Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
April 27, 2012 @ 07:09 PM
iamcameronmoore

I really only game these days competitively, MW3, League of Legends, FIFA Street here and there.
I played Halo 2 and 3, and Smash Bros Melee in actual MLG and other league tournaments in Toronto and Montreal.

As far as competing, I'm waiting on DotA 2, and Diablo 3.

Anyone relate to MLG style gameplay?

Here's a dope vid of the best Halo 3 team that I met playing in Toronto in 2009:

http://thenumberviii.com

May 3, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
PERFECT WHITE MALE

The Halo 2/early Halo 3 era of MLG was dope. SSBM was alright I guess, Mango and Armada were beasts I enjoyed watching some of their games. I spent more of my time playing MvC2 and SF3 and watching that though.
May 3, 2012 @ 09:59 PM
Andross

never actually competed though i have no doubts that i could have if i wanted to... i never really knew how one goes about that kind of thing, and i was always way more into gaming than my friends. you have any footage of yourself playing? just curious, you seem pretty accomplished hah
that said, i still enjoy mlg and such as a spectator. don't really follow any though, and the only one i watch with any degree of regularity is starcraft 2
May 4, 2012 @ 02:31 PM
iamcameronmoore

As far as professional footage, I never really got close enough to be filmed. I was good enough to compete, and last through some dope matches, but not good enough that my team was highlighted for MLG videos.

I might have some independent FRAPS of my old Counterstrike matches, Jedi Academy TDMs, and Lineage II PVP. But no console footage at all.

I'm hosting a Halo 2 or Halo 3, and Melee party for all of my gamer friends sometime soon. The cool part is we're all gamers but we also play sports and have social lives. I never really spent a LOT of time gaming, I only played games to compete and wouldn't play if I couldn't get good at it in a short amount of time.

http://thenumberviii.com

May 4, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
ramos0927

I've been doing Gb's for cod since mw2. And as far as lan wise I'll be doing my first one this month.
May 4, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
esjay

i used to play but stopped , shit took up too much time

MY FS THREAD , CHEAP ASS SHIT : http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/178540/

May 4, 2012 @ 11:18 PM
shakintheD

ugh, halo 2 mlg was at its greatest. rip final boss~
May 4, 2012 @ 11:54 PM
Shammgod

I played MLG Halo 2 and Halo 3. In Halo 3 I used to sell lvl 50s in MLG for easy money. I even bought that Astro A40 headset and a viewsonic monitor. I still have a ton of clips on my harddrive of shit I was gonna put in a montage, but never got around to it. Haven't played much halo (or even xbox) in the past year. Hopefully Halo 4 will respark my interest in MLG.
May 5, 2012 @ 01:50 AM
aldrxn

Played GB on COD4 and MW2. I was pretty good but not pro status.
May 5, 2012 @ 02:07 AM
Z

I actually was a ref for GB twice. Once when Gears of War first came out for that ladder, and once again last year for Halo Reach. It was a waste of time. No pay, no benefit. I just thought it would be fun, it was, but they require too much time for each ref to be active every week. I think they abolished the referee roll in on the site now. I don't know, haven't been on there since I stopped reffing sometime last year.

I like the forums on GB though. Cool people there.

The MLG scene was something I really wanted to be a part of. But the circuit never comes to DC so it kinda sucks. When Halo 4 comes out I might get back into it. I like to think I'm well above average in gaming, but no where near Semi-Pro. I always hit this plateau where I just couldn't get any better. I think its because in order to be a pro, you have to basically have no life at some point in your career in order to sharpen your skills.

I was more of a support player anyway...

When in doubt, show that bitch your Slurpee cup collection.

Please login first to reply.