Battlefield 3 Official Discussion Thread

Jan 22, 2012 @ 06:18
finally came in the mail today. already fucking addicting smfh.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off Lucasj : I drink milk like it's nut

Jan 22, 2012 @ 17:27
I'm so sick of the USAS12 and DAO12. Those guns destroyed Operation Metro, which was the best Rush map, imo.

and squads suck ass on PSN. I might actually move to PC to avoid all the bullshittery on console.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

Jan 22, 2012 @ 21:09
I'm so sick of the USAS12 and DAO12. Those guns destroyed Operation Metro, which was the best Rush map, imo.

and squads suck ass on PSN. I might actually move to PC to avoid all the bullshittery on console.

People use Rush on Metro to pad their stats. Don't let that experience ruin it for you. If you go on Battlelog, you can find a ton of people who only play Metro Rush. Try playing Conquest instead, it's better than Rush on this game anyhow.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

Feb 02, 2012 @ 06:16
i finally got the 1 enemy vehicle destroy with the repair torch. fuck yeah.

edit: also, apparently a patch on monday is gonna fix the ps3 voip issues? i wonder if they'll really fix everything.
Feb 08, 2012 @ 08:56
i finally got the 1 enemy vehicle destroy with the repair torch. fuck yeah.

edit: also, apparently a patch on monday is gonna fix the ps3 voip issues? i wonder if they'll really fix everything.

The patch works.

Also, I destroyed a vehicle with my torch then found out that you can actually finish that achievement by destroying an enemy spawn beacon with it smh smh

Feb 08, 2012 @ 16:18
^nice i'm gonna try that.
Feb 08, 2012 @ 17:58
people still play bf3?

jaykay

I want to see the world burn

Gilly Suits
Feb 09, 2012 @ 01:40
Anyone use the 3rd seat in the tank yet, it's my next unlock for it in 5k pts?

Instagram: @gillysuits_

Feb 09, 2012 @ 02:31
Originally posted by Inactive User

I use it, but the driver needs to be using guided shells in order to hit painted targets unless someone on the ground has a javelin. The other day I was sitting in it painting the little birds on Noshar Canals and my driver was taking them out with one guided shell each. Flares won't stop a guided shell because they aren't heat seeking smokeyface

Gilly Suits
Feb 09, 2012 @ 02:50

I use it, but the driver needs to be using guided shells in order to hit painted targets unless someone on the ground has a javelin. The other day I was sitting in it painting the little birds on Noshar Canals and my driver was taking them out with one guided shell each. Flares won't stop a guided shell because they aren't heat seeking smokeyface

This sounds great but I love my canister shells =(

Feb 09, 2012 @ 02:54

I like canister shells, but the other day it took me 3 or 4 direct hits with the canister shell to disable a Havoc. One guided shell hit will take it out, but it requires two people.

Gilly Suits
Feb 09, 2012 @ 03:13

I like canister shells, but the other day it took me 3 or 4 direct hits with the canister shell to disable a Havoc. One guided shell hit will take it out, but it requires two people.

I'll def try it out hopefully I can get a good teammate my friends only like flying jets

Feb 09, 2012 @ 19:09
why the hell don't i always get the points or kills to jets when i've played with them? has already happened like 5 times and each time i didn't get any points to it though i had nearly 3k..

the guided shell on the tanks is pretty useless unless you have a friend on the citv. almost no one stays there or if they do they dont lock to anything...
Feb 09, 2012 @ 20:16
why the hell don't i always get the points or kills to jets when i've played with them? has already happened like 5 times and each time i didn't get any points to it though i had nearly 3k..

the guided shell on the tanks is pretty useless unless you have a friend on the citv. almost no one stays there or if they do they dont lock to anything...

Are you playing Rush or Conquest? I remember hearing that the jet in Rush didn't record your stats with it, not sure if that has been fixed or not.

Feb 09, 2012 @ 23:56
what is the 3rd seat for in the tank?
Feb 10, 2012 @ 00:45
what is the 3rd seat for in the tank?

CITV station for laser designation. If the driver is using guided shells he can hit what you've painted after a lock on, or someone using a javelin could hit an air target you've painted, which is the only way for the javelin to hit air targets.

Feb 10, 2012 @ 01:31
oh i thought soflams was for air targets too.

Inactive User

Feb 10, 2012 @ 03:15
yeah, soflam work on air targets as well
Feb 10, 2012 @ 12:59

Are you playing Rush or Conquest? I remember hearing that the jet in Rush didn't record your stats with it, not sure if that has been fixed or not.

has happened on both but mostly on rush. seems that if you go to another vehicle even for a second the points from jet "disappear".
Mar 21, 2012 @ 23:39
thoughts on soon releasing map packs guys?
Mar 22, 2012 @ 00:03
^they said they'll bring a game mode called 'conquest domination', which they've described as conquest with tdm spawns...so im thinking its basically gonna be exactly like cod domination?
im worried about an over abundance of rpg/smaw/m320/usas frag/claymores on these small maps... :/
Mar 22, 2012 @ 00:12
I don't think I'm going to buy this DLC. If I wanted that type of gameplay I would've bought MW3. I bought Battlefield for large maps and vehicles.

Mar 22, 2012 @ 04:17
That CQC map looks dope. The type of chaos I love.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

Mar 22, 2012 @ 05:27
I don't think I'm going to buy this DLC. If I wanted that type of gameplay I would've bought MW3. I bought Battlefield for large maps and vehicles.

-_-

I hate large maps and cars

and didn't you get the limited edition.

same as price with all content.

Mar 22, 2012 @ 05:33
Yeah I got the limited edition, does that mean close quarters is free?

Gilly Suits
Mar 22, 2012 @ 17:36

-_-

I hate large maps and cars

and didn't you get the limited edition.

same as price with all content.

Feeling is mutual, agreed with everything you said

And @Shy RPGs and shit are pretty funny in this game it's hard for them to kill you in one shot for whatever reason. I've hit people directly on and they lived

Mar 22, 2012 @ 19:56
Yeah I got the limited edition, does that mean close quarters is free?

I thought It did bro.

Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:16
I read it was $15. Pretty sure that the Limited Edition only made the first DLC, Back to Karkand, free.

Mar 22, 2012 @ 21:11
Will I can't complain. But I'm not cawping tbh.

Mar 27, 2012 @ 10:53
guys ive been a little behind on BF3 stuff but i know the patch comes out today for ps3. has there been any word on a release for xbox?

also, whats the date for Close Quarters?

little vid i just saw discussing patch changes
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0