SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
February 12, 2008 @ 07:50 PM
Leumas

Im looking to get a new laptop around the April - June and I need advice on what laptop to get. I currently have a Dell Inspiron 2200 which Ive been using, 3 years come August. Nothing is really wrong with it, its just that the spec are starting to become outdated. So I need a PC not a Mac. Whats the best PC maker out there? I dont want to say money isn't an option because it is, but I have about $2000 but im willing to go alittle over too.

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks.
February 12, 2008 @ 07:57 PM
unknown force.

i would look for either a sony or HP, haven't heard anyone who has one complain about them. i had a toshiba satellite but the gay power jack comes undone after a year and you have to re-solder it so i'd stay away from toshibas since it seems to be like that for all of them
February 12, 2008 @ 10:20 PM
Canvas08

Lenovo.

February 16, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
scfdefinit

+1 for Lenovo. I'm using a T60 right now.

The new IdeaPad line is pretty cool looking and cheap with ridiculous specs.

The new x300 that's coming out is being called the MacBook Air killer if you want something ultraportable.
February 16, 2008 @ 11:30 PM
peterclydepark

depending on what your gonna use it for
apple mac books are good for like editing and stuff but if its for other uses at home or something then the sony vaio is good

DSLR Filmmakers, Need an affordable stabilizing system? Check this out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/911359208/steadi- shoulder

February 17, 2008 @ 11:28 AM
riceguyx

really, if it aint broken, dont fix it...
u said u have a dell and nothing's wrong with right?
step it up to an xps notebook or wut not...

personally, dells are so-so... but they have decent customer service...

if yur tired of dell... i hear good things about sony viao, or toshiba...

or perhaps u may want to consider a macbook with virtual pc so it can run windows
February 17, 2008 @ 11:52 PM
Rimbauldi

PRO TIP: Do not under any circumstances get an HP. I have owned a Toshiba and a HP. My Toshiba lasted me for 4 years. My HP didn't even make it past 1.

They are defective and when they break, which chances are they will, customer service sucks ass!

Don't be fooled by the great deal you seem to be getting. They sacrifice a lot on the construction and functionality.
February 18, 2008 @ 01:49 AM
noob_face

hey man. I sell computers where i work. i recommend HP's or Toshiba's. DELL's aren't that bad either and if you like yours just get the newer inspiron models.

and $2000.00 is enough to get something decent sure and you should have some money left over afterwards to.

Please login first to reply.