FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
August 21, 2007 @ 03:58 PM
contaygious

Go dl that now on xbox live!

upload your videos ingame to skate.ea.com and go check em out.

peace.
August 21, 2007 @ 04:03 PM
9inchesofsole

I Love This Game, Say Good Bye Tony Hawk Games. They Got This Game On Locked!
August 21, 2007 @ 07:48 PM
MeTOO

I can't stop playing. The series of Tony Hawk games have officially been obliterated by a demo. It feels very realistic in the sense that it feels like you have full control of the deck as if you were actually riding it. The demo of the game has me so excited for the full release. skate. FTW!!!
August 21, 2007 @ 07:48 PM
Estopa

dude i just stop playing it like 5 mins ago, this game is fucking awesome
August 21, 2007 @ 09:45 PM
ifoo

damn, its taking too long to download D:!!!
August 22, 2007 @ 12:48 AM
realignant

i've been playing since 2am, the game is really good, I didnt expect it to be this easy, damn dope.
August 24, 2007 @ 12:40 AM
ifoo

rawr, this demo is good but it doesnt let me see my vids online >:/
August 24, 2007 @ 06:31 AM
Mr.Londoner

Good game, tony hawk and skate can co-exist, it's not like everyone is going to stop buying tony hawk.
August 24, 2007 @ 09:57 PM

Inactive

^it's a demo, you dick. it isnt the final game.
August 24, 2007 @ 10:11 PM

Inactive

1. you cant get off your board in skate

Who fucking cares. So you cant jump off your board, have it magically clip to your pants (Like in TH) and scale up buildings and powerlines, and do 90 foot acid drops down a wheel of cheese and then switch bluntslide down a ferris wheel. What a bummer

2. you probably cant make custom parks

I have owned every TH since THPS1 and hardly ever used park editor. Also this is the 1st edition of Skate. Did the first edition of TH have park editor ?

3. tony hawk enables you to control your board with both feet...skate just has up-down, side-side motions...you dont have as much control.

You have more control over everything. You obviously played the demo for 2 seconds with a strong biased for your 10 trick per rail THPS series.

4. the fish-eye lens distorts everything, and once you get the game and get the mega-level, youll be lost in seconds because you cant see your surroundings very well.

Nothing is overly distored. Again your exaggerating reality due to your bias towards tony hawks penis.

5. you get mauled over by everyone (realistic, but it gets annoying after a while)

I played the demo over 10 times and got hit buy the skater in the pool maybe twice. Its not that annoying.
August 25, 2007 @ 06:44 AM
MisfitProdigy

fucking biased bitches

but on gaming news, the only way to get the Guitar Hero III Demo 2 weeks early is by buying the new Tony Hawk game.

To me that sounds like desperation, and i feel that they know they are gonna get beaten by Skate. I would say slaughtered but biased bitches like the one above doesn't see what is better.
August 25, 2007 @ 01:27 PM
contaygious

lol they are totally different games man, it's the first skate so we couldn't do off board this time around it's the 9th tony hawk, but doesn't matter because the games are so different, we use a physics based system and flick it controls which encourages creativity and makes tricks feel unique and rewarding. I don't see how you can play this and then make direct comparisons to tony hawk when they are so different. Tony Hawk is cool, but we wanted to do something different with skate and there are plenty of people out there looking for something different than button mashing combos.

To those who can't get their videos I can help you find them, for now try to log in to the site and then you should receive an email asking you if you want to link the gamertag to the persona. click the link in the email to accept and then you should be able to log in and go find your video. it is on the site even if you can't find it, try "Latest videos and look for it" or ask me for help,

peace

p.s. about the offboard, the city is made with that in mind so it's not too big a deal. Also try a session marker with LB and DOWN to set and LB and UP to go back and you can use session markers to easily session a spot.
August 25, 2007 @ 02:14 PM

Inactive

Hey Contaygious,

Im really impressed with the skate physics of this game, however the crash physics seem kind of unrealistic and have to much of a rag doll effect. Keep in mind its nowhere as bad as Project 8 where the skater goes into marionette mode and launches 30 feet in the air from clipping a ledge.

But overall im loving the flikit feature of the game. The control you have over the board is a real plus.

Also Is it going to be possible to do moves such as casper flips and impossibles ?
August 25, 2007 @ 02:18 PM
realignant

GOOFY

REGULAR
August 25, 2007 @ 10:17 PM
FearItSelf

is the demo free?
August 26, 2007 @ 04:14 PM

Inactive

Yes. Its a free download on XBL.
August 26, 2007 @ 04:33 PM
FearItSelf

im downloading right now and im pumped
August 26, 2007 @ 06:44 PM
TheFly

yeah falling physics are kind of silly.
Skating is fun, although why isnt there an option to change the camera, the default view is a little too close and low. Oh well. Still fun. I hate the way the demo is set up though, I just want to skate around, not learn the same stuff every time i play it.
August 26, 2007 @ 06:47 PM
FearItSelf

yeah falling physics are kind of silly.
Skating is fun, although why isnt there an option to change the camera, the default view is a little too close and low. Oh well. Still fun. I hate the way the demo is set up though, I just want to skate around, not learn the same stuff every time i play it.

its alright, i think its too hard to move, tony hawk is less realistic but a lot easier to navigate. I have trouble moving fluidly throught the map
August 26, 2007 @ 08:22 PM
TheFly

its alright, i think its too hard to move, tony hawk is less realistic but a lot easier to navigate. I have trouble moving fluidly throught the map

Yeah, I think if there was a farther away camera that was stable, you could move around a lot easier.
August 30, 2007 @ 10:31 PM
contaygious

1) It's our first time out so offboard was too much for the first game. We wanted to do it, but would have had to sacrafice skating. the game is about skating first and foremost so we did our best to nail that. which game feels like skating? I'll let the people decide.

2) nail the trick is cool, but you have to activate it mid air while pushing both joysticks. In skate, it's essentially nail the trick all the time.

3) the world is built with fish eye and camera angle in mind. it's taken from skate videos. tony hawk has 20 ft flat ground ollies partly because of the camera angle I'm sure because it's hard to convey a regular ollie as BIG from that angle. Skate focus on realistic feeling skateboarding, the demo proves that point pretty well.

4) Manualing is used to add to sequences/lines and it is scored accordingly. Chceck out the score as you manual in skate, it does not go up forever, it is mostly about landing in manual or tricking out of manual. manual is really more about style so why put a arbitrary end to someone's manual when we feel like it is too long? You don't get points at all for manualling at a standstill. Nosemanual at speed and tell me that's not tough to maintain?

5) create a park is cool, tony hawk has had that before. skate is about exploring and finding new spots in the world with real world physics and sharing what you did on what you found online with others. I'm pretty sure we nailed it ;)

The full game is coming soooooooooooooooooooooooon! smile
PEACE
August 30, 2007 @ 10:38 PM

Inactive

Skate feels like its based more for people who actually skate. The fluidity of tricks is amazing, and I find myself sessioning one area trying to make a good line rather than trying to tap dance on handrails.
August 30, 2007 @ 10:53 PM
contaygious

sorry fly, it's a demo so you have to do the tutorials each time, but then you can skate around for 30 minutes and do anything you want including uploading videos/photos to the web and sharing your footage.

check out skate reel to see people's footage including your own:
skate.share.ea.com/

here's some good footage: youtube.com/watch?v=kOVpt-fyYSc - youtube montage, make your own ;)
August 30, 2007 @ 10:56 PM
dynamiteden

i cant stand a game where you grind telephone wires and all the other crap they have.
August 30, 2007 @ 11:05 PM

Inactive

are there any other secret moves like the coffin ?
August 31, 2007 @ 01:04 AM
TheFly

I understand the demo tutorial thing, its no big deal.
The camera is still bugging me a little, I just wish I had the option of fisheye or a pulled back view. Other than that, watch out for my tre flip noseblunts kid! The game is too much fun.
August 31, 2007 @ 02:09 AM
contaygious

hall of meat time! www.gametrailers.com/player/24381.html

check the bails!

first game of the series meaning we had only so much time and money to make the game and you can't get everything into one game unless you want the game to come out years later. look at the first tony hawk compared to 8. We obviously wanted offboard, but just had to prioritize and making skating feel good was the biggest priority. the city was built with the camera and lack of offboard in mind as well smile

Anything is possible, but they keep adding to the time and the budget and this game was in development for a long long time already smile

Offboard would have meant to compromise with something else and skating wasn't going to be it.
August 31, 2007 @ 03:00 AM
DozierBlowerSF

I havent dl'ed it yet, but I liked how that thrasher "skate and destroy" game (for PS) felt more real....it was actually hard to do nasty manual tricks.... so if SKATE feels more real than thps im sold. I dont care if I cant do 720 flip benihana crooks. thats not even close to real skating anyway.
September 1, 2007 @ 06:01 PM
contaygious

well give the demo a try and post feedback, would love to hear it...
September 5, 2007 @ 01:58 AM
FVisILL

Im goin out tomorrow to cop a xbox 360 just so i can own this game. Probably going to be the game of the past 5 years. Will kill tony hawk.

Please login first to reply.