Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
January 23, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
C_Augustus_O

i didn't notice blood when noctis was fighting the behemoth in this trailer but saw alot in the tgs trailer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRJWX1s0JgY

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

January 23, 2011 @ 11:43 PM
flipppppin

im preordering this shit as soon as they confirm the release date
January 24, 2011 @ 01:52 PM
-alex

there is like tons of people complaining bout the battle system, i dunno sad
January 24, 2011 @ 09:23 PM
calintz

more like kingdom hearts, which is an action jrpg
January 25, 2011 @ 08:00 AM
skivic35

so calintz, when should we expect u to fly to japan and steal this game for us?
January 25, 2011 @ 08:49 AM
C_Augustus_O

alex would probably beat him there lol

January 25, 2011 @ 09:35 AM
-alex

is this game considered an rpg anymore? it's more like devil may cry.

a game doesnt have to be turn based to be considered an rpg. this is an action rpg, like kh.. is mass effect 2 an rpg or it's a third person shooter like gears? mhm, that wasn't a good example because me2 was not that much of an rpg anymore >sad

. The actual battle screen in the final game will show character names.

. Some areas regarding how the battle screen shows commands will probably change for the final.

. Magic has different effects depending on the character who uses it.

. A young blonde male character shown in the magazine's screenshots is good with guns. He alone has aiming controls and can aim for enemy weak spots.

. When other characters use guns, they have just a normal lock-on.

. The game has a large number of weapons. Main character Noctis can use them all.

. Your battle party can have up to three members. However, the members who aren't taking part in the battle will join in on conversations.

. There are more party members than the four shown in the magazine. However, the game doesn't have a massive number of party members.

. Main character Noctis is not "cool." He's just a normal youth. He feels "I am strong," but he's not as strong as he thinks.

. Some segments of the trailer show natural landscapes. These are like the fields you encounter in other games. The game will have time progression: morning, afternoon, evening and night.

. Contrary to some theories, the dragon rider character who appears in the trailer is not heroine Stella. Nomura says he wouldn't show Stella in such a state. The character you see in that sequence is an enemy.

. You can steal army vehicles for your use. You can ride air ships, cars and Chocobos.

. The blonde character shown in the trailer is Noctis's friend. The other two characters are friends from Noctis's childhood. The person with glasses is like Noctis's tactician.

. You'll recall that someone in the trailer says "You're not fit to be king," or something to that effect. This statement is not directed at Noctis. (I think everyone assumed it was!)

. Nomura says something along the lines of: This year, we have Type-0 and XIII-2, so please forget about Versus for a while. He asked that people be patient and understand that they're trying to do something incredible.

. At the earliest, we could see more from Versus XIII at E3.p.

hoping for a 2012 release date now
January 25, 2011 @ 02:50 PM
MoochaLoocha

This looks like Crisis Core on crack
January 25, 2011 @ 02:52 PM
koedog.

As long as it's epic, they can take their time.

I'm still playing FFXIII and even though I like it, it's not epic.

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

January 26, 2011 @ 11:23 AM
C_Augustus_O

More new info
* Your characters in Versus will not have jobs. However, your enemies will include dragon knights (or dragoons if you prefer) and summoners.
* There is a summoning element to the game.
* Your weapon selection will include: swords, axes, spears/lances, hand guns, machine guns, rifles, bazookas, and shot guns. This is just a partial list, though.
* The Ignis character (the guy with the glasses) is good with assist-style attacks. He can toss knives at enemies.
* The character with the scar on his face uses a fighting style. He can make use of a pile bunker and broad sword.
* The blonde character is a gunner.
* The game will have positional damage elements for attacking enemies.
* Larger enemies will have weak points.
* The game does not have team attacks for your party members.
* You can combo your attacks across character changes - that is, you can keep your combo going when you switch the character you're currently controlling.
* You can bring party members back to life if they die. The only exception is Noctis. If he dies, the game is over.
* The difficulty is being set towards the high end.

Judging from pics this game is gonna be the best game ever made, take all the time you need Nomura

Plus am loving how there is no playable female characters lol

January 26, 2011 @ 08:30 PM
-alex

I would like to play around with one sad stella im lookin at you
January 27, 2011 @ 04:19 AM
calintz

January 27, 2011 @ 04:43 AM
calintz

i'm impressed by that dragoon at the end

gameplay looks like a serious KH to me
January 27, 2011 @ 03:54 PM
-alex

the CGI is beautiful. As far as gameplay i still cant really tell if im impressed or not.

you serious? it will be a bigger game than ffxiii and outdooors are on par with ffxiii (and i bet there will be a graphical bump), but the scene when he's talking to stella looks horrible, lol.
January 27, 2011 @ 03:58 PM
-alex

btw noctis' fit is serious
January 27, 2011 @ 05:00 PM
koedog.

I was also gonna mention how Noctis' fit is dope. Also the environment of FFversusXIII is based off Shinjuku.

Can't wait.

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

January 27, 2011 @ 05:23 PM
OmegaSvpreme

gameplay looks real as fuck. especially how the combat system seems to change , with the gun based guy having a MGS 4 type camera angle. And driving mechs and tank turrets, too real.
January 30, 2011 @ 03:10 AM
meego

fuccckkk cant wait for this shit.
square can take all the time they need with this one, hope its epic as it looks!
definitely reminds me of ff7's overall mood and feel
January 30, 2011 @ 09:36 PM
ryun

January 31, 2011 @ 12:26 AM
ryun

good. that box cover looked like shit
January 31, 2011 @ 07:38 PM
chin3se604

cant wait to play.. gameplay is gonna be awesome.. fan of kh gameplay here
February 4, 2011 @ 01:55 PM
bjohnportis

more like kingdom hearts, which is an action jrpg

The team who made Kingdom Hearts I&II are actually the ones that are developing it. This game is in fact a test to what the gameplay for KH3 is going to be like. Which why KH3 isn't being worked on this moment.
February 4, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
OmegaSvpreme

no thats not real. PS3 boxes dont even look like that anymore.

that and I'm pretty sure this game was supposed to be rated M. I hope they do make it M, FF13 had too many scenes where the sword violence was dumbed down.
February 22, 2011 @ 06:36 AM
calintz

apparently a misprint, but people (as always) are second guessing

May 20, 2011 @ 11:28 AM
skivic35

any new news on this?
September 14, 2011 @ 11:31 AM
skivic35

It is now in full production, this better be worth the wait
July 21, 2012 @ 06:41 AM
Iggle

ahh hell nah

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/20/report-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-cancelled

#pedogangweindis

July 21, 2012 @ 11:28 AM
calintz

probably gonna use the assets and make FFXV with it?
July 21, 2012 @ 03:19 PM
Iggle

lol you even read the article or just the URL?

Kotaku also reports that resources used to make the game were folded into what will become Final Fantasy XV a few months back.

#pedogangweindis

July 21, 2012 @ 03:53 PM
Striker

a commenter left this on a site :

"I just read the conjecture that Kotaku put out, and anybody who has studied, read, or even heard the word journalism can see how terribly false this is. There is seriously no solid evidence. At one point the author asks if the project is still in development and Square Enix says they have no updates right now. He immediately points to this and says that he was not asking for an update so it must be true that it's cancelled. There are two major flaws with this argument.
1. He is arguing from silence, It is commonly knowledge that this cannot stand to be a valid argumet.
2. He suggest he was not asking for an update, but he fails to realize that he was, it was just a very specific one. The game could be in post production right now. No one really knows.

The author also talks about all his unnamed sources and tries to validate them based on information we know to be false. He tries to say that his sources tipped him off that some people from the Versus XIII project were being rolled into Final Fantasy XV. With the exception of the Luminous engine, we know this to be false based on prior comments from Square Enix.

Also, I would like to point out the truth and lies of some of the comments of the article. First, a very smart individual asks the question that came to my mind. If it was cancelled, wouldn't there have been some kind of public post to position changes or job losses. The team would most likely be moved around to work on other things. This is true, and it would very rapidly come to fruition, and I'm sure that it would be public knowledge. Someone who was a little less smart said that this is not the case because it is a Japanese company, well sir, I can tell you that you are wrong! The would have most certainly posted regardless of whether they are Japanese or not.

This is the first topic I have created in a long time, and the only reason I created is because I am a fan and believe in the Final Fantasy brand. It angers me when some stupid journalist (who is obviously not that intelligent for the average joe like me to peel apart) tries to get a story based on conjecture. Go write for a tabloid you goon!!!!

Lastly, I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and even though cancellation of this game would bring my precious Kingdom Hearts 3 faster, I'm only a Kingdom Hearts fan because of Final Fantasy, and I too would like to see people stop trolling about KH3."

Please login first to reply.