and comparisons for the type of sound you're looking for. but if you just need something to play music and then get any thing from the UE series besides their metro line. the metro line is watered down crap compared to the rest of the UE line.
January 13, 2009 @ 03:59 AM
zyezye

which should i get?

those sonys^^

or the sennheiser hd202? ---> http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=005176

Get a pair of grado sr60s. i think turntablelab.com had them for 40$ i think.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. they league up with higherend Senns.
January 13, 2009 @ 01:11 PM
easy-e

it depends on your preference of music, and how you prefer your sound. I cant tell you which sounds better, because i dont know how your ears are built. also it depends on what you like more, cans or plug ins and unless your cx300s are starting to disconnect. keep em, wait till they reach their break in point then they would sound better. also if you are looking into higher end headphones, i suggest getting better sources and formats for your music, because your headphones are only as good as the source you have. after that you can invest in amps, preamps tube amps, soundcards, moniters, speakers, cans, programs, equalizers, the works. shits costs alot of money lol. but many people prefer just a simple preamp and headphone set up.

as for the super Fi 4s i never had experiance with them, but i've tried on the 5s and they were impressive none the less. but i wouldnt use them to go to the gym or anything like that.

I suggest checking out: stereophile, headfi, and headroom for reviews and comparisons for the type of sound you're looking for. but if you just need something to play music and then get any thing from the UE series besides their metro line. the metro line is watered down crap compared to the rest of the UE line.

My cx300's lost one of its buds. I think I got it caught in something and yanked hard on the cord. The point is, one of the buds are completely disconnected from the rest of the set. It's a shame I lost my receipt for 'em since Sennheiser has a 2 year warranty on their products <-- THIS MIGHT BE HELPFUL FOR THE REST OF YOU

At the moment, I'm just working on my headphone game since I listen to music on the go more than I do at home. I've been looking into plug-in type earphones kinda like the cx300's since they fit well in my ears compared to the standard earphones. I want to try Shures as well before I make up my mind on what to buy...
January 13, 2009 @ 02:17 PM
zyezye

i heard the CX500s(or 700sconfused were a major improvement. you should check those out.

but it really depends how much your willing to spend on in ear moniters
January 13, 2009 @ 09:39 PM
Bob Sacamano

Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, or Grado.
April 29, 2009 @ 05:24 PM
pnsho

Bump.

I'm looking for cheap over-the-ear headphones ($20-40). I'm on a tight budget right now, and my iPod earphones just died out on me (the cord ripped apart).

Anybody recommend these? ==> www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V150-Monitor-Headphones-Reversible/dp/B000092YPR

Thanks.
April 30, 2009 @ 03:34 PM
pnsho

Bump.

I'm looking for cheap over-the-ear headphones ($20-40). I'm on a tight budget right now, and my iPod earphones just died out on me (the cord ripped apart).

Anybody recommend these? ==> www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V150-Monitor-Headphones-Reversible/dp/B000092YPR

Thanks.
May 1, 2009 @ 04:33 AM
singh

these and several other models are on sale at circuit city rite now for like 40 bucks

love the v700s but cant live with the cord
May 1, 2009 @ 09:48 AM
WGMeets

I just got some cheap ass temporary 20 bones in ear ones at best buy yest. Called Rocketfish, they aren't too bad but I believe they are some 3rd party best buy brand (Yeah I know, wack) but so far they sound great surprisingly. I been thru mad headphones (like 4-5 in two years) cause I hear music loud as fuck. But I been using Sennheiser, Sony, and Phillips all ranging form 40-80 bucks and have them crap out on me.
I wanted to get the Grado 40, but that open can shit will kill me on the bus ride. Damn me wanting to hear music loud.
May 3, 2009 @ 06:26 AM
uEih

Just bought some of these.. Heard they're great! I used to have some Sony MDR-V700DJs but after they broke and many people say they break all the time i decided to not buy another one. Also the sony ones were very tight on my ears and made it uncomfortable when worn too long.
May 7, 2009 @ 12:58 AM
AlphaTrion

Been using these for DJ'ing and at home for the past couple of years...

Ultrasone Pro-DJ 1

Best headphones I've ever owned and I've owned a lot.
May 8, 2009 @ 10:01 AM
alex.

delete
delete :/
May 12, 2009 @ 11:12 PM
KILLING

I had a pair of skullcandy low riders..
The fucking headband thing broke on me and I replaced it w/ my buddys old sony headband.
Good shit.
Skullcandy lowriders are pretty good imo.
8/10

wearekilling.com

May 12, 2009 @ 11:14 PM
nbdylovesyou

i'm not so sure about Monster's overpriced sound quality, but their new dr dre in-ear earphones come in black and red and look puuurty. overpriced as usual though at $150
May 13, 2009 @ 01:16 AM
nbdylovesyou

took a listen off my friend's beats. they are very bassy, pretty good mids and crystal trebles, but an entry level of koss would be cheaper and be just as good.

if you like thumping bass give them a whirl
May 13, 2009 @ 01:26 AM
zyezye

i'm not so sure about Monster's overpriced sound quality, but their new dr dre in-ear earphones come in black and red and look puuurty. overpriced as usual though at $150

150 is pretty average for good above average in ear monitors. my cx300s were around 100. ultimate ears in ear models sometimes reach 1000s. 150 is a pretty good price imo.
May 13, 2009 @ 04:01 AM
mrandeebear

seriously i think we should have a dedicated headphone thread in the electronics section.

Heres my advice, dont buy bose, skullcandies, nixons, or any "fashion" headphones.

There i just saved you alot of money.

+1

Please login first to reply.