May 24, 2012 @ 04:15 AM
Iggle

Technically should be in the Entertainment section, but fuck it. I think its more relevant here.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/23/chronicle-director-to-make-shadow-of-the-colossus-movie
We knew Chronicle director Josh Trank was a big gamer from our recent interview with him, but now he's going to channel that passion for gaming into bringing Shadow of the Colossus to the big screen!

According to Deadline, Sony has signed the hot up-and-coming filmmaker to direct the movie and is out to writers to script the VFX-heavy film version of the popular game. Kevin Misher (Public Enemies, The Scorpion King) will produce.

Trank is also attached to the comic book movies Venom, Red Star and Fantastic Four Reborn.

Not sure how I feel about this. Fucking loved the game and I don't want to see it get the Super Mario, Street Fighter, Tomb Raider, etc treatment.

Besides, there was little to no story in the game so you could fill in the details yourself. Wonder what direction they're going to go with the movie.

#pedogangweindis

May 29, 2012 @ 09:53 AM
MrImFukNSleepN

One of my favorite games from ps2.
May 29, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
cestlavie

With a little effort this could easily become one of the best game based films
September 3, 2012 @ 07:39 AM
jmac100394

I feel like it should be more of an art house film, with very little dialogue, similar to valhalla rising. If executed right i think it could work
September 22, 2012 @ 03:41 PM
Samrai

theres a good enough story in it that they dont really need to add to it. just gonna have to figure out a way to make an epic "silent" movie basically llol

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt ≈ @NegronusPrime ≈ twitter

October 1, 2012 @ 04:49 AM
JStorm803

It would be better animated IMO.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

October 4, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
Jay_Bird

It would be better animated IMO.

yeah

but it would also be dope seeing a live action of a lil kid murking giant momters the size of skyscrapers
October 6, 2012 @ 04:57 AM
JStorm803

True..but only if they got the visuals of Avatar or Lord of the Rings.

October 8, 2012 @ 06:37 PM
selvedgejedi

please don't screw this up, one the of most original games that existed
October 8, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
bbcapone

Hmm this sounds like a disaster.One of the big draws was that the story was so sparse and ambiguous, you kind of filled it in yourself.
Miyazaki should do the movie, dream collabo!
October 10, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
JStorm803

Hmm this sounds like a disaster.One of the big draws was that the story was so sparse and ambiguous, you kind of filled it in yourself.
Miyazaki should do the movie, dream collabo!

YES..it'll be like Princess Mononoke 2 lol

Please login first to reply.