December 1, 2010 @ 12:50 PM
M4a1--M14EBR

i like NPCs, sidequests, and all that other shit just as much as everyone else but they dont add anything to the core experience. The story, graphics, and battle system are what make the game and FFXIII had all 3.

I wish they would remake FF VI,VII,VIII for PS3 or Xbox 360. That FFVII demo video looked awesome on the PS3
December 1, 2010 @ 03:13 PM
Decepticon0

Square Enix doesn't know how or says its impossible.

Haha, if they made a demo video for the ps3 before it launched, I think they can make a whole game. Excuses if you ask me...
December 1, 2010 @ 04:23 PM
Falsate

That's because Versus XIII is taking the cake. (Hence all that talk about dark and real world events. The atmosphere seems right I'll give him that, but that's more of a superficial appeal to his claims of it being 'dark').
December 1, 2010 @ 09:03 PM
Oh Shit Ninjas! MILK, RUN!!!

alright all bullshit aside, amazon for wateva reason credited me 10 dollars towards my next game purchase after i ordered gt5 and im thinkin bout coppin this shit

be real right now...how worth it is this shit? i hated ff12 cuz it had not story but arguably the best gameplay, i kinda hate ffx cuz i felt it was ridiculously overrated and od linear, havent really given a fuck like that about a ff game since ff8, how good is the story b? is it so good its worth forgiving the fact that i already know this game is pretty much a straight line, start to finish till the boss?
December 1, 2010 @ 09:51 PM
Oh Shit Ninjas! MILK, RUN!!!

lol oh shit just noticed, knew there was something wierd about a ff13 thread being reupped, but na, hows the story at least? like how does it stack against other final fantasys

u could move this shit if u want to the other ff13 thread, idgaf
December 2, 2010 @ 08:13 AM
skivic35

FFX was one of the saddest one's of the series. But I'm glad they made X-2(even though the game sucked) with the endings they did.
December 2, 2010 @ 09:52 AM
M4a1--M14EBR

FFX was one of the saddest one's of the series. But I'm glad they made X-2(even though the game sucked) with the endings they did.

X-2 was ok, the animations for switching classes got old quick for me though. Yuna was hot though &)
December 2, 2010 @ 02:41 PM
Trollinator

They take place in the same universe but theyre completely unrelated story wise. Final Fantasy 13 is the traditional RPG Final Fantasy experience. Final Fantasy Versus 13 is an action RPG similar to Kingdom Hearts, its being said that its the darkest a Final Fantasy has ever been.

also Versus 13 is a PS3 exclusive. Final Fantasy 13 was originally supposed to be and is often said to be lacking because it had to be able to work on the 360 also. So people have high expectations for Versus considering it can utilize the PS3 completely.

since i havent played it yet

should i get versus then?

i dont wanna buy two FF13's

versus is looking right for me

I want to see the world burn

December 2, 2010 @ 05:02 PM
debs 168

I cant imagine them investing too much into Versus. It's a spin off of 13 which in itself was looked at as a dissappointment by a lot of people. Plus its an exclusive.

lol pretty much all their resources are going into versus...13 being a disappointment is exactly why square is changing versus (world map, towns, etc.). its not really not a spin off, either, per se.

it being exclusive has nothing to do with how much time they put into the game either. ff13 was originally supposed to be a ps3 exclusive.

i doubt that versus remains an exclusive anyway. thats probably whats taking so long. trying to figure out how to downgrade the quality so that it can be released on the xbox and the ps3 simultaneously. 13 was ruined because of square's decision to port it on the xbox. what they should have done is make a ff for the xbox and make one for the ps3. everybody shouldn't have to suffer because they want to experiment to see if they make more money.
December 2, 2010 @ 05:15 PM
debs 168

since i havent played it yet

should i get versus then?

i dont wanna buy two FF13's

versus is looking right for me

XIII is trash. watch a playthrough on youtube. save your money for another game. trust me on this one. i put mad hours into it.

quick flaws, without ruining the story:

-items really don't matter
-upgrading weapons doesn't matter til the *very end* of the game.
-the story is shit
-characters are shit
-like two towns (i'm being generous, most ppl wouldn't consider them true towns)
-corridor gaming. the entire game is like going through a bunch of hallways
-you don't get to explore until chapter 11. there are only 13 chapters.
-game goes from stupidly easy to frustrating after awhile (which is not bad in itself but)...the gameplay is dope but how you have to kill boses/eidolons is trash. i'll explain that in a sec
-the music is ASS
-instead of watching the fights, you'll be watching bars...the stagger bar, whether or not you're buffed/debuffed, etc. you can't enjoy the actual fight scenes
-lack of a lot of ff enemy staples...no couerls, malboros, zuu's, etc.
-the stagger to win shit becomes tedious after awhile. understatement.
-grinding to make money???
-grinding for money to level up weapons? ok...but getting like 12 cents and shit and having to purchase an item that costs 234242342343 dollars in order to level up your weaponS is not whats good.
-traps and dark matter and how you earn them. EH.
-by the time you can do all that it won't matter. the side quest shit is extra tedious. you should do a couple IMO but doing all of them...eh...its just not fun. its more of a chore.
-the game doesn't get "good" IMO until like chapter 12. there are like 13 chapters, iirc.
-no optional bosses.
-you can't choose your party members until like chapter 11, iirc.

etc. etc.

i could keep going on and on about the flaws. the only pros are the graphics in the cutscenes (especially towards the end), the graphics in i think chapter 11 and 12, and the gameplay.

the game's in game graphics could have been much better. there could have been towns to break up the monotony, etc. etc. but they decided to port to the xbox.

i'm not trying to be a fanboy or anything like that...but IMO if you bought an xbox you bought it for halo and whatever other exclusives you thought you were going to get, right?

well i copped a ps3 for tekken and square. period. why the fuck would i have copped a ps3 if ff would be whored to every system? xbox was the cheaper system. i could have and would have went with that.

smh at square for that. its all about the $$$.

as for why they won't come out with ff7's remake...easy. why milk your cash cow now?? do it when you're down, not when everything is going good. they still have so much they could do. another parasite eve (one for the ps3), another chrono trigger, ffVI on psn, etc.
December 2, 2010 @ 05:28 PM
debs 168

those are palette swaps of regular enemies with obscene amounts of hp. i don't think that counts.

the only "towns" are the amusement park area and that BRIEF area where you're on the run...i forgot the name but its when you get to play as *insert character here. you know who i mean*

i don't wanna ruin the story for anybody that hasn't played so i won't expand on that. oh and you get a small flashback of you on the beach.

those aren't towns. you can't talk to ppl, you can't buy anything, no inns, etc. you don't even interact with the environment.

however, i DO think that ffXIII-2 needs to happen. they need to expand on the story, make it better, make it not be a linear game, etc.

there's a lot of potential there.
December 2, 2010 @ 05:30 PM
debs 168

optional bosses IMO would have been:

-omega weapon
-ultima weapon
-czar dragon
-shinryuu
-leviathan
-titan
-gilgamesh

something like that. this is the first recent ff that didn't have a weapon in it, iirc.

*edit*
tonberries were confined to one very, very SMALL area. cactuars should have been more abundant too. smh in digust at that.
December 3, 2010 @ 01:45 AM
blake

i thought the game was good. its only real flaw is how linear it was, everything else like the music or the battle system was done pretty well i think. palette swaps of enemies has been done in every ff game, even your favorite one lol. I think it was a nice try and im glad they experimenting and not making the same game.
December 3, 2010 @ 01:56 AM
Trollinator

XIII is trash. watch a playthrough on youtube. save your money for another game. trust me on this one. i put mad hours into it.

quick flaws, without ruining the story:

-items really don't matter
-upgrading weapons doesn't matter til the *very end* of the game.
-the story is shit
-characters are shit
-like two towns (i'm being generous, most ppl wouldn't consider them true towns)
-corridor gaming. the entire game is like going through a bunch of hallways
-you don't get to explore until chapter 11. there are only 13 chapters.
-game goes from stupidly easy to frustrating after awhile (which is not bad in itself but)...the gameplay is dope but how you have to kill boses/eidolons is trash. i'll explain that in a sec
-the music is ASS
-instead of watching the fights, you'll be watching bars...the stagger bar, whether or not you're buffed/debuffed, etc. you can't enjoy the actual fight scenes
-lack of a lot of ff enemy staples...no couerls, malboros, zuu's, etc.
-the stagger to win shit becomes tedious after awhile. understatement.
-grinding to make money???
-grinding for money to level up weapons? ok...but getting like 12 cents and shit and having to purchase an item that costs 234242342343 dollars in order to level up your weaponS is not whats good.
-traps and dark matter and how you earn them. EH.
-by the time you can do all that it won't matter. the side quest shit is extra tedious. you should do a couple IMO but doing all of them...eh...its just not fun. its more of a chore.
-the game doesn't get "good" IMO until like chapter 12. there are like 13 chapters, iirc.
-no optional bosses.
-you can't choose your party members until like chapter 11, iirc.

etc. etc.

i could keep going on and on about the flaws. the only pros are the graphics in the cutscenes (especially towards the end), the graphics in i think chapter 11 and 12, and the gameplay.

the game's in game graphics could have been much better. there could have been towns to break up the monotony, etc. etc. but they decided to port to the xbox.

i'm not trying to be a fanboy or anything like that...but IMO if you bought an xbox you bought it for halo and whatever other exclusives you thought you were going to get, right?

well i copped a ps3 for tekken and square. period. why the fuck would i have copped a ps3 if ff would be whored to every system? xbox was the cheaper system. i could have and would have went with that.

smh at square for that. its all about the $$$.

as for why they won't come out with ff7's remake...easy. why milk your cash cow now?? do it when you're down, not when everything is going good. they still have so much they could do. another parasite eve (one for the ps3), another chrono trigger, ffVI on psn, etc.

this helped thanks

I want to see the world burn

January 18, 2011 @ 07:24 AM
-alex

alex, my nikka, this is for you

ff versus trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=1A0AU1eNSXk[/url]
January 18, 2011 @ 07:25 AM
-alex

so dope coolcoolcool (posted a new trailer on the previous page, lulz )
January 18, 2011 @ 07:33 AM
-alex

brb, just gotta change my pants
January 18, 2011 @ 07:34 AM
C_Augustus_O

nice, a game that will be worth the wait

edit* ^ i thought you were alex

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

January 18, 2011 @ 07:42 AM
C_Augustus_O

fucking blown away, i still have hope that it will release this year

January 18, 2011 @ 08:21 AM
skivic35

i hope the July release date is still a go. And by the looks of the trailor, this has the potential to be the best game made by square enix ever. it already has the best graphics i have ever seen from a game. it also looks like they took the battle system from XIII and changed it a little to where you can move where ever you want during the fight.
January 18, 2011 @ 08:31 AM
C_Augustus_O

this has the potential to be the best game made by square enix ever.

qft, shit it taking them about 8 year to complete

January 18, 2011 @ 09:57 AM
-alex

i hope the July release date is still a go. And by the looks of the trailor, this has the potential to be the best game made by square enix ever. it already has the best graphics i have ever seen from a game.

lulz, i like you, you hype it more than i do and it's my most anticipated game ever. ffvii is my fav game ever and this can even top it, imo

but..cgi looks realer than real life, but the gameplay graphics ain't that good now, hopefully they will improve, they're great but i want something at least a lil better than ffxiii. i wouldn't worry bout the story, should be some dark romeo and juliet ish, stella kinda reminds me of my ex gf i still love,so yeah, ill be crying alot playing it ;_;

versus
last guardian
uncharted 3

you sure you want a different platform to play your videogames on?

p.s. fuck mods, change my username already sad
January 18, 2011 @ 10:01 AM
C_Augustus_O

my ♥♥♥♥♥

January 18, 2011 @ 07:26 PM
-alex

english subs... noctis' voice light from death note?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouRYEsfwON0

hopefully we can make love to stella in those cgi gfx

is that last king ♥♥♥♥♥ noctis' father and is he trying to kill him?

or maybe that dude in white killed his father and noctis is trynna revenge him sad
and stella may be the white dude's daughter, that's why they say it's on some romeo and juliet shit cuz she loves noctis but doesn't want her father to be killed by him, w/e sad

mexican soap opera, sigh
January 20, 2011 @ 08:21 PM
Striker

when the fuck is Versus XIII seeing the light of day?!
like really? im anticipating this shit! any news i dont know about? which is next to nothing
January 20, 2011 @ 08:28 PM
C_Augustus_O

♥♥♥♥♥ no one knows

hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80974

new trailer

January 20, 2011 @ 08:31 PM
Striker

♥♥♥♥♥! thank you!

least theirs trailer, fuck!

my impatient ass is impatient
January 21, 2011 @ 06:58 PM
xVILLN

figured i'd upload this since all the other trailers are blocked.
the fucking gameplay is swag as fuck.thank you based god

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RMki27UdXs&feature=player_embedded#!

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

January 22, 2011 @ 01:34 PM
-alex

ive watched the trailer at least dozen times
January 22, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
ryun

wow they showed gameplay .. looks like sex cool
that shit made my day.

Please login first to reply.