FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
September 18, 2011 @ 02:30 PM
jaeyoung

I recently bought a Sony VAIO laptop and it is starting to crash on me. The problem isn't bothersome as it only happens on specific occasion, but I really need to find out why. After about two weeks of owning my laptop, I started hearing some clicking noises on the right side of the laptop. I confronted this with Sony technicians and I've been told that it is my hard drive disk failing. I checked my hard drive if there were any problems with a "Hard Drive Disk test" and nothing came up. I recovered my laptop back to it's factory settings and the clicking noises continued. After two more weeks, I found that my computer crashes. I would have to be running on the computer battery/not attached to the AC adapter, and I would have to be watching a YouTube video/listening to music when it happens. My computer screen will turn to black and it will restart. Upon restart, I will get a Windows message about the problem saying it's a blue screen of death.

What the hell do I do
September 18, 2011 @ 02:46 PM
Cholula

Your hard drive is busted. Buy a new one for ~40 i think it is

edit: nvm they're pretty fucking expensive
September 18, 2011 @ 02:59 PM
jaeyoung

Oh wow. I'm confused as to why my hard drive is broken. I had this for a month and I have never done anything severe to this laptop.
September 18, 2011 @ 03:03 PM
EC

im not too sure man that sucks. should of got a mac.
September 18, 2011 @ 03:54 PM
airforce416

im not too sure man that sucks. should of got a mac.

This. Mac dont crack.

Posted via netbook running Windows 7
September 18, 2011 @ 04:00 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

PCs r 4 faggots
September 18, 2011 @ 04:04 PM
CrackPipeLips

axe cam'ron, he gets computers putin
September 18, 2011 @ 04:33 PM
hypoh

warranty?
September 18, 2011 @ 04:42 PM
YK-

If you're going to replace it...and an SSD is an option. Get that shit.
September 18, 2011 @ 10:02 PM
unknown force.

did you buy the laptop brand new?

could of been dropped previously
September 20, 2011 @ 10:10 AM
jaeyoung

did you buy the laptop brand new?

could of been dropped previously

Brand new.
September 20, 2011 @ 03:21 PM

Inactive

yeah, everybody knows that mac's dont have HDDs.
Co-fucking sign
Ignorant bigotry aside, if it's new it should still be covered under warranty. Check your warranty documentation to see if mechanical failures are covered. If you threw away the warranty documentation, it should be on their website.
October 18, 2011 @ 04:36 AM
jaeyoung

This is really pissing me off. I waited a week to get the new hard drive under Sony's warranty and I broke my back trying to replace the hard drive. After I did it, I waited three hours to recover Windows and all the factory setting shit I needed for my laptop. The first thing I do is check if the computer still crashes when it's not connected to the AC Adapter while listening to audio/watching videos.

It still crashes. It goes into a black screen repeating this obnoxious noise over and over until it restarts on it's own. So now I find out that the computer's problem is nothing to do with the hard drive... yet why do I still hear clicking noises? It's coming from the bottom right which is EXACTLY where the hard drive is located. I've been told it can either be the fan or the optical disk drive but the fan is on the opposite side and it is running fine. And why on earth would the optical disk drive have a correlation with my crashing problem?

I need to diagnose this problem because I ran out of patience to ship this back and get it fixed in a week's time.
October 18, 2011 @ 08:08 PM
Gilly Suits

LOLz you know what it is you got the CAPI2 error check your crash log. CAPI2 happens with 2 things when you run something that needs certification or sometimes when Windows updates it doesn't recognize hardware that it use to for awhile. I've had this error for a year now off and on. It's a self correcting error as updates happen but it sucks. This is so funny though because it took me a year to figure this out (sent computer to HP they did the same thing then it still crashed so I check error logs and tested everything) and I can finally share this with someone not on a computer site.

Culective.com //

October 18, 2011 @ 10:10 PM
Norrin Radd

<p>im not too sure man that sucks. should of got a mac.</p>

Yes because macs have some sort of space hdd that is impossible to break

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

October 18, 2011 @ 11:26 PM
ba sọc đỏ

it might be that one of your RAM memory sticks is fried. you can run a memory diagnostics test or replace your memory sticks to see if they fix the problem. as for the clicking noise, i have no idea.
October 20, 2011 @ 01:15 PM
DStyles

<p>im not too sure man that sucks. should of got a mac.</p>

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

October 20, 2011 @ 02:53 PM
InfamousZero

so he really should ave gotten a mac. LOL the irony.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off Lucasj : I drink milk like it's nut

Please login first to reply.