November 1, 2009 @ 03:48 AM
grizzzly

links
November 21, 2009 @ 10:20 AM
C.Dante

so i just downloaded avast! and idk if i need to set anything up, so when i open the dl'ed file it says not enough user rights to continue. wtf?

EDIT: i just realized i have to be on administrator account
December 10, 2009 @ 07:32 PM
DennyWins

In theory, my homie has a netflix account. What do you guys recommend to rip/burn/etc dvd's? Pretty much get me a working copy of his DVDs? In theory of course, cuz pirating is illegal.
January 26, 2010 @ 12:21 AM
Theseventhletter

Serious question here, i have a problem with adware on my mini laptop that i use for misc. surfing etc. I've done sweeps with spy bot and it doesnt work. The adware opens internet explorer windows to some site like adserver5.com or CiD etc. I did some "googling" and didnt find much but a very long and labor intensive process that just overall seemed sketchy. If you guys have any alternatives it would be great this is getting really annoying and NOTHING ive tried thus far is working. thanks!
February 16, 2010 @ 03:31 AM
Frodizzi

need some help. my browser history wont delete and i heard this is probably because of spyware. this has happened to me before, but usually after a couple days it would go back to normal (the sites would delete).

it started about a week ago, at first there was only about 5 sites that wouldnt delete, but for some reason today a lot more got added to the list. if anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it let me know, this shit is driving me crazy.

also, my yahoo toolbar wont stay installed and my adobe flash player stopped working. the only reason i bring this up is because it started happening today right before the 10 new sites wouldnt delete. im not sure if they are related problems.

im running vista and im using i.e.

EDIT: ok, so i had my yahoo toolbar installed and my adobe flash player working when i first wrote this. then i closed the window and opened a new one and now that shit is gone. my toolbar is completely gone, and when i try to play a video ie says it need to install an add-on (adobe), so i click install and it does nothing. i went to the adobe site but when i click "install adobe flash player" it basically refreshes the page.

EDIT #2: i have no idea what tha fucking problem is. i apparently got tha yahoo toolbar and flash player to work. and i also got the newer set of history (about 10 sites) to delete. but tha 5 original sites still wont delete. any ideas?
February 16, 2010 @ 11:30 AM
shakintheD

In theory, my homie has a netflix account. What do you guys recommend to rip/burn/etc dvd's? Pretty much get me a working copy of his DVDs? In theory of course, cuz pirating is illegal.

February 16, 2010 @ 12:02 PM
tmwtg

im running vista and im using i.e.

This is the problem.

Why are you using IE? It's a shithole browser, seriously. Go download Firefox and stop using IE.

To get rid of your spyware problems (that are caused by IE), download Malwarebytes and Spybot. Do a full scan for each separately (don't do it together; this can crash your computer).

After you do this, download CCleaner. Use it and let it do its magic. This should clear all your browsing history.

Oh, and don't fucking use IE. Either go Firefox or don't come to this thread. Suggestions are on the first page.
February 16, 2010 @ 12:18 PM
GenuineGirl

so i just downloaded avast! and idk if i need to set anything up, so when i open the dl'ed file it says not enough user rights to continue. wtf?

EDIT: i just realized i have to be on administrator account

hahaha.... >sad>sad>sad

Avast is a good virus scanner. Since I've used it, my laptop has been fairly fast and efficient.
February 26, 2010 @ 11:07 AM
Ascoli

Cheers, a lot of this thread helpedd and will look at more later smile
March 2, 2010 @ 08:30 PM
wilsonjaythree

great thread.cool
March 8, 2010 @ 08:30 PM
JoeP07

word?
March 10, 2010 @ 06:55 PM
vitamin_water

awesome thread.
March 25, 2010 @ 12:21 PM
skorone

i really can't find anything in the past 10 pages about this so here goes. Can i please get a suggestion for a program i can DL for ripping , burning , dvd's but mostly i DL a lot of Anime/Movies. I want to be able to watch them on my TV . Any programs that let you burn AVI, DIVX , MP4's, just files of that sort to a dvd and play it on a DVD player ?

Or is there just a wire or somehing i can plug into my laptop then into my TV and pretty much use the TV as my monitor that way i don't have to convert the files and burn them all ? Thanks for any help in advance.
April 10, 2010 @ 02:31 PM
Imco0l

not sure if this has been posted yet

- *** To help make ur comp faster. *** -
www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?t=1289263&highlight=
April 15, 2010 @ 10:05 AM
SprNtrl

i really can't find anything in the past 10 pages about this so here goes. Can i please get a suggestion for a program i can DL for ripping , burning , dvd's but mostly i DL a lot of Anime/Movies. I want to be able to watch them on my TV . Any programs that let you burn AVI, DIVX , MP4's, just files of that sort to a dvd and play it on a DVD player ?

Or is there just a wire or something i can plug into my laptop then into my TV and pretty much use the TV as my monitor that way i don't have to convert the files and burn them all ? Thanks for any help in advance.
For burning: DVD Fab.

If you just want to hook your computer up to your television, it depends on what kind of tv you have. If you have an older CRT tv, then you're stuck with s-video cable. Most laptops, especially ones 2-3 yrs. old should have an s-video out port.

If you have a newer LCD/plasma tv (720 and/or 1080p), then you have a few more options. You can use HDMI and VGA. For good quality, yet reasonably priced cables head over to Monoprice.
April 19, 2010 @ 11:53 PM
R.

Yo, anyone know how to get rid of Trojan-bnk.win32.keylogger.gen, really need help!
April 20, 2010 @ 01:26 AM
R.

Fixed, thanks yo!
April 22, 2010 @ 11:16 PM
Shoutbox

i know on PCs you can go in the control panel and add/delete programs all on one master list, how do i do this on MACs?
April 22, 2010 @ 11:19 PM
Guapamole

Yo, anyone know how to get rid of Trojan-bnk.win32.keylogger.gen, really need help!

yea i had that shit too such a pain. but malbytes or whatever murdered it
April 30, 2010 @ 02:21 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

is it possible to fix a broken CD drive without replacing it?
May 7, 2010 @ 01:04 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Wont open. I use a paperclip to open it and it wont read my Cds
May 8, 2010 @ 06:26 AM
R.

Fuck, back again, using a different computer. Anyway I dont know the name of this virus but everytime I open up something, some antispyware pops up on my computer, that does some bullshit scan, the shit is called antispyware soft how the fuck do i get rid of it. Thank in advance!

edit: nvm I fixed it, thx though lol.
May 8, 2010 @ 11:02 AM
SprNtrl

i know on PCs you can go in the control panel and add/delete programs all on one master list, how do i do this on MACs?
Open the applications folder. Drag and drop the app that you want to uninstall into the dock trash bin. That's it.
May 8, 2010 @ 11:06 AM
SprNtrl

Wont open. I use a paperclip to open it and it wont read my Cds

The laser or motor is fucked. DVD drives are cheap enough to make fixing it not even worth it. If it's a 5.25" drive (common in all desktop computers) just hit up Newegg and buy the cheapest IDE or SATA dvd drive possible. If it's for a laptop, you can either hunt on Ebay for a replacement model, hit up the manufacturer's website, or find a slim drive on Newegg and do some research as to if it'll fit in your laptop.
May 8, 2010 @ 04:02 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

The laser or motor is fucked. DVD drives are cheap enough to make fixing it not even worth it. If it's a 5.25" drive (common in all desktop computers) just hit up Newegg and buy the cheapest IDE or SATA dvd drive possible. If it's for a laptop, you can either hunt on Ebay for a replacement model, hit up the manufacturer's website, or find a slim drive on Newegg and do some research as to if it'll fit in your laptop.

Thanks ill check into it. It's for my laptop.
May 25, 2010 @ 04:20 PM
SprNtrl

Yea laptop disc drives are pretty fragile. Since they area good bit smaller than their desktop brethren, they aren't cheap. I think they start at ~$50 and up. You can get ones that are tray-less like those found on Apple's laptops and the PS3 among other devices. Make sure you know which interface you have on your laptop for the disc drive. Anything within the last 3-4 years should be SATA. Double check by grabbing the model number of the drive and hitting up Google.
May 30, 2010 @ 06:19 PM
bobby

GREAT thread.

is most of the information still relevant? (from the first couple pages with all the advice/tips)

also, are there some computer forums someone can refer me to with similar information in this thread?
i'd like to become very PC savvy since i'm going to be purchasing a laptop soon and want to keep it in best shape as possible.

thanks.
May 30, 2010 @ 06:33 PM
tmwtg

^ Yeah, most information/recommendations from 1st page is still good.
June 14, 2010 @ 03:28 PM
shakintheD

what internet speed (mbps wise) do you guys reccomend,6+ or is 3+ enough. my internet only reaches up to 1.5 mbps
June 20, 2010 @ 08:29 PM
EekaMouse

Recommended Free Anti-Virus Software
waddup,
my it's been some time since I went on here.

I was wondering what you guys use to protect your pc from viruses, malware and the likes.

I use malwarebytes and spybot: search and destroy. I use to use spydoctor, but recently it's been trying to charge me to clean out my computer.

So, again, what programs do you guys use?smile

Please login first to reply.