May 9, 2012 @ 12:40 AM

Inactive

There's a cut scene towards the end where Akiba and Meryl are engaging in this romantic dialogue at they're fighting off the sentries. Okay, first of all, who green lit this part of the script? It was absolutely awful, completely takes you out of what's going on. Also, Kojima made a big deal about being able to travel to different locations. However, once you arrive to the destinations, the areas are very linear and the missions are easy to complete. The Shadow Moses arc was awesome, but I was upset you couldn't explore the rest of the base.
May 9, 2012 @ 04:35 AM
Trollinator

Boland

I want to see the world burn

May 9, 2012 @ 05:42 AM
paulywalnuts

Boland

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum beanie

May 10, 2012 @ 01:43 AM
Striker

but yo Boland, i have a bone to pick with you bruh

while i agree that akiba scene with meryl was goofy af (and also the mount rushmore heads were goofy too) 4 was fucking great. it was a good wrap up despite holes in then plot, and the convinient surprise plot device appearance of Big Boss blaming everything on zero then conviniently dying (sylisitic or not - lol)

coulda been so much better, but i loved it

so wassup
May 10, 2012 @ 07:11 PM

Inactive

but yo Boland, i have a bone to pick with you bruh

while i agree that akiba scene with meryl was goofy af (and also the mount rushmore heads were goofy too) 4 was fucking great. it was a good wrap up despite holes in then plot, and the convinient surprise plot device appearance of Big Boss blaming everything on zero then conviniently dying (sylisitic or not - lol)

coulda been so much better, but i loved it

so wassup

You will have to be kidding me. MGS4 was far from great, don't even consider it canon in the series. There were so many things wrong with this game from the dialogue, the game play, difficulty level, repetitive boss battles. The plot was an incoherent mess, made no sense at all. Ninja Raiden "It even rained the day I was born!!!!!" Need I say more? They made Snake into a goofball with those over the top, campy cut scenes. They turned one of the baddest heroes in the history of gaming into a caricature. I will come back and drag MSG4 more, but I have a final to get to...

I don't know how I got to this state, let me out of my cage, 'cause I'm dyin'...

May 10, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
jawesome

For how anticipated it was, it sucked. But you whiny as fuck to be hating it that much. Channel that shit to that Ninja Raiden shit comin' out.

Instagram: prxsh

May 10, 2012 @ 10:10 PM
balto

I enjoyed it when it came out, haven't played it since though
May 11, 2012 @ 02:01 AM
unknown force

Still got this in the wrapper, non greatest hits version. Maybe this summer will be when I finally unbox it
May 12, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
Striker

You will have to be kidding me. MGS4 was far from great, don't even consider it canon in the series. There were so many things wrong with this game from the dialogue, the game play, difficulty level, repetitive boss battles. The plot was an incoherent mess, made no sense at all. Ninja Raiden "It even rained the day I was born!!!!!" Need I say more? They made Snake into a goofball with those over the top, campy cut scenes. They turned one of the baddest heroes in the history of gaming into a caricature. I will come back and drag MSG4 more, but I have a final to get to...

gameplay was fluid though
- Campy scenes an dialogue i cant front on
- Raiden was useless (been f****ng stuff up since 2)
- get to that final because tbh, we could keep debating bruh
and repetitive boss battles is true too

4 was the weakest of the series tbh, but saying it aint canon is crazy

i respect that opinion though
May 12, 2012 @ 06:54 AM

Inactive

I

If you don't refute that it's a weak game, why do you defend it? Also, wanted to clarify that I thought the boss battles were brilliant. However, the way their backstories were told (by Drebin) was repetitive and lazy. Didn't want that taken out of context. I will agree that there were flashes of greatness (ie Shadow Moses, the final arc, Naomi's death, weapon customizing) that were eclipsed by utter shit (ie: Ninja!Raiden, Raiden's family reunion, Meryl/Johhny subplot, Snake crawling through the OVEN, linear/short missions overtaken by 8665445987754226 hour cutscenes, did I mention Raidenconfused

But you cool people, Striker. You can have a mature discussion.

I don't know how I got to this state, let me out of my cage, 'cause I'm dyin'...

May 12, 2012 @ 11:08 AM
adoboFosho

peace walker > mgs3 > mgs4 tho

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

May 12, 2012 @ 08:14 PM
Bubbs619

Peace Walker was weak, still yet to finish it. Although 4 was weak in gameplay, it more or less made up for it with the last two Acts. There will be no better feeling as an MGS player than going back to Shadow Moses and piloting REX, rapidly pressing a button after the Mantis battle to get Snake through that Microwave hall, and finally fighting your brother/rival on top of a death machine with all the previous game styles being incorporated, and all the other memorable moments that happened in between. Also to be honest, if you took away Raiden's corny image and dialogue, his story would've been pretty good. Sure MGS4 wasnt as good as 1,2, or 3 but it was still a good way to finish the series, especially in this generation where casual gamers are being catered to more than ever

Metal Gear Rising is going to be complete and utter shit though
May 13, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
Striker

I

If you don't refute that it's a weak game, why do you defend it? Also, wanted to clarify that I thought the boss battles were brilliant. However, the way their backstories were told (by Drebin) was repetitive and lazy. Didn't want that taken out of context. I will agree that there were flashes of greatness (ie Shadow Moses, the final arc, Naomi's death, weapon customizing) that were eclipsed by utter shit (ie: Ninja!Raiden, Raiden's family reunion, Meryl/Johhny subplot, Snake crawling through the OVEN, linear/short missions overtaken by 8665445987754226 hour cutscenes, did I mention Raidenconfused

But you cool people, Striker. You can have a mature discussion.

you cool too bruh, but no while it seems that i dont' refute but defend it, its because your last post just summed it up pretty much how i think about 4, minus the oven scene, which i really thought was ill, for me it was 50/50. Like you said, there were brilliant parts, the best being SM island, specially that flashback before snake wakes up in the heli, and then there were things like Raiden stopping GW with just his arms, and basically everything else you mentioned that made me feel like "Lol Wat, why was this included".

yeah man, like i said, it could've been so much better.

and i agree with bubbs, Rising will be so terrible.
May 13, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
Shoutbox

this game was great, still is great, when i get another ps3 ill prolly end up beating it again.

the fan service was crazy in mgs4, the gameplay was on point and the story was not the greatest but imo better than mgs2. i mean you can pick at the small things like the corniness in raidens and meryls story arc but the good far outweighs the bad and therefore it cant suck.

anyone play metal gear online?
May 13, 2012 @ 05:43 AM
jawesome

Raiden been fucking up since MGS2? You a fag if you didn't fuck with this fight. Oh wait doe.

Instagram: prxsh

May 13, 2012 @ 06:18 PM
Striker

Raiden been fucking up since MGS2? You a fag if you didn't fuck with this fight. Oh wait doe.

just because he had two good fights dont mean shit overall LOL
May 13, 2012 @ 06:46 PM
bruh

Raiden >>>>>>>>>>>>>

To be honest the only game I really didn't fuck with that much was Snake Eater.
May 13, 2012 @ 07:43 PM

Inactive

Oh, please, that battle was weak as shit. Doesn't take that much effort to learn his attack patterns, and it's cake taking him out in two minutes. Raiden's a weak, cotton head punk

Now Snake vs. Liquid on top of Rex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (not the shitty twin snakes verson)

May 13, 2012 @ 08:48 PM
Striker

twin snakes version fight > Ps1 version
Imo though
May 13, 2012 @ 09:28 PM

Inactive

Imo though

Please tell me you're trolling with that statement. Otherwise hand in your fan card. lol

May 14, 2012 @ 03:33 AM
Shoutbox

boland i dont know why you trippin on the difficulty of the games, IMO the metal gear series has never been THAT difficult. not to me atleast. to me the difficulty has pretty much remained the same throughout the series, every game has a part or two thats harder or easier.
May 14, 2012 @ 04:40 AM
Striker

Imo though

Please tell me you're trolling with that statement. Otherwise hand in your fan card. lol

Lol! yeah man, not serious, something about the original cant top TS, although the grapic update was a nice touch
May 14, 2012 @ 10:53 AM
xVILLN

Tbh,Twin Snakes did do the MGS series justice.I'll admit that they cut a few small details out,but overall it was a great remake.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

May 14, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
cavidy

I agree with you villn twin snakes did do mgs some justice and it was a great remake
May 14, 2012 @ 09:58 PM
Striker

Tbh,Twin Snakes did do the MGS series justice.I'll admit that they cut a few small details out,but overall it was a great remake.

Dont get me wrong, i liked it alot, specially the implementation of the dogtags, and First Person View, but small things like Snake jumping over missles in bullet time was a little wack to me.

But tbh, the change in Mei Lings Voice actor didnt bother me.
May 15, 2012 @ 01:45 AM

Inactive

Twin Snakes lacked the intensity and urgency in the original PSX version. David Hayter basically phoned in his performance, and the rest of the voice acting was less than stellar. Let's not even get into how they completely overhauled the orignal (musical) score. You also mentioned Snake doing those corny back flips and other out of character things that Snake wouldn't do.

It was a watered down reboot using the MGS2 engine.

-looks for Gamecube

May 15, 2012 @ 02:59 AM
Striker

Lol damn B, i forgot about the score, i dont think Williams did it, and even if he did i wasnt crazy about it, the VA'ing didnt really bother me, it felt the same as the Og version, tbh, i have to play them once again to really compare, been a long time

what ruined it though for me was Snake becoming an acrobat, my god that was hollywood corny, fuck that.

and SoL is my leas favorite, although i like it alot, just haaaaaaate playing as Raiden. To ads to that, Rose bitching in your ear about some special day thats today? Homegirl, i'm on a mission in the middle of the ocean wtf.

Please login first to reply.