August 27, 2012 @ 07:59 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

Who is down with the midnight release?

“Another year, another Madden.” We have all heard it. Hell, we have most likely all said this phrase once or twice. This year’s Madden is probably going to be the same, just like every other year, right? Well, I am happy and pretty surprised to say that…no it’s not. With the extensive time I have had with the game, I can happily say that this year’s madden is the greatest step forward that the franchise has ever taken.

Let’s get the obvious out of the way; the game looks really good. Sure, the EA Sports games have never looked “bad” but Madden 13 looks incredible. Player models are crisp, animations are smooth, stadiums look life-like and the models for Phil Sims and Jim Nantz (the in-game commentators) look amazing. The over-lays for each game and replays are really nicely done and the sound quality is what you would expect from a Madden game. The commentators do a decent job but lack the flare that the commentators have in the 2K games. If you pause the game at any moment and really study all the little details, the game is easily EA’s best looking and most detailed sports title to date.

Madden 13’s biggest upgrade this year is the new infinity engine and real-time physics. How does it work? Well…awesome! Out of the several hours I have spent with the game I really never seen the same tackle twice. Think Backbreaker…except less over the top. Sure every once in awhile there was a real awkward animation, or a players legs bending in a way that’s not so realistic but this is defiantly a huge step forward for the franchise.

We are still a little over a week away from the release of Madden 13 and this is looking to be the best Madden game to date. I didn’t have any time with any of the game modes so we will see how well those are done but I was very pleased with what I saw and played.

:)

August 27, 2012 @ 11:40 PM
chrisparsons

Preordered this, can't wait to play it tomorrow
August 27, 2012 @ 11:42 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

When do you get your pre ordered copy? in stores or through mail. Imma go tonight and cop it. im dead happy lol!

August 27, 2012 @ 11:45 PM
chrisparsons

I'll be picking mine up in store, playin' it all day tomorrow then I got a fantasy draft at night. Football all day haha
August 28, 2012 @ 12:26 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

i gotta cop tonight though my classes don't start until 10am tomorrow will be playing all night. What stores do you know that will be having the midnight release?

August 28, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
unknown force

Picking up tomorrow on dat pstriple. About time we get some rag doll in Madden
August 28, 2012 @ 08:46 PM
chrisparsons

Its pretty unreal, played a game earlier against a friend and was dope
August 28, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

playing it right now tight af! i hope they have team pro bowl helmets this year.

August 28, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
iNeedADab

still another madden game to me...
August 29, 2012 @ 02:27 PM
skivic35

Intro to the game with Ray Lewis is amazing..... and thats where the good parts stop. Franchise mode has been COMPLETELY taken out of the game. Instead, you have to play Career mode as a player or coach. It's annoying because it automatically chooses plays for you based on the gameplan for the week or you have to keep going back into the playbook screen when in reality it should start there. To progress players and coaches, you need to meet certain goals and use points earned to upgrade.

As far as gameplay goes, there is one HUGE glitch with the game. If you are running the ball and run into ANYONE who is defending a blocker, you are automatically tackled by a person who is being blocked. It literally shows the person go THROUGH the blocker. Then on defense, you can knock over the computers lineman but they magically get back up and continue blocking you.

The game is also not even compatable with NCAA Football...... I'm sorry, but I like having the real college players be imported into my Madden, not made up ones.

I prey EA Sports doesn't get to keep their exclusive rights because until then, Madden will continue having MAJOR glitches every year. I don't feel like paying $60 every year for a beta game.
August 29, 2012 @ 05:41 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

yeah there are a few glitches. this is my first madden game in 2 years so i can do overall its pretty good i mean its not gonna be a 2k5 but its still good. I just wished they would put in a "real" half time show and pre game show, commentary is getting better though.

August 29, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
unknown force

Commentary is a lot better I hated Gus he has one of the more annoying voices in sports. They changed the view in career mode as a player so it's not zoomed in which is nice
August 29, 2012 @ 06:46 PM
skivic35

But elimating Franchise Mode is retarded. I hate Career Mode, I don't want to choose plays from the gameplan.
August 30, 2012 @ 02:31 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

But elimating Franchise Mode is retarded. I hate Career Mode, I don't want to choose plays from the gameplan.

yeah taking away franchise was a L.

August 30, 2012 @ 11:07 PM
Gilly Suits

Things I need to know if they fixed:
-Do all QBs still have ridiculous release times where if you play the line, you have no way of blocking down the pass?
-Do my blockers actually block the right guy instead of being put into a block they probably wouldn't have done?
-Are kick returns finally returnable without having to run around like a fool?
-Do linebackers still jump 10 feet in the air to snag INTs?

Culective.com // twitch.tv/gillysuits

August 31, 2012 @ 01:48 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

Things I need to know if they fixed:
-Do all QBs still have ridiculous release times where if you play the line, you have no way of blocking down the pass?
-Do my blockers actually block the right guy instead of being put into a block they probably wouldn't have done?
-Are kick returns finally returnable without having to run around like a fool?
-Do linebackers still jump 10 feet in the air to snag INTs?

no its much easier to block passes from the DL
its iffy they do block assigned players but it fucks up when the CB doesnt have a man infornt of him and the FB doesnt block him, its an easy stop
yes its easier to return.
yup they didnt fix the superman jumping LBs

Please login first to reply.