Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 22, 2012 @ 01:50 AM
me>u

I realized it's time for me to grow some nuts and do what I enjoy.
Play video games and let my voice be heard.
So this thread is the "Road to becoming a Youtube Commentator."

My long term goal is to obviously get a partnership with Machinima and get some $
obviously. But that is not my main goal. My main goal is to basically let my voice be heard.
My opinions, my life, etc. And obviously some tips on games.

Obviously the main game I play is CoD so thats what i'll mostly play and
I don't believe im the best, but I know im up there. (No cockiness)

Hope you guys support me all the way and i'll def. give back once I make it up there, fams.

Now, my to-do list:

1. Get a PVR
2. Get a Mic
3. Learn how to use them
4. Learn how to edit videos
5. Not be boring

My Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GodBlessTheTrap?feature=mhee

(Subscribe and stay tuned)

instagram: funthera

June 22, 2012 @ 02:24 AM
Kamikaze

Good luck man, now you have something to do this summer cool
June 22, 2012 @ 04:56 AM
Trollinator

I can help you

I got a HD PVR

New I'll trade you for somethings or $

I want to see the world burn

June 22, 2012 @ 05:53 AM
christopher.

you're gonna need programs like Sony Vegas or an Adobe program for editing, and Audacity for voice recording. That's if you dont have those already.
June 22, 2012 @ 06:18 AM
aldrxn

Good luck Apache. And what Topher said, torrent those programs or something. Cause those programs are $$$.
June 22, 2012 @ 06:23 AM

Inactive

It's a lot harder than it sounds. Don't go in looking for money just enjoy it and if it happens it happens

June 22, 2012 @ 07:34 AM
falcon0

You got to have something that separates you from the rest. There's thousands of kids making COD videos, you either have to be amazing at the game or have some kind of niche.
June 22, 2012 @ 03:27 PM
me>u

I can help you

I got a HD PVR

New I'll trade you for somethings or $

What brand? and pics? You have a ps3, will it work for 360?

You got to have something that separates you from the rest. There's thousands of kids making COD videos, you either have to be amazing at the game or have some kind of niche.

I know im amazing at the game but i dont believe thats the main key to being successful.
I believe it's the attitude and the personality.

Good luck Apache. And what Topher said, torrent those programs or something. Cause those programs are $$$.

Thanks ma du. And yea, torrent ftw.

June 22, 2012 @ 03:49 PM
Pantic

A good viewer base from the start is key to succeeding in projects like this, and if you can get people from here to like and share your videos, just on youtube, then you have a fair chance of gaining some popularity. So good luck with it
June 22, 2012 @ 06:15 PM
Trollinator

hd pvr Hauppauge

Yes it will work for your PS3

June 22, 2012 @ 06:18 PM
jaded

I thought all the top guys were ditching Machinima because they screw you over?

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

June 22, 2012 @ 06:25 PM
scarlem

pseudoism.tumblr.com

June 22, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
christopher.

machinima keeps you in a long-ass contract which you can't leave. Even if one does join Machinima now, it wouldn't be the same as it was 2 years ago. there is hundreds of people on that channel doing the same thing for the same reason. Money. I suggest just doing your own thing away from Machinima.
June 22, 2012 @ 07:54 PM
me>u

mmmm i'll look into that. If the contract wants me to be in it for more than 2+ years, im out.

June 23, 2012 @ 05:27 AM
Trollinator

stay away from machinima, Anoj is fucked.

Just make your own channel.

June 23, 2012 @ 05:27 AM
Trollinator

yes it will work for your 360 troll

October 13, 2012 @ 05:36 AM
me>u

this aint dead im still workin on it.

in terms of editing and and voice recording i got a macbook pro for that.

for game recording im looking into the elgato capture (which has amazing quality)

but money is real tight for me right now so just hang on just a little.

I want to get everything in before BO2 cause i know thats when channels can get huge
but i dont think that'll happen since i still gotta buy an xbox (friend is selling it to me for $50)

October 13, 2012 @ 07:49 PM
Trollinator

WIll you speak because on your other game recording you were silent and awkward as fuck

October 13, 2012 @ 10:42 PM
me>u

WIll you speak because on your other game recording you were silent and awkward as fuck

Yea of course lol. I'll just prob talk about random stuff mostly.

The only time i'll talk about the game is if something funny happens or the release day of BO2.

October 13, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
craigsagersuit

Apache x RadBrad

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

October 13, 2012 @ 10:48 PM
至高

This road is really hard nowadays.. you gotta stick with it to the end or else you'll be sitting with a $200 HDPVR. Almost everyone wants to do this now cause people who started it early made it look so easy and rewarding.

Also another big obstacle is what to talk about, getting known, and other shit. Channels like Wings' are slowly dying because he admits he has no idea what the fuck to talk about. Getting known is another big issue...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

October 14, 2012 @ 02:45 AM
me>u

@soysaucenoodles Yea man I def. know it's been saturated a lot but im still willing to do it just because i think it'll be fun. Talk about things I feel like talking about. Hopefully HB can be my first subscribers/supporters!

October 14, 2012 @ 02:47 AM
me>u

@realgoon lol who's dat? a HB commentator?

October 14, 2012 @ 06:09 PM
AndreLutherKing

I'll watch your shit fam & tell you if you are alright. You might as well start uploading retro games or something until you have the resources to record Xbox games that way you can atleast start to get your name out there

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

October 14, 2012 @ 07:24 PM
th3kid

My cousin and I are working on doing this same thing. We're working on logos now. We're probably gonna be fully ready to go by start of next year. Much luck to you Apache bruh.
October 14, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
bjornvan

valdudes >>
Like someone said dude theres alot of COD commentators out there so you will have to be different.And most of the ones ive seen are pretty crappy.
but the reason i posted valdudes besides the hilarious video he does live streams quite often.You should look into that.
And dont be cheap bro.
October 14, 2012 @ 10:01 PM
me>u

My cousin and I are working on doing this same thing. We're working on logos now. We're probably gonna be fully ready to go by start of next year. Much luck to you Apache bruh.

Thanks bruh and def. goodluck to you and your cousin.

I'll watch your shit fam & tell you if you are alright. You might as well start uploading retro games or something until you have the resources to record Xbox games that way you can atleast start to get your name out there

Thanks fam and cant get started right now cause i dont even have an xbox lol. But i will very soon

October 15, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
AndreLutherKing

You can record most retro games through emulators pretty easily on your computer. People watch that type of shit if you do popular old games like Mario Bros or anything like that

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

October 17, 2012 @ 12:34 AM
AndreLutherKing

You got me wanting to do some LP's or something. I think I'm about to do like Kirby's Adventure or something that won't be hard to record.

November 17, 2012 @ 02:08 AM
me>u

bout to upload my first testing vid lol. recorded with my phone lol. just testing the waters.

Please login first to reply.