September 28, 2011 @ 08:47 PM
The Music Man

Judging by the beta only it seems like you can't have a true battlefield game on console.

?

does this mean i should stick with COD?
September 28, 2011 @ 09:04 PM
califoreigner

why is everyone so quick to jump to conclusions? operation metro is probably one of the only maps that's infantry based. you haven't seen nothing yet. i wouldn't expect the graphics to be leaps and bounds beyond what they are here considering it comes out in less than a month. they'll probably just be working on ironing out the bugs, but honestly i'm not complaining. i've been enjoying the shit out of it already and the graphics aren't nearly as bad as some are making it seem.
September 28, 2011 @ 09:28 PM
calintz

?

does this mean i should stick with COD?

nah, just means that the console version, as crippled as it is compared to the pc version, is still better than the full cod experience on consoles

on the real, fuck this fanboyism... get what your friends be playing, cod or bf3
September 28, 2011 @ 09:29 PM
The Music Man

nah, just means that the console version, as crippled as it is compared to the pc version, is still better than the full cod experience on consoles

alright cool thanks cool
September 28, 2011 @ 11:43 PM
Krazy Sauce

Anyone know when the beta is going to drop later today?

slprlookout.com

September 28, 2011 @ 11:57 PM
The Music Man

Anyone know when the beta is going to drop later today?

this is speculation, but

www.enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=4513&sid=eaefecb988280e58292afee493070c9d
September 29, 2011 @ 12:18 AM
Trollinator

early access beta
time zones for early access:
Nz - 1:00 am 28th
aus - 10:00 pm 27th
sweden - 2:00 pm 27th
gmt - 12:00 pm 27th
us eastern - 8:00 am 27th
us central - 7:00 am 27th
us mountain - 6:00 am 27th
us pacific - 5:00 am 27th

open beta
nz - 1:00 am 30th
aus - 10:00 pm 29th
sweden - 2:00 pm 29th
gmt - 12:00 pm 29th
us eastern - 8:00 am 29th
us central - 7:00 am 29th
us mountain - 6:00 am 29th
us pacific - 5:00 am 29th

twitter.com/#!/ea_australia/status/118217369570131968
---
xbl gt: Reliefwithbeef
psn: Reliefwithbeef

cool

I want to see the world burn

September 29, 2011 @ 02:01 AM
MrImFukNSleepN

Chill out you little fanboy.

Im just saying the graphic looks mediocre.

Lmfao, Dice stated that the beta would not include all graphical features. There's still a lot of polishing and bugs they need to tweak. Other than the polishing and tweaks that need to be done I don't have any issues with the graphics.

-ps3

If you want easy knives/dogtags run around the outskirts of the map and you'll most likely find a couple bitch ass snipers in the bushes, lol.
September 29, 2011 @ 04:30 AM
im_shy

apparently you can play conquest on caspian border in the beta. but you need a password to get in, & the password changes everyday. rumor is the map will be unlocked for everyone to play later in the beta.

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Battlefield+3+beta+caspian%2C+today&aq=f

coolcoolcool
September 29, 2011 @ 08:36 AM
The Music Man

is this up yet?
September 29, 2011 @ 11:24 AM
JAMES

Add me on Origin - FPSxJAMES

September 29, 2011 @ 03:42 PM
The Music Man

had high expectations but was severely let down. This is not the game that will kill COD.

how did it let you down?
September 29, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
calintz

lol

September 29, 2011 @ 07:36 PM
im_shy

lol, i guess im the only one here who enjoyed the beta so far.
kills are rewarding i think, you have to work to control your recoil & stay on target. and just the way the guns sounds is satisfying. ps3 graphics arent shit, but definitely not as epic in the pc gameplay trailers they've released.
this rush gamemode is kind of annoying though. as the next section of the map is unlocked, the defending team usually just camps the choke points as the attacking team comes through. razz
September 29, 2011 @ 07:39 PM
Relax.

lol, i guess im the only one here who enjoyed the beta so far.
kills are rewarding i think, you have to work to control your recoil & stay on target. and just the way the guns sounds is satisfying. ps3 graphics arent shit, but definitely not as epic in the pc gameplay trailers they've released.
this rush gamemode is kind of annoying though. as the next section of the map is unlocked, the defending team usually just camps the choke points as the attacking team comes through. razz

That's how you play rush b.
They're defending...
September 29, 2011 @ 07:42 PM
im_shy

but like when you're going into the subway, theres people just sitting there w/sniper rifles. it pisses me off. im not saying it should be easy for attackers to get to the mcom stations, but it should be easier to get into the next section of each rush map.

also, has anyone else's screen turned blue when they respawn?
September 29, 2011 @ 09:28 PM
jaded

I've been playing for quite a bit today on PS3 and so far I feel like the game deserves maybe a C+ or B-.

I hate what they've done with the menus, the menus from Bad Company 2 were much better and easier to navigate. Just changing the scope on your gun is such a pain in the ass now.

The flashlight is stupid and has way too much of a negative effect on your sight, even from far away.

I don't like that the weapons available to you is based on which side you are on. Why can't I use my favorite gun on both sides?

I can hear everyone talking, regardless of if they're in my squad or not, and there is no way to mute them that I have found. That is really annoying. Hopefully that is just a beta mistake.

A regular match feels like hardcore to me. It seems like after 1 or 2 shots I'm down. Overall, the weapons balance seems off.

I know this is just a beta, and just one map at that, but right now it seems to be BC2 with slightly better graphics. I don't know that they've improved it all that much.

I'll probably still pick it up, because it's a better FPS than any CoD games in my opinion, but overall the beta hasn't blown me away like I was hoping it would.

but like when you're going into the subway, theres people just sitting there w/sniper rifles. it pisses me off. im not saying it should be easy for attackers to get to the mcom stations, but it should be easier to get into the next section of each rush map.

also, has anyone else's screen turned blue when they respawn?

That tunnel gets camped all to hell. If you are on a squad that can't break through, you're pretty much fucked.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

September 29, 2011 @ 09:33 PM
jaded

apparently you can play conquest on caspian border in the beta. but you need a password to get in, & the password changes everyday. rumor is the map will be unlocked for everyone to play later in the beta.

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Battlefield+3+beta+caspian%2C+today&aq=f

coolcoolcool

Just on PC though right?

September 29, 2011 @ 09:48 PM
chex

doesnt live up to the hype at all... they better make some drastic changes if they wanna be the cod killer
September 29, 2011 @ 10:27 PM
jaded

I also don't see an option to change your kit prior to a round starting, am I missing something, or is that the case?

September 29, 2011 @ 11:46 PM
Trollinator

played for 3 hours so

first off

!. The graphics look alright(beta only) aint complaining.
2. Too many fucking campers hiding in bushes and waiting to kill you where you respawn
3. The guns are weak as fuck, yes they may have a shit load of the them but c'mon (too much recoil)
4. Can't customize my class (yet)
5. While your playing all of a sudden you change maps... like wtf this isn't inception dawg
6. Rounds are like 30 mins long, fuck that
7. Oh the kill cam is always on the ♥♥♥♥♥s face that killed you, so you can't see where the fuck it's hiding!
8. The mini radar is small as fuck and expands all the map... ♥♥♥♥♥ i just need to see who is around me 50 ft
9. Knifing is slow as fuck, No joke
10. The grenade throws are weak as fuck, ♥♥♥♥♥ gots a crippled arm or something( committed suicide like 10 times because of the crippled arm b)

campaign will only be the hot shit, not multiplayer

September 29, 2011 @ 11:53 PM
rocka

on the real, fuck this fanboyism... get what your friends be playing, cod or bf3

Kinda what I'm saying. It's just hard to explain. It just works better on pc. Players are just less stupid (PC gamers usually play the game as a unit more often than console players) and it gives you a better experience.
September 30, 2011 @ 12:02 AM
jaded

10. The grenade throws are weak as fuck, ♥♥♥♥♥ gots a crippled arm or something( committed suicide like 10 times because of the crippled arm b)

I blew myself up throwing a grenade from a bush because apparently my throw isn't strong enough for the grenade to break through a few leaves

September 30, 2011 @ 12:04 AM
Trollinator

oh so you were camping in the bush ;)

lol yeah stupid shit like that but then again it's the beta

September 30, 2011 @ 12:12 AM
jaded

oh so you were camping in the bush ;)

lol yeah stupid shit like that but then again it's the beta

I went prone in a bush to try and save myself and throw a nade and it got stuck right above me in the bush and blew-up cool

I'm already burned out on the map, I think I leveled up to 14 and now I'm taking a break. I hope they fix some issues and then maybe give us one more before release. PC guys are getting codes to get into servers with Caspian Border sad

I also hope that as they fix things, they make patch notes available so we know what gets fixed.

I already miss the Bad Company 2 menus, changing aspects of your kit was just so much simpler in Bad Company 2. I also HATE that just because you unlock a new scope for your gun, it automatically puts it on for you. Tell me I unlocked it and let me decide if I want it on or not.

Do you happen to know if there's a forum thread on the EA servers for people playing the beta on console? I'd be interested to see what other people like/dislike so far.

September 30, 2011 @ 12:29 AM
im_shy

played for 3 hours so

first off

!. The graphics look alright(beta only) aint complaining.
2. Too many fucking campers hiding in bushes and waiting to kill you where you respawn
3. The guns are weak as fuck, yes they may have a shit load of the them but c'mon (too much recoil)
4. Can't customize my class (yet)
5. While your playing all of a sudden you change maps... like wtf this isn't inception dawg
6. Rounds are like 30 mins long, fuck that
7. Oh the kill cam is always on the ♥♥♥♥♥s face that killed you, so you can't see where the fuck it's hiding!
8. The mini radar is small as fuck and expands all the map... ♥♥♥♥♥ i just need to see who is around me 50 ft
9. Knifing is slow as fuck, No joke

campaign will only be the hot shit, not multiplayer

wait what? are you talking about the different sections of operation metro or did you actually change maps?
but its true about the grenades, impossible to aim them. i doubt i will ever get a grenade kill(excluding suicide). sad

Do you happen to know if there's a forum thread on the EA servers for people playing the beta on console? I'd be interested to see what other people like/dislike so far.

go on battlelog, theres a subforum for beta stuff. its mostly just a few bf fanboys talking about how awesome the beta is & a shit load of cod fanboys saying its the worst game in history. lol.
September 30, 2011 @ 12:31 AM
unknown force.

can't get in to any games ftl
September 30, 2011 @ 12:45 AM
Jim Jardashian

just spam the find a game. I was going to give up after downloading then I found one. Then after we won, I got stuck loading the next game.
September 30, 2011 @ 01:03 AM
unknown force.

i'll try again tomorrow. PSN's way of telling me I should be doing homework l0l
September 30, 2011 @ 01:27 AM
jaded

wait what? are you talking about the different sections of operation metro or did you actually change maps?
but its true about the grenades, impossible to aim them. i doubt i will ever get a grenade kill(excluding suicide). sad

go on battlelog, theres a subforum for beta stuff. its mostly just a few bf fanboys talking about how awesome the beta is & a shit load of cod fanboys saying its the worst game in history. lol.

i got several nade kills, but most happened when you are in the subway on metro and you can throw them into the rooms and hallways that get packed with enemies.

Please login first to reply.