Final Fantasy Versus XIII Official Discussion Thread

Jan 18, 2010 @ 17:18

werd smokeyfacesmokeyface
Feb 01, 2010 @ 08:11
new versus info in february

When asked about Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Sony’s Jeff Rubenstein answered a fan’s question with: “I have, and they’re (Square Enix) eager to get some posts on the blog in February.”

*nerdgasm*

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m1d31-Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-info-hitting-in-February
Feb 01, 2010 @ 15:29
Good news, but i better not be another 5 sec trailer, i want to see some gameplay

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

Feb 01, 2010 @ 15:56
i'd say they are waiting for after March 9 before letting out the big news
as to not impede on FFXIII's western release
Feb 13, 2010 @ 09:03
Any news on Agito or Versus?

No set date yet, so you can keep on the lookout for new information. And though we can
Feb 16, 2010 @ 15:53
Thanks for the link.Good read.
Feb 16, 2010 @ 23:11
Originally posted by Inactive User
"At this time, we don't have any change to the plans for what's been announced for games like Agito or Versus XIII, but depending on how things go in the future we'll continue to adapt to create games best suited for the market."

anything is possible
so if XIII sells best in the west on the 360 - SE may consider anything...
Feb 17, 2010 @ 07:54
anything is possible
so if XIII sells best in the west on the 360 - SE may consider anything...

if Square Enix moves everything to Microsoft I will NEVER buy a game from them again.
Feb 26, 2010 @ 19:47
No release date yet? damn.
Mar 04, 2010 @ 22:54
No release date yet? damn.

comes out the end of this year.
Mar 05, 2010 @ 00:23
in japan smokeyface
Mar 05, 2010 @ 01:28
bs^
Mar 08, 2010 @ 21:43
oh shit. who gon cawp?

and do you guys know anywhere where it will be the cheapes?

UCSB.

Mar 08, 2010 @ 21:49
Never been a big fan of FF or turn based RPGs in general, but this looks mad sexy. Plus I heard it's supposed to play like Kingdom Hearts, so I'm all about it. Now I just need to get my ass a PS3 and a decent TV!
Mar 10, 2010 @ 07:37
damn i want this final fantasy bad,
i heard they showed gameplay footage at jump festa..

no video leak yetsmh

Mister McCallister!

Mar 15, 2010 @ 21:21
i cannot wait for this game to come out! I love XIII so far but this looks even more dope
Mar 17, 2010 @ 15:29

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

Mar 17, 2010 @ 17:51
started today but hoping to run through this game by early next week if i put in the hours...so far the camera is getting to me
Mar 17, 2010 @ 17:55
started today but hoping to run through this game by early next week if i put in the hours...so far the camera is getting to me

ill buy your copy for 300 blinkyeyesblinkyeyesblinkyeyes

edit: euro
Mar 17, 2010 @ 19:24
posted in t5he wrong section lol
Mar 18, 2010 @ 05:18
beat 3 gods so far so fun
Mar 18, 2010 @ 08:17
Mar 18, 2010 @ 12:37
Airship & World Map yesss

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

Apr 02, 2010 @ 18:47
Dunno if anyone saw this but apparently the main character of FFversus XIII is homosexual.

"In an interview with Kotaku about Final Fantasy Versus XIII, director Tetsuya Nomura has revealed that protagonist Noctis is homosexual. "I wanted to make this game seem real world, modern, edgy and I feel having an openly homosexual character will help to give it these qualities", Nomura revealed seemingly quite casually when being questioned about the feel of the game and how it would differ from other titles in the FNC compilation.

Nomura also hinted that the game may involve encounters with extra-terrestrials and a covert plot to allow them to colonise the world, using alien-human hybrids as slaves, saying, "The X-Files were a huge influence on me when I was working on plot and story concepts". "Before we had worked out Noct's name we were calling him 'Fox'", he continued, a clear reference to X-Files protagonist Fox Mulder. "Not that I think David Duchovny or Mulder are gay, you know, I didn't take that from the show, I came up with it by myself."

It remains to be seen just to what extent the hit 90s show has impacted on the game, but Nomura's statements seem to indicate that it will be quite significant."

Source: http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2010/03/31/nomura-kotaku-interview-noctis-is-gay.html
May 18, 2010 @ 18:32
Will Square Enix's long-in-the-making Final Fantasy Versus XIII follow the lead of its predecessor and make the leap from the PS3 to the Xbox 360? Probably... err Square Enix is "looking into it," according to the company's president.

Yoichi Wada told attendees at an investors meeting today in Tokyo that, despite claims that the more action oriented Final Fantasy Versus XIII would be "PS3 only worldwide," the publisher may consider a multi-platform release. But there's some "looking into it" to be done, so don't expect an announcement of that sort until closer to the game's next major unveiling.

Hey, it only makes sense, considering the hundreds of thousands of copies of Final Fantasy XIII that Square Enix sold on the Xbox 360. It's just business, nothing personal.

good news

i hate exclusives
May 18, 2010 @ 19:10
i'd buy it on the PS3 anyway

tho, if this shit was true, then that means the PS3 is yet to get an exclusive square enix game
May 19, 2010 @ 16:04
good news

i hate exclusives

you like shitty rpg's then?...smfh

-FFvs13 will be delayed by another year
-It wont be open world anymore, DVD will guarantee its linearity
-It wont use full PS3 potential, the game will be shorter due to compression and limited xbox 360 dvd.
-No Japanese VA

fuck square seriously
May 19, 2010 @ 16:28
yeah those points are fucked up, if it happens
i'd rather play games on ps3, so i'm hoping they don't limit this cos of the 360 limits

in anycase, its not confirmed on 360, they just looking into it

In the wake of the commotion that Hot’s comments caused earlier, he has now clarified his previous statements via…Twitter: “It seems the internet is getting excited. Versus on the Xbox? What was said at the investors meeting was only that until the official announcement is made everything about all titles is pending.”
Jun 23, 2010 @ 04:19
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/23/flying_get/

* The game's cloud effects use real physics calculations
* The world is an open field, and you can go everywhere except for the mountains
* The battles are seamless
* The game's encounter system is both random and symbol-based (meaning you can see enemies in advance). Hmm... what could this mean?
* The game's world is mostly seamless, although there are some load points when you switch between the massive areas.
* You can destroy objects that you find on the road.
* The quality of the combat scenes is so high that people will not be able to believe it when they first see it.
* The staff is excited about making the game.

MORE INFO:

The Versus screenshots show a fight with a weaponized Behemoth in a city.
Square Enix will be showing an unannounced title at TGS. Given the context, I think this means a Nomura game.
Nomura says that the Versus visual quality will improve even beyond what's shown in the new screenshots.
Jun 23, 2010 @ 04:32
Nomura: Versus' graphics are unbelievable
Posted on June 23, 2010 by Nick

A notable no show from this year's E3 Expo was Final Fantasy Versus XIII, the highly anticipated next chapter in the Fabula Nova Cyrstallis series. Though Final Fantasy XIII hit Western shores earlier this year, Square Enix was mum on the PS3-exclusive follow up at the event last week.

Not to worry, though - the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation confirms that fans will see more from the title soon at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show. The publication showed off a few new environments and teased a couple new features.

The highlight seems to be the game's new battle system. The encounter system uses a mix of random and visible encounters that are integrated seamlessly into the exploration aspect of the game. The graphics further enhance the combat, with Nomura confidently stating that most people will not believe there eyes when the see the high quality of the battles in action.

Additionally, Nomura states the team is improving the graphics before the game hits shelves. With the release of XIII off their plate, the team is going to work with renewed motivation.

Fans can look forward to seeing FFVSXII, as well as Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday and Agito XIII at TGS 2010, which is slated for Sept. 16 to Sept. 19.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0