Android Official Discussion Thread

June 06, 2011 @ 03:18:54
someone give me some good games! i need new games to play while taking shits at work.

Plants vs Zombies and Baseball Superstars 2011.

So far those are the 2 games that got me hooked the most.. I can sit there for hours sometimes.
June 06, 2011 @ 09:42:09
Does anyone know of something I can install to control music without unlocking my phone? Something similar to how on iOS you double tap the home button and it gives you control without entering your passcode. I'm rooted, if that's any consolation.

edot - I have the Samsung Infuse 4G.
June 06, 2011 @ 16:10:30
Does anyone know of something I can install to control music without unlocking my phone? Something similar to how on iOS you double tap the home button and it gives you control without entering your passcode. I'm rooted, if that's any consolation.

edot - I have the Samsung Infuse 4G.

I have that and my phone is rooted. I'm running the MIUI rom and it has that.. Basically almost like an iphone. Look into it, i don't know if the infuse is able to do that but i'm running it on my incredible.
June 07, 2011 @ 16:28:30
I figured out a way to do it using a different music player...hopefully when some more ROMs come out for the Infuse they'll have it built in.
June 10, 2011 @ 15:33:49
your boy copping the galaxy s 2 smokeyface

someone put me on the android game. must have apps? get at me son.
June 10, 2011 @ 15:37:30
your boy copping the galaxy s 2 smokeyface...smh rip iphone.

someone put me on the android game. must have apps? get at me son.
June 10, 2011 @ 17:49:14
ive been a long time supporter and user of Android but am say to say i may jump over to the dark side and pick up an iPhone 4. the iOS 5 coverage blew me away and i have been saying apple needed that "android type stuff" for a long ass time.

besides, my contract is up next month and none android phones out now really stike my fancy
June 19, 2011 @ 10:04:57
Just copped a samsung galaxy s 4g. this AMOLED screen is &)

And everything runs so fucking fast. and the swype keyboard is so much fun to use lol.
I'm really blown away. It shits all over my blackberry, eats some mexican food, and shits on it some more smokeyface

What apps you guys recommend?

\X/

June 22, 2011 @ 11:58:26
best android on tmo? htc sensation g2x or galaxy s2
June 22, 2011 @ 14:55:52
i heard the g2x is the fastest but i dont think you could go wrong with either of em

\X/

June 22, 2011 @ 15:29:54
http://androidspin.com/2011/05/25/t-mobile-g2x-being-pulled-from-shelves/

Theyre not being pulled from shelves, but the line that says, "..some of which CANT be fixed with updates.." would keep me from getting that phone.
I had an LG phone in the past and yeah it had issues.
June 22, 2011 @ 18:39:26
I think I might get an Infuse. Looks super swagged out.
June 23, 2011 @ 10:56:50
Anybody know a good free app that locks up photos from my gallery? Preferably with a pin or something

Live Life // Get Mo Money

June 23, 2011 @ 12:08:13
Originally posted by Inactive User
I think I might get an Infuse. Looks super swagged out.

I have it. I went from the iPhone 3GS to it and I don't regret it at all. There are certain things I miss about iOS, but the pros outweigh the cons.

Anybody know a good free app that locks up photos from my gallery? Preferably with a pin or something

Vaulty. It's got a free version, too.
June 24, 2011 @ 05:53:54
switched from iphone 4.
July 14, 2011 @ 19:30:09
back on da android gang

picked up a htc thunderbolt 4g last week and just sold my iphone 4 on ebay
just finished rooting it this morning
running das bamf rc4 or whatever. haven't messed around with any other roms yet

anyone got a source for paid APKs? i have torrents but i want a forum or website or something. trying to find a good working version of tapatalk
July 14, 2011 @ 20:01:33
speaking of tapatalk - can we get hb forums on this?
July 15, 2011 @ 20:34:45
everyone that's rooted install MIUI custom ROM, and install Launcher Pro and be blown away.
July 17, 2011 @ 16:45:15
just got a vibrant.

after 2 years with an iPhone, i am finally free. i love Android OS so much. being able to download free music off mediafire, etc. and listen to it right after is fucking awesome. got doubleTwist and it works awesome with my iTunes. i'm having too much fun!

thinking of rooting sometime soon. i'll wait though. links to a Samsung Vibrant rooting tut? I'm familiar with jailbreaking and computer shit so I'm familiar with this
July 17, 2011 @ 20:45:37
^^^ someone has seen the light

if only all iphone users could understand da light
July 17, 2011 @ 21:37:27
What's the best Android device that's GSM right now??
July 17, 2011 @ 23:04:29
What's the best Android device that's GSM right now??

prolly the galaxy s2.

im rocking the nexus s and i love it. and its pure android so no manufacturer bloat ware. i definitely recommend it, but the s2 is still better in terms of specs and whatnot.
July 18, 2011 @ 04:37:40
htc sensation &), wait til the bootloaders unlocked the cm7 and all that shit this phone will be smokeyfacesmokeyface
July 18, 2011 @ 09:05:35
i'm about to buy the Xperia Play. But i don't knwo if the psp, n64 games are easy to find... What you know about that?
July 18, 2011 @ 17:48:25
jaded
what's the best android at&t offers? I think I'm officially done with Blackberry...

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

July 18, 2011 @ 18:02:31
what's the best android at&t offers? I think I'm officially done with Blackberry...

samsung infuse. thats what im gonna get. updating from a BB Bold.
July 18, 2011 @ 18:10:19
jaded
Originally posted by Inactive User
samsung infuse. thats what im gonna get. updating from a BB Bold.

Yeah I'll be moving up from the Curve.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

July 19, 2011 @ 02:05:51
Just upgraded from a Curve as well, have the HTC evo.

MUCH easier to use and the internet is a lot faster, defiantly worth the money smokeyfacesmokeyface

Everything is purple.. my brain is fuckin purple

July 19, 2011 @ 14:06:14
just got a vibrant.

after 2 years with an iPhone, i am finally free. i love Android OS so much. being able to download free music off mediafire, etc. and listen to it right after is fucking awesome. got doubleTwist and it works awesome with my iTunes. i'm having too much fun!

thinking of rooting sometime soon. i'll wait though. links to a Samsung Vibrant rooting tut? I'm familiar with jailbreaking and computer shit so I'm familiar with this

Rooting the Vibrant or Galaxy 4Gs is piece of cake.
Register for this site for all your rooting needs:
a-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=708">http://forum.laughinga-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=708

I just updated to a Galaxy 4Gs from the Vibrant.. basically the same phone with a front-facing camera and I believe a few other things, but nothing major. Its basically the international Galaxy phone that first came out couple years ago. I'm looking and waiting to hear bout the Sensation bootloaders being unlocked, then I'll prob switch over.
July 20, 2011 @ 17:46:49
^thanks smokeyface
Please login first to reply.
x