Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 11, 2011 @ 04:09 AM
xVILLN

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

December 11, 2011 @ 03:55 PM
th3kid

This is why Spider-Man is the most failed superhero. Shit like this. smh
December 11, 2011 @ 04:04 PM
thepat

why couldn't they just do like the old xbox ps2 spiderman ....

open world with sick villains ...

nah, lets throw some robots in the mix smfh
December 13, 2011 @ 03:27 AM
JStorm803

Hyped for this and yeah, I hope it's open world like it was on Spiderman 2

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

December 14, 2011 @ 05:45 AM
jaeyoung

What the fuck is this. The only superhero games that were worth my time are Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Every other feels and plays like the same ol' cheesy ass superhero platformer with no plot development and/or decent game mechanics. Rocksteady Studios needs to team up with Marvel and release a sick Spider-man game.
December 14, 2011 @ 07:04 AM
xVILLN

^ Indeed.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

December 14, 2011 @ 12:54 PM
9inchesofsole

Rocksteady needs to do a Wolverine video game.
March 14, 2012 @ 03:14 PM
9inchesofsole

Amazing Spider-Man Borrows from Arkham City
The Amazing Spider-Man game is looking good, and that might have something to do with it looking like Batman: Arkham City. A demo from Spider-Man developer Beenox was going pretty much by the numbers -- open world to websling in, red and blue tights, etc. -- and then it went indoors

From the ceiling, Spider-Man could hang and use a new power called "web rush" to execute stealth takedowns. Each enemy has a color indicator to specify their awareness of ol' webhead. And if you choose, Spidey can throw himself right into the fray with Arkham City-like attacks (complete with a multiplier counter and similar dodge counters). Heck, if you suck, Spider-Man takes damage and his suit degrades over time. Sound familiar?

My time watching Peter Parker in action was actually my first exposure to the Amazing Spider-Man, a game set in the movie universe after the events of the film and penned by Battlestar Galactica writer Seamus Fahey. As of now, not too many details are known about the premise, other than certain events reveal Peter Parker's "untold story." Oh, and Rhino and the newly announced Iguana are two of the main enemies Spider-Man will face.

I'm excited to see the open world, go anywhere Spider-Man gameplay return, although I couldn't shake how much Time Square reminds me of the version found in Prototype from a couple years ago. Some could argue that they look similar because of the locale, and there's no confirmation regarding if the game is using the same environment as Prototype with a fresh "paint job." Regardless, the city makes for some opportune webslinging moments -- amplified by the new camera position that follows right behind Spidey's movements. It's a cool effect, as long as you aren't prone to motion sickness.

Web rush is another new introduction developer Beenox is touting. It is a mode Spidey enters for the sake of slowing down time to make navigation decisions. With one button press, the game displays a destination Spider-Man can parkour and websling to with a yellow icon. This can come in handy if you quickly want to get to precise locations. A Beenox developer took Spidey from a rooftop to the top of a lamp post without having to manually direct the hero. By continuously mashing the web rush button, Spider-Man quickly maneuvered through Manhattan. Right now, the web rush movements look too jerky and unnatural when used this quickly. I was told that players will have a cool down period in retail version of the game, but the ability is upgradable.

As players navigate through Manhattan, random opportunities will appear. Aside from Peter Parker being sent on various photo missions, Beenox showcased a "police deadlock." In the demo, the NYPD was chasing a perp, and the only way to stop the bad guy was to web rush on top of the criminal's car and successfully complete a quick-time event. More random missions are in the game, but these are all that I saw.

Sadly, Beenox also didn't let me know who is voicing Spider-Man. Activision has yet to announce the voice actors for the game, but I'm hoping they can nab some notable people preferably from the Amazing Spider-Man film itself.

Curious to see how Batman fans will react once they get their hands on this game? I'm actually eager to try it out for myself, as it looked fun but I won't know until I play it. What do you think of the comparison? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, and then check out all our info on the Amazing Spider-Man, including news on the game's new villain, Iguana.

March 15, 2012 @ 07:23 AM
SoulBrotha

hopefully it will be as fun as Ultimate Spider-man
which imo was the last good spiderman game

Big Belts

March 15, 2012 @ 07:30 PM
Trollinator

I haven't play a spiderman game since I had a ps2.

I don't know whether to pick this one or none at all.

I want to see the world burn

March 22, 2012 @ 04:22 AM
JStorm803

hopefully it will be as fun as Ultimate Spider-man
which imo was the last good spiderman game

Truth.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

June 27, 2012 @ 11:26 AM
9inchesofsole

Game is alright so far. But they got the swinging through NYC on lock.
June 27, 2012 @ 07:51 PM
Kamikaze

Game is alright so far. But they got the swinging through NYC on lock.

Agreed
July 4, 2012 @ 07:03 PM
KDeezy

Is it any good? I played other ones and they were repetitive as hell

Selling Supreme- CDG, Olive Lodge, Snakeskin, Ikat, Ripstop, Rare Blue and Black Checkered - http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/175307/

July 4, 2012 @ 10:39 PM
Kamikaze

Is it any good? I played other ones and they were repetitive as hell

it's okay... not spider-man 2
July 26, 2012 @ 07:45 PM
meZzedupdream

anyone play the iPhone version?

Please login first to reply.