Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 31, 2012 @ 06:05 AM
xVILLN

Finally cool

Info here
http://www.slashgear.com/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-revealed-hints-at-open-world-elements-30245188/

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

August 31, 2012 @ 06:16 AM
B Low Brown

They def. milking this franchise now.. But I hope it'll be quality just like literally every other game in the series.

How do you know this is MGS 5 tho?

@b_low_brown Killerbrownies.tumblr.com

August 31, 2012 @ 05:13 PM
RawShack

that photo is sick
August 31, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
xVILLN

They def. milking this franchise now.. But I hope it'll be quality just like literally every other game in the series.

kojima spoke on it a while back,saying that the next game would be MGS5 and it would use the new FOX engine, so thats what I got from this news.

September 1, 2012 @ 02:56 PM
tonysteak

exciting news..screenshot looks awesome

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

September 1, 2012 @ 03:11 PM
dmwalking

Judging by the gear, snake's beard color, and weapon, I'm thinking this will be sort of a prequel type joint. Happening between the metal gears. Kind of like how Snake Eater filled in a lot of gaps.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

September 1, 2012 @ 05:15 PM
goldANDsacks

how are they milking the franchise if they're still producing great games? once the quality drops and they still keep making them, then you can say theyre milking it.
September 1, 2012 @ 05:17 PM
AfroNinja

seems like it is big boss rather than snake
September 1, 2012 @ 08:24 PM
B Low Brown

how are they milking the franchise if they're still producing great games? once the quality drops and they still keep making them, then you can say theyre milking it.

Milking doesn't mean a drop in quality, b. They announced a movie, an iPhone game (wtf), and another console title with another game already in the works (MG Rising)

That's something I'd expect from call of duty tbh

September 1, 2012 @ 10:33 PM
tonysteak

hory shet that fox engine is gorgeous

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

September 1, 2012 @ 10:38 PM
B Low Brown

Confirmed to not be mgs5
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/01/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-is-gorgeous-open-world-and-not/

You'd be a fool to think they aren't milking the franchise, quality aside

September 1, 2012 @ 10:45 PM
Spankbank

It's a prologue to MGS5 though, so who cares.
September 1, 2012 @ 10:55 PM
xVILLN

cool

September 1, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
MF CHEUNG

cool excited for this.
September 1, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
xVILLN

after watching the trailer, I just realized that this is a direct sequel to peace walker.Paz and Chico are mentioned frequently throughout this trailer,and i think the burned man is general coldman. If this is a prequel to MGS5, i have a strong feeling that this will lead up to a possible remake of the first two metal gears,which are the first appearances of snake and gray fox, fighting against big boss.

September 2, 2012 @ 01:50 AM

Inactive

Hideo is always misleading us with these flashy trailers. Don't believe the hype. This could potentially be great game, but it has to remain true to the original dynamics that made people fall in love with the series. MGS4 lacked that sense of urgency that made the first 3 console titles amazing. It was fan service circus show (Ninja Raiden, piloting Metal Gear Rex, visiting Shadow Moses with operating flashbacks) All flash and no substance. We need a new, original story that will get people invested in these characters again.

I don't know how I got to this state, let me out of my cage, 'cause I'm dyin'...

September 2, 2012 @ 02:44 AM
snake?Snake?!SANKE!

grand theft who????? this shit just stole my attention cool

rollin' down the strip on vogues comin up slammin cadillac does

September 2, 2012 @ 03:04 AM
╒rozzy

Open world? UNF

The trailer is so pleasing to the eye, MGS games are so beautiful

September 2, 2012 @ 04:02 AM
craigsagersuit

cool not enough

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

September 2, 2012 @ 04:11 AM
chex

open world gonna be crazy
September 2, 2012 @ 04:34 AM
goldANDsacks

another video with more gameplay footage at the end (jump to the 10 min mark)

this looks amazing. the way they incorporate the map and item inventory into the gameplay instead of being a menu is awesomely clever. i haven't been blown away by game graphics in a long ass time. this is next level.
September 2, 2012 @ 12:33 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

if that's running off a pc and they aint announced platforms can we assume this is next gen? either way, what are the chances this is multi-platform? wouldn't sony have said if this was a playstation exclusive?

nvm just read it's current and possibly next gen multiplatform
September 2, 2012 @ 04:46 PM
goldANDsacks

Yup and MGS is no longer PS exclusive. The article states that the demo was done with an Xbox controller
September 2, 2012 @ 04:52 PM
goldANDsacks

after watching the trailer, I just realized that this is a direct sequel to peace walker.Paz and Chico are mentioned frequently throughout this trailer,and i think the burned man is general coldman. If this is a prequel to MGS5, i have a strong feeling that this will lead up to a possible remake of the first two metal gears,which are the first appearances of snake and gray fox, fighting against big boss.

Eye patch over the right eye. Big boss
September 2, 2012 @ 06:14 PM
Striker

this is a prequel to Mgs 5, this likely could be the final big boss story to fill in the gaps of cipher vs. BB.

they aint milkin the franchise, kojima is fillin in gaps within the mythology, thinking if this is the prologue for mgs5, then 5 could be remakes of MG1 & 2.

Here's hoping, either way it's going in the direction i had hoped it would. cool
September 2, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
B Low Brown

Yup and MGS is no longer PS exclusive. The article states that the demo was done with an Xbox controller

this is a prequel to Mgs 5, this likely could be the final big boss story to fill in the gaps of cipher vs. BB.

they aint milkin the franchise, kojima is fillin in gaps within the mythology, thinking if this is the prologue for mgs5, then 5 could be remakes of MG1 & 2.

Here's hoping, either way it's going in the direction i had hoped it would. cool

Kojima filling in gaps no one really asked for... It's still milking

Drop ZoE you Asian phaggot stop making metal gear after metal gear.. How many times has he said "this will be the last game" he doesn't stop because there's too much money in the IP. It's being milked bruh.

September 2, 2012 @ 07:25 PM
xVILLN

another video with more gameplay footage at the end (jump to the 10 min mark)

this looks amazing. the way they incorporate the map and item inventory into the gameplay instead of being a menu is awesomely clever. i haven't been blown away by game graphics in a long ass time. this is next level.

cool

September 2, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
Striker

i guess we have two different views on milking fam, because i dont see this as that

to me milking a series impacts the quality of it, making it wack as fuck, this dude kojima puts out a new mgs title, and it always delivers, he's consistent, and it leave everyone wanting more.

ZoE 3 is being worked on but he aint the director for it, he's producing it i think.

either way shits gonna fantastic
September 2, 2012 @ 07:35 PM
B Low Brown

i guess we have two different views on milking fam, because i dont see this as that

to me milking a series impacts the quality of it, making it wack as fuck, this dude kojima puts out a new mgs title, and it always delivers, he's consistent, and it leave everyone wanting more.

ZoE 3 is being worked on but he aint the director for it, he's producing it i think.

either way shits gonna fantastic

agree to disagree

Mgs4 left a sour taste in my mouth tho, and either way it was a good point to end the series, as it was advertised.. But yeah the quality stays high, but damn there's SO MANY MGS projects now it lost its monumental demeanor it had when mgs4 dropped, or even snake eater

September 2, 2012 @ 07:46 PM
Striker

i mean yeah, i had my problems with Guns, but i loved it, good ass end to Solid's career.

but you see, kojima is filling in these gaps because the lore is vast, the fans want to know more about it. Peace walker was fucking greattttt, and it was a setup for Ground Zeroes, and i feel like after this and possible remake of mg1 and 2, the series should be left alone.

there's still story left to tell, and as long as they don't do anything with solid post mgs4, i'm good, because thats when i'll start considering it to be milked.

not even feeling revengeance.

Please login first to reply.