Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
October 6, 2011 @ 05:32 PM
THiZZ

Got rage the yesterday... gave it a chance and did not like it at all. Traded it in and copped Dark Souls and loving this shit cool...

-THiZZ
October 6, 2011 @ 08:10 PM
Phlipstar

Capra was easy as hell. All you had to do is go up the stairs and go to the right onto the ledge. He'll try to attack you but end up falling. From there just plunge attack and just rinse and repeat.

For hydra you just have to get by the water and he'll stop doing the water breath shit. From there you can just block when the heads come at you. When the heads are dug in the ground just hack and slash. You may need a bow and arrow though for the last couple of heads since they're hard to get while in the water.

Hope that made sense.. i'm drunk.

@Dennis

I went down there and got cursed also. Is that supposed to be an instant death?
October 9, 2011 @ 12:01 AM
califoreigner

so i hit laurentius by accident freeing him from the barrels and now he's aggressive. am i fucked?
October 9, 2011 @ 03:43 AM
THiZZ

Infamous here's that secret boss i was telling you about earlier today. I just beat him with a lvl 18 thief with the Drake Sword, he drops 20K in souls...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PU7J_xSr-c&feature=related

-THiZZ
October 9, 2011 @ 04:24 AM
DennisTheMenace

@Dennis
I went down there and got cursed also. Is that supposed to be an instant death?

I guess so, even though I had full health, the minute I was cursed it instantly killed me from what I recall.

so i hit laurentius by accident freeing him from the barrels and now he’s aggressive. am i fucked?

Yes, I think you are fucked lol (kinda). I saw this online somewhere from someone who killed him, I do not know how accurate it is. To get the pyro skill: "You can still get one from Eingyi, the egg infested in the chamber of the Daughter of Chaos, which is a hidden room right after the boss of Blighttown. Just make sure you tell him you are the new servant, and speak to him without a flame and he'll give you one."

Infamous here’s that secret boss i was telling you about earlier today. I just beat him with a lvl...

That shit cray. I got the drake sword but my slow ass knight is gonna fail at killing him lol.

EDIT: Go cop that Dark Souls guide off of Amazon, they had it up for only $13.75 for a 383 page hardcover. Its pretty damn nice if you ask me lol.
October 12, 2011 @ 04:39 PM
THiZZ

Beating a lot of random ass bosses lately. Just beat the Great Gray Wolf Sif... and some random ass bird type boss that doesn't really do shit but shoot magic arrows probably the easiest boss yet next to that nigga Ceaseless Discharge. That gaping vagina boss was a pain in the ass cause i couldn't figure out how to kill that mage at the top until after i had killed the boss. And fuck Blight Town i lost so many fucking souls in that place. Anyone else not have that big of a problem with curse going through the sewers by the way? I felt people made it out worse to be than it actually was...

-THiZZ
October 12, 2011 @ 06:28 PM
Phlipstar

^ I couldn't imagine going through places with curse. I just bought the purging stones off the merchant. The game has gotten so easy since I got a lightning weapon +4, just powering through everything.
October 13, 2011 @ 09:48 AM
DennisTheMenace

^yeah the lightening weapons are very overpowered in this game, but that doesnt stop me from using my lightening spear lol. Ive been in Anor Londo trying to get summoned & finally figured out that my SL is too low (27) lol. Already beat the fatty & skinny bosses. I gotta level up fast or everyone is going to pass my ass up. Are you guys seeing a lot of summon signs at your current level?
October 13, 2011 @ 04:04 PM
THiZZ

I kept invading people at forest and getting my ass handed to me every time. It was like everyone had some over the top spell or armor/sword combo. I got fed up and said fuck it and turned on the NPC's and start farming souls... Now im in Sen's Fortress getting my ass handed to me on these dumb ass traps and snake guys....

-THiZZ
October 14, 2011 @ 07:25 AM
califoreigner

<p>^yeah the lightening weapons are very overpowered in this game, but that doesnt stop me from using my lightening spear lol. Ive been in Anor Londo trying to get summoned &amp; finally figured out that my SL is too low (27) lol. Already beat the fatty &amp; skinny bosses. I gotta level up fast or everyone is going to pass my ass up. Are you guys seeing a lot of summon signs at your current level?</p>

how did you beat ornstein and smough at 27? i'm 62 and spend most of my estus and spells just clearing a way from the bonfire to the boss room. hmm, i might have to just rush past these dudes. tower guards that heal are such a pain in the ass
October 14, 2011 @ 03:36 PM
THiZZ

^^^Same for me, i kept geting my ass killed in this piece of shit place...

-THiZZ
October 14, 2011 @ 11:58 PM
DennisTheMenace

<p>
</p><blockquote>
<div class="quote-info">
<div class="quote-from">Originally posted by
<div class="quote-name">DennisTheMenace</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="quote-content">
how did you beat ornstein and smough at 27? i’m 62 and spend most of my estus and spells just clearing a way from the bonfire to the boss room. hmm, i might have to just rush past these dudes. tower guards that heal are such a pain in the ass</p>

Didn't beat them by myself, summoned two guys because I didn't know what to expect. Sucks though because they killed Ornstein first, so I'm stuck with Fatty's costume set lol. Guess that's the price I paid. I'm 36 now because I wasn't getting any more coop action anywhere. I've been doing the forest hunter covenant mission, loving every moment of that because I get to invade, get souls, & get shards/chunks as a reward without having to farm a shitload.
October 15, 2011 @ 05:18 PM
THiZZ

There is better covenants than the dark forest... I personally think the Dark Moon is better. I fucking hate the catacombs that shit is insanely hard with all of those skeleton bitches respawning. And i did the same for Ornstein i went in and faced them by myself and got my ass handed to me and then the next time i went through i summoned two people. I just let them do all the baiting and attacking and i occasionally went in and helped...

-THiZZ
October 15, 2011 @ 05:30 PM
sinnerz

people who had problem with curse frogs in sewers are those who play scared and end upgetting caught. If you just run up to them and slice they won't even spit the curse fog

sinnerz.tumblr.com

October 15, 2011 @ 06:32 PM
THiZZ

Yeah or you can just step back and then charge them when the mist disappears. Its not like their strong or anything...

-THiZZ
October 15, 2011 @ 07:13 PM
califoreigner

So what covenants are you guys in? I'm a chaos servant right now, but leaning towards either Dragonoid or dark wraith.
October 15, 2011 @ 11:27 PM
sinnerz

dragon convenant for me breathing fire is just for novelty kinda though. Not very effective on monsters but I think it'd rape in pvp. Also the journey to the dragon covenant is hell.

sinnerz.tumblr.com

October 16, 2011 @ 04:03 AM
califoreigner

^supposedly you could learn to breathe fire from big hat Logan too (probably need really high int).

I want to go dark wraith, but I was reading that having the dragon head increases fire power (I'm a pyro build with a quelaggs furyblade). Already got the Chaos great fireball and debating whether or not to farm the 30 humanity for the chaos firestorm or just switch covenants. Using the regular firestorm is hard because Im usually attacked before I can get it off.
October 19, 2011 @ 03:31 AM
THiZZ

FML did the soul/item glitch... got to seath the scaleless and got raped. Lost 91 Humanity and over 102 Million souls... I was soooo pissed...

-THiZZ
June 17, 2013 @ 08:13 PM
Gwyn

Hey everyone, wanted to revive this thread because of Dark Souls 2.
Just kind of hyped since I'm replaying the first one, but the online feels broken which seriously takes out the fun.
thoughts on the new game? I think it comes out on the Xbox One also, (hopefully) and hopefully it's harder, but probably not. 

edit: forgot my profile pic was that merchant, pretty awesome 
if you guys like it, got it from here (not mine) http://carson-drew-it.tumblr.com/

"I don't really care about the downvotes. If people read my comment my point was made." - redditor.

July 2, 2013 @ 09:59 AM
goldmtn

I got to play Dark Souls 2 at E3:

Spoiler Free Facts and Impressions:
1) Much harder: Namco Bandai had a competition to see who could beat the demo - if you could, you'd get this tshirt. Only one person got it within the 3 days of E3 - he took 20+ tries and was all sweaty. So I guess he needed the shirt.
2) Graphical Overhaul: perhaps the success of DS allowed more money into this, cause the lighting, textures, shading and general feel of this game looks amazing for current gen!
3) Persistent Warping through Bonfires: Once you light a bonfire, you can warp right away smile
4) A True Dual Wielding Class!
5) Classes are now not set in stone - you play the way you want and eventually the game will lead your towards a certain class.
6) Better Online: apparently there are now dedicated servers and you can find your friends easier. Online aspects also affect gameplay in new ways: the demo had this - for boss I fought - the Mirror Knight, he carries a shield where an enemy jumps out when summoned. In the real game, this enemy won't be AI, but an actual human character. On top of the boss being crazy difficult, you now have to deal with PvP at the same time... 
7) Enemy AI is a lot more reactionary and responsive to your in game actions. They will play dead for you to walk past and sneak up to backstab...

Anyway I'm super hyped for this game - I'll keep ya'll posted once I know more!
July 2, 2013 @ 08:13 PM
Dante Rose

Damn automatic warping is kind of lame that takes a lot of the difficulty out of the game.

Duel wielding has been around since Demon's Souls and is only really good for pvp, maybe its better in DS2 though.

PVP bosses are also something that was done in Demon's Souls before, but cool to see it return.

im excited for it but i really wish it were for PS4/XB1. i don't want to have to hold onto my PS3 just to play one game.

Please login first to reply.