FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
September 5, 2007 @ 05:40 PM
Quick Draw

i'm addicted to this demo and am probably going to buy this game pretty shortly after it comes out. and i haven't bought a game in about a year. but this will be worth it.
September 7, 2007 @ 07:41 PM
contaygious

IGN - SKATE 9.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

media.xbox360.ign.com/media/856/856186/vids_1.html - video review
xbox360.ign.com/articles/818/818832p1.html - full review
September 8, 2007 @ 01:34 PM
Hyper.

I have a buddy who works at EA downtown Vancouver...went down there the other day to take advantage of the employee discount ( any EA game in their lineup for $20.....) and he took me up into his office. Got to play NHL 08 and...wait for it...the full SKATE game. Not a demo...the full game.

All I'm saying is...there really is no way to compare any Tony Hawk that will come out in the next 4 years to SKATE...not on that level.

I'm just waiting to get it for $20 on release day...then in 3 or 4 months get to play SKATE 2 demo while you cats are still trying to figure out your 3 flips.
September 8, 2007 @ 02:01 PM
Drebrooklyn

seems with all these dual system games that the 360's version is better
September 8, 2007 @ 06:55 PM
FearItSelf

seems with all these dual system games that the 360's version is better

very true, i think its the controls on it. Perfect system
September 9, 2007 @ 12:22 AM
Hyper.

^^^^^^^^^^

I won't get into the PS3 vs. 360 thing, because 360 owners are way too far in denial...but....

Playstation has always had the best controller. That's always been pretty much common knowledge. Most 360 owners always admit that PS controllers are better. But what could MS do, they can't blatantly copy the PS controller, so they gotta do the next best thing...

360 controllers aren't thaaaat bad but, let's get real...
September 9, 2007 @ 12:26 AM
Hyper.

By the way...

Can your Microsoft Xbox 360 do the following?

1. Play Blu-Ray discs
2. Connect to the internet wirelessly (for free)
3. Make use of a Bluetooth headset that you most likely already have
4. Connect to an online gaming service for free
5. Look incredible
6. Store photos and music

ohhhhhhh.........
September 9, 2007 @ 02:24 AM
ifoo

yo, i got the video thing working!
check out my vid
skate.share.ea.com/profiles/12727/posts/94941.aspx
cant wait for the real game
September 9, 2007 @ 01:49 PM
FearItSelf

no but the controllers are the best, for people that have normal size hands to large 360 is better
September 9, 2007 @ 01:59 PM
contaygious

who's your buddy-that's where i work ;)
September 9, 2007 @ 02:08 PM
contaygious

By the way...

1. Play Blu-Ray discs Sweet for movies, but no affect on games
2. Connect to the internet wirelessly (for free) LIVE provides devs with a platform for online which makes it way easier and more efficient. More demos/tv shows/ movies/downloads as well.
3. Make use of a Bluetooth headset that you most likely already have Most 360s come with a great headset anyway whereas most ps3 users don't use a bluetooth headset. Everyone on LIVE has one.
4. Connect to an online gaming service for free True
5. Look incredible Most multiplatform games have issues on ps3 and are rated lower for graphics/framerate issues (madden is 64 fps on 360 and 32 on PS3. Only PS3 exclusive games like Lair and Heavenly sword can take advantage of it and those games got horrible reviews anyway.
6. Store photos and music So does 360 and I stream movies/music from my pc.

ohhhhhhh.........

I love both systems, but just keeping it real. The ps3 controller doesn't have rumble and the triggers are hard to hold, my fingers slide off all the time, I hope PS3 gets it's time to shine, but get real, right now it's not doing so hot with NO exclusive games worth getting other than warhawk. Anyone thinking Ps3 is currently the best platform must only have a PS3 and be trying to justify the purchase. I think it's great for watching blueray and stuff, but as a console, it will be a little while until it's taken seriously - perhaps it will sell a ton over the holidays which would help.

Warhawk is the shit though.
September 9, 2007 @ 02:42 PM
FearItSelf

when does skate drop?
September 9, 2007 @ 03:10 PM
Half+Half

GOOFY

REGULAR

ITS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE THAN KICK FLIP AND SHOVE IT.

I fucking hate the game. WACK controls.
September 9, 2007 @ 03:24 PM
FearItSelf

I fucking hate the game. WACK controls.

dude, the controls are really nice Just practice, hold down all the way before you ollie. Its really not that hard
September 9, 2007 @ 06:18 PM
TheFly

Tre Flip Noseblunts, shuvit out.
Dont be mad because you can't skate, son!

I heard SKATE was pushed back a few days,
but its still coming out this week I think.
Contayg, when are you guys sending out promo copies? cool

And let me chime in on the ps3 vs 360 thing.

1. Play Blu-Ray discs
No but for the same price as as a ps3 i can get a 360 with hd-dvd addon and play HD-DVD. Theres no point arguing over those formats because its too early to see how either one will do. (although everyone knows how successful sony is with bringing out its own formats, coughminidisc.)

Again, its included in the price of the ps3, so its not really 'free'. Id rather have the option to not spend an extra 50 dollars on some wireless shit if I dont want it.

Don't have one, but my 360 came with a headset that connects to the wireless controller.

Which isnt NEARLY as good as xbox live. Not even close. Are you kidding? Well at least its free.

5. Look incredible
Ps3 is ugly. 360 is better looking, but what does that matter.

I do that on my pc, which I can access on my 360 through media center.

As for controllers, I love the 360 controller, and the ps3 controller isnt bad but its nothing special. Its no ps2 controller, thats for sure.
September 10, 2007 @ 01:24 PM
Half+Half

it's still impossible to do anything else than kickflip and shove it. I made some varial flips and ONE 360 flip and thats all. Don't know how you guys can do it so easily for me it is impossible.
September 11, 2007 @ 12:10 AM
TheFly

it's still impossible to do anything else than kickflip and shove it. I made some varial flips and ONE 360 flip and thats all. Don't know how you guys can do it so easily for me it is impossible.

No skill.
Same reason you cant do any of the above in real life either.
September 11, 2007 @ 08:37 AM
Half+Half

No skill.
Same reason you cant do any of the above in real life either.

In real life i can actually control what trick i wanna make. In skate you just do random shit. Still a super wack game. Real skating > Virtual skating.
September 11, 2007 @ 07:53 PM
Advantage

Seems confusing and easy to screw up with the new type of gameplay
September 11, 2007 @ 11:18 PM
TheFly

Blu Ray isnt sony's format,and it's already been said that so and so amount of companies are backing blu ray (including block buster) so bringing HD DVD into this isnt a valid argument.

Currently, Blu-ray Disc is exclusively supported by Sony Pictures Entertainment and MGM (both owned by Sony). Either way a lot of companies are backing both formats, and there is no clear "superior format". Either one is up in the air now, so bringing up EITHER isnt a valid arguement.

true it comes with a headset but you cant deny that most people with cells already have bluetooth headsets and the option to use ANY bluetooth device owns 360 and the one it comes with

I honestly dont know many people who use bluetooth headsets. Especially younger (15-20) kids that are probably the video game target market. If you have a bluetooth headset find, if you dont you always have the xbox headset.

PS3 is free not to mention (in november with the addition of Home) it will be way better than xbox live.

Maybe it will be better, but now it isnt.

PS3 is beautiful,easily the best looking console to date,and graphics wise,360 is already peaking with titles such as Gears of War where as PS3 is keeping up and it hasnt even tapped 50% of its potential

I'm not a game developer so I cant comment on whether any system is peaking and what real potential they have, and I think its just speculation to really assume either. Maybe one day the ps3 will be better, but at the moment... its just keeping up.

not a valid argument from either side because you can steam from PC to console from both 360 and PS3.

Then the original arguement is valid too, so either way its even.

It shouldnt be a whats better whats worse arguement all the time. Neither consoles "suck" and they both have their strengths. I like the ps3, I just happen to think the 360 is better overall at this point. I keep hearing talk from sony and fanboys that the ps3 is going to start kicking the 360s ass, I'm waiting...
September 11, 2007 @ 11:55 PM
FVisILL

By the way...

1. Play Blu-Ray discs
5. Look incredible

ohhhhhhh.........

Actually yeah it can store photos and music. But i preordered skate for 360. Already paid it off. Just have to go pick it up sometime tomorrow. So siked!
September 13, 2007 @ 01:08 PM

Inactive

skate is dope.

2 more days
September 13, 2007 @ 02:32 PM
Shanklin

I agree. 360 > PS3 (For Now). But to say PS3 doesnt have more potential is just crazy.

I just like the fact that Xbox (Micrososft) has this program so you can make your own XBLA game and possibly get cash for it if its good enough. Btw, ITS FREE!

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

September 13, 2007 @ 02:56 PM
Half+Half

By the way...

1. Play Blu-Ray discs
5. Look incredible

ohhhhhhh.........

1. No need
2. No, but i didnt pay as much as you for it, so in a way yes
3. PFFF no need
4. No need. Just buy a lot of games and you get free access
5. yes
6. yes
September 14, 2007 @ 01:07 AM
Denny Crane

Wow, this thread changed from the skate thread to another xbox v ps3 thread.

I still have to wait over a month to get this game! (PAL version)

Why didn't ps3 get the demo?
September 14, 2007 @ 08:46 PM
contaygious

ps3 demo coming soon. In Sony's hands to give to the people. SKATE IS OUT TODAY for xbox!
September 21, 2007 @ 12:44 AM
Denny Crane

Yay the demo is finally out for ps3 now! Been playing it all afternoon.

Please login first to reply.