SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
June 7, 2011 @ 06:36 PM
rocka

6 & 7 (sometimes 8 ) were dope. Besides that I don't really like final fantasy. I don't know why everyone hated it though. Reviews said it was good.
June 9, 2011 @ 12:57 AM
egoflexin

Hopefully it will have some better character dev, but I actually liked the combat. It was a decent change
June 9, 2011 @ 01:42 AM
mixtape_03

would i need to purchase and go through ffxiii to understand this game?
June 9, 2011 @ 02:20 AM
mixtape_03

to understand it better probably. but they always explain the backstory before you play a sequel.

good look
June 10, 2011 @ 11:30 AM
debs 168

would i need to purchase and go through ffxiii to understand this game?

save yourself. the game was trash. you're better off watching a playthrough on youtube or something. the game is decent at the start and gets dry until chapter like 11 or 12 out of 13 chapters total. you don't get out of the hallway layout until towards the very end of the game.

maybe i'll post my reasons why a little later...you should spend the 15 or 20 on ffVII, ffIX or if you have a wii, ffVI.

and yes, i did beat ffXIII and had ultimate weapons and a few ultimate accessories and all that, so i put more than enough time into the game to form an opinion.
June 10, 2011 @ 12:03 PM
debs 168

i loved it idk why ♥♥♥♥♥s hate on it so much.

here was my list of things i felt a ff game should have after beating ffXIII and beating the side missions...

things ffXIII and future ff games need to have, IMHO:

1. air ship
2. world map
3. air ship.
4. air ship.
5. no rotating maps
6. USEFUL items IN AND OUT OF BATTLE
7. USEFUL accessories
8. more weapons, items and accessories that CAN BE FOUND
9. STEALING FROM ENEMIES
10. GAINING GIL FROM KILLING ENEMIES
11. INNS. don't care about not healing after battle there is something in my head that says that an rpg needs an inn
12. more towns
13. air ship
14. more summons that do more than increase the percentage hits do once the enemy is staggered
15. more techniques. MORE techniques.
16. status effects need to do more
17. REGEN, BIG GUARD, WHITE WIND
18. GOOD MUSIC. this needs to be number 1-5 on the list IMO
19. lemme elaborate on the music part...CLASSICAL music.
20. NO POP OR JAZZ MUSIC.
21. i never thought i'd say it but a few mini games would be nice
22. an air ship
23. less expensive everything
24. stores in towns and stores at savepoints
25. enemy skill magic
26. enemies that are known to appear in every ff game. all of them. not half, not 1/3, ALL of them. there is more than enough space.
27. less palette swaps. enemies, cool. bosses? OH HELL NO.

28. enemies and places that WE CAN PRONOUNCE. japanese names? cool. english? nice. this fake ass nordic?? STOP IT.

last but definitely not least, they need to be way more clear as far as any type of upgrading to accessories and weapons. i feel like the game doesn't do a good job at explaining either.

i cannot stress how lame it is to me that everything needs to be upgraded and how lame it is that all of the components needed to upgrade are either extremely rare, incredibly expensive or both.

lol @ finding dark matter in this game.
lol @ farming traps.
lol @ the ultimate weapons having 100 levels to them.
lol @ the price of dark matter and traps.

instead of making this stuff extra tedious and making it draw out the game why don't they just include a new game plus and maybe a longer game? that way they wouldn't have to hide the fact that the game isn't really *that* long by making it take a ridiculous amount of time to do shit that shouldn't be that hard to do.

/end rant

it sounds like i don't like the game, but thats not the case...its just that the game has mad flaws that add up that begin to take away from the enjoyment of the game IMO.

also kill the whole if the leader dies we all die thing. i'm tired of fang looking at my dead body while the enemy laughs at us.

and i know i said it before but jesus, can the names of these places be just a little more easy to remember? when i use teleport stones, i don't even know where i'm going even though i've been to those areas, lol.

and who the fuck has eidolons but doesn't use them??? race car, motorcycle, various mechs and these idiots walk everywhere?? square cannot be serious. running across the entire pulse whether it be on the back of a chocobo or on foot is not fun when you incorporate the rotating map and the many icons that look the same. who the fuck cares about treasure you already found?

show me the stuff i haven't found or take that shit off the map altogether because the spots look like cieth stones. why the fuck aren't cieth stones that you can go to but haven't touched not on the map? or maybe it is? my head hurts from looking for missions and taking 344324324 min to find them.

lol @ the rotating map, tho.

and less stagger bar, please. this game as a non ff title is a decent game but its like with that ff title i expect something. i hate to say it but this is not a real ff to me for some reason. its a nice game that has a lot of flaws that irk me but yeah...the music, the things they took out of this game, etc. just make this a completely different rpg not worthy of the ff title IMHO. thats just me, tho.

i know its a long read but i promise you that everything i said back then is pretty accurate.
June 10, 2011 @ 02:34 PM
Steve-O-510

I still haven't even beaten the first game. My save file got deleted and I've been lazy as **** to play all the way to chapter 10 where I left off. I might as well just watch a play through on youtube.
June 15, 2011 @ 11:37 AM
Diedforoursins

Square need to rediscover their roots. IMO. IX was awesome.
June 15, 2011 @ 03:10 PM
hools

YES! i bought this on PSN and am in the middle of it. takes me back man...

debs i agree with everything. especially the point you made about how much ridiculous amounts of time is put into shit that shouldn't be hard to do or even take that long. that's what really made me stop playing it. i wasn't trying to farm for hours on end, this ain't an mmorpg.
June 15, 2011 @ 06:19 PM
calintz

ever since losing sakaguchi, square hasn't been the same

like, blue dragon and lost odyssey have a more FF feel than XII and XIII
June 15, 2011 @ 06:36 PM
calintz

much love to XIII and all, but LO > XIII imo

it had towns :p
story was shit tho
June 15, 2011 @ 06:48 PM
calintz

yeah true
i guess its just me - just had more enjoyment finishing LO, that nostalgia feeling i've been craving this gen

but yeah, FFXIII's battle system and production shits on LO's
but music? c'mon son, LO has uematsu!
June 28, 2011 @ 11:06 PM
dergatron9000

the story for 13 sucked nut. the gameplay was decent tho
June 29, 2011 @ 11:31 PM
calintz

dat hi-res ffx graphics...
June 30, 2011 @ 12:07 AM
xVILLN

^oh shit,that looks pretty dope cool

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

June 30, 2011 @ 11:20 AM
Hellah Fresh

save yourself. the game was trash. you're better off watching a playthrough on youtube or something. the game is decent at the start and gets dry until chapter like 11 or 12 out of 13 chapters total. you don't get out of the hallway layout until towards the very end of the game.

maybe i'll post my reasons why a little later...you should spend the 15 or 20 on ffVII, ffIX or if you have a wii, ffVI.

and yes, i did beat ffXIII and had ultimate weapons and a few ultimate accessories and all that, so i put more than enough time into the game to form an opinion.

This game SUCKED! I bought the game and it sat in my living room for 2 months so then i decided to play it and 15mins later i turned that shit off. Worse FF game ever. its just not the same as the PS ones so whoever consider waiting to play it ill sell u my copy for the xbox360.
September 14, 2011 @ 11:31 AM
skivic35

slated for a December release.... prob only for Japan
September 14, 2011 @ 08:44 PM
calintz

September 15, 2011 @ 08:06 AM
airforce416

Selling mine & copping
September 19, 2011 @ 11:58 PM

Inactive

allllll gayyyyyy!
December 30, 2011 @ 05:20 PM
NipSlipNinja

Any of the non-US members get this game? I haven't heard much still. The only thing I heard was people were bitching that the last game took too long to beat....... Umm, most FF games usually average over 30 hrs to beat and they were complaining about 25.
February 6, 2012 @ 01:58 PM
skivic35

Shocking no one else has posted in here about the game. I like this somewhat better than the first game. They fixed the battle system so if the character you are dies your not just screwed.
February 7, 2012 @ 05:27 PM
skivic35

After playing for 20 hrs, I am at the last boss.......
February 7, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
Iggle

i made the mistake of buying FFX-2 at launch. i'm not making that mistake again. i'll probably give the game a try, but only when the game drops to like $20 on craigslist.

#pedogangweindis

February 8, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
WPGMB

I wanna get but strapped on cash atm. probably will wait and buy it cheap off someone
February 22, 2012 @ 01:54 PM
calintz

omg, that ending...

ffxiii-3 incoming...
February 22, 2012 @ 03:49 PM
skivic35

dont u dare ruin it, i still havent bothered to beat it yet. that final form of the final boss is a bitch. and from what I heard, there were will be download content for this involving Lightning.
February 22, 2012 @ 08:22 PM
Iggle

is this game worth getting? you guys bothered to finish it/get to the final boss so i'm assuming its pretty good?

#pedogangweindis

February 23, 2012 @ 11:20 AM
calintz

its pretty fun, and that ending!!!

yeah with the final boss, you just need to time your sentinels/tortoise paradigm when it's about to do it's flares
surprisingly easy, but long
February 25, 2012 @ 12:59 AM
calintz

buy the chaos crystal at serendipity and get hope to craft you a weapon at academia 4xx
you have to choose who to give the weapon to, as you only get 1 crystal

the weapon's strength is proportional to how many fragments you have

Please login first to reply.