Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 24, 2011 @ 01:32 PM
GOLDENi

Damn, I'm switching to Verizon soon cause the reception here in Virginia sucks for T-Mobile..
I'll probably end up just going with the Bionic.
July 24, 2011 @ 01:57 PM
tonysteak

what good android phones are out for att? contracts up aug 7th so im trying to decide between an android and iphone 4

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

July 24, 2011 @ 05:35 PM
mrdalez

^ wait a month and see how the new iphone is gonna be. then compare between that iphone and whatever droid is available.

Damn, I'm switching to Verizon soon cause the reception here in Virginia sucks for T-Mobile..
I'll probably end up just going with the Bionic.

release date will most likely in the fall of this year though
July 24, 2011 @ 08:31 PM
tonysteak

I heard the new one isnt going to have that many new features...and honestly I like the iphone but im looking for more feature and performance, which is why I might be coming to android

anyone had an Atrix that can testify for it?

July 24, 2011 @ 10:09 PM
The Fiasco

I heard the new one isnt going to have that many new features...and honestly I like the iphone but im looking for more feature and performance, which is why I might be coming to android

anyone had an Atrix that can testify for it?

my buddy like literally just bought one one or two days ago. The camera on it is absolutely amazing, and theres a fingerprint scanner on the back of it too for super security. it looks like a dope phone. im looking at the infuse personally.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

July 25, 2011 @ 02:35 AM
tonysteak

^I was thinking the infuse too, but im kinda bummed it doesnt have dual core processing

July 25, 2011 @ 01:16 PM
Mr.Mittens

My T-mo LG G2x Running Eaglesblood 1.5 and a Faux Kernal; rooted. OC'd to 1400mhz. This is my first android; I came from an iPhone 3G. Honestly, I'll never go back. Androids just have so much more to them.

http://twitter.com/CrazyHates

July 26, 2011 @ 10:50 AM
imtheman

My T-mo LG G2x Running Eaglesblood 1.5 and a Faux Kernal; rooted. OC'd to 1400mhz. This is my first android; I came from an iPhone 3G. Honestly, I'll never go back. Androids just have so much more to them.

What kind of battery life do you get with the G2x after it being rooted??
I'm assuming you removed all the extra crap apps that come with the phone right?
I have the Galaxy 4G-S and its cool and all, but I think I'm ready for a different phone.
I just upgraded earlier this month and I shouldve fuckin waited for the Galaxy S2 to come out!
July 26, 2011 @ 01:41 PM
Mr.Mittens

What kind of battery life do you get with the G2x after it being rooted??
I'm assuming you removed all the extra crap apps that come with the phone right?
I have the Galaxy 4G-S and its cool and all, but I think I'm ready for a different phone.
I just upgraded earlier this month and I shouldve fuckin waited for the Galaxy S2 to come out!

1) On average I get about 20h of battery life with moderate usage. Rooting doesn't affect battery life, its more so the settings of the phone combined with the settings of certain apps. Thanks to an Undervolted kernal and Juice Defender my battery life is nearly tripled.

2)I did remove all of the bloatware, none of them are useful(car mode mabye)

3)IMO, G2X > GS2

July 26, 2011 @ 02:47 PM
imtheman

1) On average I get about 20h of battery life with moderate usage. Rooting doesn't affect battery life, its more so the settings of the phone combined with the settings of certain apps. Thanks to an Undervolted kernal and Juice Defender my battery life is nearly tripled.

2)I did remove all of the bloatware, none of them are useful(car mode mabye)

3)IMO, G2X > GS2

20 hrs, thats damn good.
So you really think G2x would be a better choice than the GS2??!
Do you experience any of the random reboots, shutdowns during charging, freezes, wifi issues, or screen bleeding, etc?? I really like how it sounds hardware wise n all, but those are some pretty bad issues?!
July 27, 2011 @ 09:58 AM
Mr.Mittens

20 hrs, thats damn good.
So you really think G2x would be a better choice than the GS2??!
Do you experience any of the random reboots, shutdowns during charging, freezes, wifi issues, or screen bleeding, etc?? I really like how it sounds hardware wise n all, but those are some pretty bad issues?!

-Well I just prefer the G2X over the GS2, just seems better built to me
-There have been some issues with G2Xs having screen bleeding(I didn't have it, if you did have screen bleeding you could get a free exchange/refund), but it seems that they've resolved that issue as of late.
-As for shutdowns during charging, that has never happened to me before, neither have I had wi-fi issues. Random reboots and freezes that happen to me are from my software configuration (lots of custom mods and kernals that I use are experimental so they're not the most stable thing in the world)
-All in all, its still a very nice phone. Feels well put together and you get what you pay for: a nice phone with nicer features

July 28, 2011 @ 06:22 PM
mrdalez

when i have more time i can show oyu more stats about the gs2 but so far about the battery life.
i'm at about 32 hours with 28% left. not bad huh

July 28, 2011 @ 07:30 PM
laxlife1234

Just want to give a mini-review comparing the HTC Sensation vs. LG G2x.

*Note: I am not biased towards any company. I am more for HTC, but this LG phone is incredible.

Well initial impression on the G2x was WOW this thing is fast. Comparing the speed to the sensation is like comparing an olympic runner to an amateur jogger. The processor isn't 1.2 GHz like the sensation, but a mere 1.0 GHz yet because it doesn't have any preloaded software (ex: sense), it is a lot faster.

Now onto the design. Both phones are different, the LG feels cheaper and the HTC feels more expensive. That is to say that the LG doesn't feel cheap at all just when compared to the HTC. One thing I hate about the HTC is that when you have to get the battery you have to literally remove the whole phone with the exception of the screen. The LG is just a snap back.

The Buttons are pretty much the same. The far right is the search, the 3rd to the right is the back button, the 2nd to the left is the menu, and the far left is to return to the menu, but the first 2 are switched on the HTC.

Now thats it for pictures, onto the stone cold facts. Ok, starting with battery life, the HTC Sensation is great, well--it lasted me a full day of moderate-heavy usage, with 4G turned on and sometimes with airplane mode turned on. Either way it lasted me, but personally I would rather see that there is still 50% at the end of the day rather than 25%, but thats just me. I can't say too much about the G2x considering I haven't had it for that long (about a day and a half), but so far it has only had 1 charge since last night and it has lasted me all day so far.

Display- Well personally I don't think there is enough of a difference for the display to be compared between the 2. IMO I think that the G2x is the better screen, but it isn't a noticeable enough of a difference to compare with each other, but if it was a samsung AMOLED screen than I couldn't really compare. You can look up the specs on the screens if you really want to get technical.

Now onto the camera, it is a pretty damn good camera. Unfortunately I decided to update the software to gingerbread 2.3.3, and I am pissed off since I can't find a way to root this device now and it changed some camera settings. The HTC Sensations camera is OK, it tends to give a bit of a blurry picture and it isn't as sharp as the G2x, but they are both cell-phone pictures so they aren't as great as you would think.

Both are very fast (like I said earlier), but not just in loading apps and the like, but in the sense that it literally downloads apps in a matter of seconds. Also the 4G (HSPA) for t-mobile is amazingly fast. I mean it is probably AS fast as Wi-Fi if not faster.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but hopefully it will for someone who is debating on switching to t-mobile and debating between these 2 phones.

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

July 29, 2011 @ 01:27 AM
alwayZz

anyone here on mini ;)? been on that shit since feb

August 18, 2011 @ 07:56 PM
laxlife1234

Wow, my phone just got amazing.

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

August 18, 2011 @ 09:39 PM
chex

nexus s has low signals on internet connection. :/

other than that its a good phone to have
August 20, 2011 @ 09:15 AM
unknown force.

thunderbolt gang
friend has a charge
August 20, 2011 @ 01:31 PM
alberto.1989

I found a sony ericcson xperia x10a today and i currently have a mytouch 3g sad. how can i unlock the sony and use it with tmobile
August 21, 2011 @ 12:20 AM
ahhhrt

Root it. Google that.

Just picked up an incredible S. Sodoap.
August 24, 2011 @ 08:34 AM
somet

dl'ed launcher pro for the first time tonight and did some customizing. fuckin love android cool
August 24, 2011 @ 05:19 PM
WHS.

i can feel the pinoy emenating from your phone...
August 25, 2011 @ 09:23 PM
ahhhrt

^
September 5, 2011 @ 01:52 PM
realignant

Android Revolution HD 3.0.3
Unity v7 kernel
overclocked at 1.78 ghz
September 5, 2011 @ 08:52 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

^that right there looks fuckin amazing b i have the sensation too... i'm new to android is that what u can get from rooting your phone?

www.NickyDsss.com

September 5, 2011 @ 11:09 PM
realignant

yeah, the rom i use pretty much uses both core, its the best phone ive had.
September 10, 2011 @ 08:41 PM
The Fiasco

just got that young rooted infuse. what i do now?

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

September 14, 2011 @ 02:00 PM
imtheman

Android Revolution HD 3.0.3
Unity v7 kernel
overclocked at 1.78 ghz

How is your battery life though?
September 14, 2011 @ 03:24 PM
ahhhrt

Madden 12 is awesome.
September 14, 2011 @ 10:37 PM
realignant

How is your battery life though?

i switched to a dif rom, htcclays superlite with kernel 0.1.2, overall score of 6918, battery last me about 11hours with major usage, stock battery.
September 25, 2011 @ 04:21 PM
|||||| |||||| ||||||

Cellular Telephones.
Help Guize.
I got the Merge from HTC, And I hate android... I want to get a BB Bold.
Who has one?
Stick with The android or is BB better?

| devenmmccoy.tumblr.com | | devenmmccoy | IG | https://www.flickr.com/photos/78628245@N07/

Please login first to reply.