Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
March 14, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
DStyles

After finally picking up a copy of Skyrim, I can say that TES is by far my favorite RPG series out of the ones I have played.

Planning on picking up morrowing for the og Xbox.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

March 14, 2012 @ 12:06 AM
UFO..

The Fallout series, to me it blows elder scrolls away by miles, the story is just more intersting, and plus there's guns so combat, is a lot different, harder at some points easier at some points
March 14, 2012 @ 12:09 AM
xVILLN

For western rpgs,Mass Effect.
For Japanese RPG's I'd have to go with the GOAT Chrono Trigger,Zelda,and the Kingdom Hearts series.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

March 14, 2012 @ 12:18 AM
Gilly Suits

Kingdom Hearts will always have a special place with me

Culective.com //

March 14, 2012 @ 12:22 AM
Djarum

Dark Souls by far
March 14, 2012 @ 12:35 AM
sirloin

KH for me
March 14, 2012 @ 01:51 AM
overtheradar

Anyone ever play Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars? Sounds cheesy I know, but game was very dope.

Tactics Ogre series was pretty cool too.

Hoever this game is still ultimate favorite duuu

Revelations: The Demon Slayer (Shin Megami Tensei)

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

March 14, 2012 @ 01:52 AM
muccigane

After finally picking up a copy of Skyrim, I can say that TES is by far my favorite RPG series out of the ones I have played.

Planning on picking up morrowing for the og Xbox.

I love shitty dialogue that has absolutely no influence on the story and is basically 4 different generic ways of saying the same thing. And running around doing shitty fetch quests. And don't get me started on how amazing the combat is in all the games. Damn so good. TES definitely the best.
March 14, 2012 @ 01:53 AM
muccigane

But on a serious note. Mass Effect 1 and 2, but 3 was just terrible.
March 14, 2012 @ 02:44 AM
DStyles

The Fallout series, to me it blows elder scrolls away by miles, the story is just more intersting, and plus there's guns so combat, is a lot different, harder at some points easier at some points

I like how you can pick out a certain part of their body to target in fallout but I just hate running out of ammo and going and an Easter hunt trying to find some ammo.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

March 14, 2012 @ 08:57 AM
xVILLN

Anyone ever play Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars? Sounds cheesy I know, but game was very dope.

Tactics Ogre series was pretty cool too.

Hoever this game is still ultimate favorite duuu

Revelations: The Demon Slayer (Shin Megami Tensei)

cool

March 14, 2012 @ 12:37 PM
th3kid

But on a serious note. Mass Effect 1 and 2. 3 was just terrible.

wat?

Anyway, for me, probably FF. FF8 was my favorite. It's the only game I still have for my PS1 cool Zelda is incredibly dope too.

Someone put me on to Chrono Trigger. Is it really as dope as everyone hypes it up to be?
March 14, 2012 @ 02:07 PM
Norrin Radd

Zelda is still my favorite

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

March 14, 2012 @ 02:52 PM
WPGMB

KH, still waiting on the third. pokemon (just the first two), skyrim and borderlands
March 14, 2012 @ 03:25 PM
THiZZ

Someone put me on to Chrono Trigger. Is it really as dope as everyone hypes it up to be?

You can get it on PSN right now at a discount price because it won an award. And yes it is that good. I don't know about the series because i personally think Chrono Cross was horrible as a game. It may be hard to appreciate as far as graphics go but if you think about it being done on the SNES it's pretty impressive for its time and the story just draws you in...
March 14, 2012 @ 05:35 PM
muccigane

wat?

Mass Effect 3 took out everything that made 1 and 2 great games. They severely reduced the amount of dialogue choices you could make, plus they got rid of the neutral choice(Not really a big deal, but still. It feels like they're funneling you more). The lip syncing is really bad and the way the character speak is now really clunky at some points. Plus some shit in the game just doesn't make fucking sense.(I would explain but that would give spoilers.) Also, all three of the endings of the game are the exact fucking same as well.

They did make the combat a little more fun, but the cooldown system they implemented just ruins it. Every class becomes incredibly over powered because of it. Especially Vanguard, Sentinel, Engineer, and Adept. I played the game on insanity as Vanguard and it was no challenge. I died maybe 3 legit times, and 10 or so more just because of the stupid instant kills they put in the game.
March 14, 2012 @ 08:18 PM
Iggle

favorite series is a tie between Mass Effect and Kingdom Hearts

chrono trigger was dope as fuck but i'm not going to include that for just the 1 game. and that mario RPG on the SNES was my favorite game for a while.

won't say the FF series either cause its not really a true series, but they have a bunch of good games

#pedogangweindis

March 14, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
Iggle

wat?

Mass Effect 3 took out everything that made 1 and 2 great games. They severely reduced the amount of dialogue choices you could make, plus they got rid of the neutral choice(Not really a big deal, but still. It feels like they're funneling you more). The lip syncing is really bad and the way the character speak is now really clunky at some points. Plus some shit in the game just doesn't make fucking sense.(I would explain but that would give spoilers.) Also, all three of the endings of the game are the exact fucking same as well.

They did make the combat a little more fun, but the cooldown system they implemented just ruins it. Every class becomes incredibly over powered because of it. Especially Vanguard, Sentinel, Engineer, and Adept. I played the game on insanity as Vanguard and it was no challenge. I died maybe 3 legit times, and 10 or so more just because of the stupid instant kills they put in the game.

i can't even fathom how that's possible. i played as an adept on insanity and died too many fucking times. there were times where it was just too hard so i had to lower the difficulty (last fight with Kai Lang, endless wave of enemies when protecting the missile, etc)

#pedogangweindis

March 14, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
flameon

http://baldursgate.com/

hype.
March 14, 2012 @ 09:15 PM
muccigane

wat?

i can't even fathom how that's possible. i played as an adept on insanity and died too many fucking times. there were times where it was just too hard so i had to lower the difficulty (last fight with Kai Lang, endless wave of enemies when protecting the missile, etc)

Equip only a pistol, get +200% cool down. All your abilities get like a .5 second cool down. Just spam the fuck out of throw as adept.

Also the Kai Leng fight, I just spammed biotic charge, then nova'd. Eveything next to me would just die or fly to the walls with 1 bar of health left. Teammates would just finish them off.
March 14, 2012 @ 10:03 PM
xVILLN

You can get it on PSN right now at a discount price because it won an award. And yes it is that good. I don't know about the series because i personally think Chrono Cross was horrible as a game. It may be hard to appreciate as far as graphics go but if you think about it being done on the SNES it's pretty impressive for its time and the story just draws you in...

This,plus the music is excellent.

March 14, 2012 @ 10:33 PM
xVILLN

Lunar Legend was a classic cool

March 14, 2012 @ 10:52 PM
Kayv

Lunar for the PS1 was fuckin great. But best RPG of ALL time is Chrono Trigger. Fuck outta here fuck boy.
March 14, 2012 @ 11:45 PM
califoreigner

Dark Souls by far

kings field games were pretty inaccessible imo.

i'd go with diablo from the west. hard to say for jrpg considering most of the greats never made it overseas (mother 3, seiken densetsu 3, etc).

pokemon
March 15, 2012 @ 12:20 AM
mmm_nene

mass effect trilogy
the witcher 1 and 2 and waitin on that number 3
final fantasy 7 and 10
zelda ocarina of time
diablo 2
fallout 3

and F the bitchass hating on me3. mass effect 3 was the best of the 3. only thing that sucked about it was that it didnt give me a fuckin krogan partner. ending made me cry MMMMMMMMMM sheparddddddd.
March 15, 2012 @ 12:35 AM
Ghidorah

Earthbound ( Mother 2)
Star Wars: Kotor
Demon Souls > Dark Souls
Dark Cloud 1 and 2
Zelda OoT
Zelda Wind Waker
Fallout 3 > Fallout NV
TES Skyrim
Chrono Cross
FF Tactics (only FF game I like)
Diablo 2
PoPoLoCrois
March 15, 2012 @ 12:37 AM
chief

i dont think a game has ever captured my attention more than the first time i played this

•••

March 15, 2012 @ 12:38 AM

Inactive

tough but either

mother series
FF 9,8,7,10
chrono trigger
persona 4

mother 3 was awesome. actually gonna replay it on my psp now

i'm sure theres more thats just what i can think of off top
March 15, 2012 @ 12:41 AM
muccigane

mass effect trilogy
the witcher 1 and 2 and waitin on that number 3
final fantasy 7 and 10
zelda ocarina of time
diablo 2
fallout 3

and F the bitchass hating on me3. mass effect 3 was the best of the 3. only thing that sucked about it was that it didnt give me a fuckin krogan partner. ending made me cry MMMMMMMMMM sheparddddddd.

Yeah, I missed Wrex and Grunt. sad

But seriously tho, all the endings were the same. And the way they explained the plot of the whole story at the end was terrible.
March 15, 2012 @ 01:06 AM
mmm_nene

Yeah, I missed Wrex and Grunt. sad

But seriously tho, all the endings were the same. And the way they explained the plot of the whole story at the end was terrible.

the reapers are just synthetics with super advanced AI and they dont understand organics at all. thats what shepard was saying at the end. thats why they so dumb and think they have to wipe out advanced organics every 50k years and leave only the primitives. they think they have to do this, so that other synthetics like the geth dont get super advanced like the reapers did and completely wipe out every single organic in the galaxy to take it over.

the reapers probably wiped out a galaxy of all organic life a long time ago, so they felt guilty and came to the milky way to save us organics from synthetic doooooooooooom by putting us in a 50k year cycle. BUT NOOO MOTHERFUCKER SHEPARD HERE THIS CYCLE

thats how i do it, make shit up in my head so it all makes sense. im a genius.

Please login first to reply.