September 22, 2010 @ 01:49 PM
unknown force.

depends on your service provider. VZW you HAVE to have there mobile data plan in order to activate and have service with the phone.

running my original droid1 rooted with bugless beast v4 with no problemzz
ran out of space yesterday on my phone but i got app2sd and root explorer so moved all my games to sdcard.

asphalt 5 is the best racing game on droid right now
September 22, 2010 @ 02:13 PM
Kongo

Aiight, cool man. Ill probably get down and cop me a HTC Wildfire tommorow, any must-have apps I should get?
September 22, 2010 @ 02:42 PM
unknown force.

im not familiar with the htc wildfire in particular but some apps i consider must haves

Handcent - txt msg app
Astro File manager or Root Explorer if rooted - allows you to install stuff and look at files through an explorer
Shoppsavvy or Barcode Scanner - app that scans barcodes using the camera and finds out info about it like prices and stuff. i use it to compare prices when shoppin
September 22, 2010 @ 03:46 PM
Kongo

Cool, thanks man much appreciated
September 22, 2010 @ 05:05 PM
imtheman

HTC Wildfire looks like a pretty decent phone.. has an FM radio included which is pretty cool.
Head over to the XDA forums if youre ever interested on rooting your phone to be able to reach its full potential.
Some apps I like are:

- Pandora radio
- brightness profiles
- sms popup (notifications)
- text easy (for sending txt msgs to more than one person)
- UStream Broadcaster (used to show live video)
- SkyFire (browser with flash enabled streaming)
- Weather Widget
- t-mobile backup (save contacts on t-mobile.com. Not all phones are supported right out the box)
- Wordfeud (just got on this game so add some of us to play - username: perroh)
September 23, 2010 @ 05:22 PM
yung_chico

Loving the WordFeud App, it's very entertaining coolcool
September 23, 2010 @ 06:42 PM
aka_gunsmoke

Anybody picking up a G2?
September 23, 2010 @ 11:21 PM
Kayv

RB kicked my ass hard at word feud. He pulled off some mindblowing shit.
September 26, 2010 @ 02:02 PM
airforce416

anyone know of a good pdf reader?
September 27, 2010 @ 01:51 PM
imtheman

RBTRADITION - Stop using a dictionary!
haaa cool
October 7, 2010 @ 04:02 AM
calintz

cool
October 8, 2010 @ 12:17 PM
typo

in a couple years(maybe sooner) android will be king of the market.
October 10, 2010 @ 04:16 PM
rommell84

Great thread im on a mytouch 3g, took the advise and removed the advance task killer, noticed a difference in speed seeing how andriod handles the apps etc.

an app I recommend for photos is PICSAY looks cheesy from the outside but it allows you to add text etc to your pics so this in combination with photoshop, fxcamera cool
October 10, 2010 @ 04:21 PM
OmegaSvpreme

Great thread im on a mytouch 3g, took the advise and removed the advance task killer, noticed a difference in speed seeing how andriod handles the apps etc.

an app I recommend for photos is PICSAY looks cheesy from the outside but it allows you to add text etc to your pics so this in combination with photoshop, fxcamera cool

+1 on picsay
October 10, 2010 @ 06:04 PM
sjl.

Anyone using a Desire? Thoughts? Thinking of picking one up when they inevitably drop in price with the Desire Z and HD coming out.
October 13, 2010 @ 03:26 PM
Rolledankle

still waiting on that froyo goodiness on my mytouch3g, should be any day now cool

follow me on instagram: @rolledankle

October 13, 2010 @ 11:56 PM
facerip

my htc hero is on its final stretch. I've had it since launch. What is the big android phone to get nowadays?
October 14, 2010 @ 10:50 PM
nestk.

Anyone have their phone rooted? I rooted mine but I don't really know what to do. All I've done was customize my theme somewhat.. I have the cyanogenmod 6 rom.
October 15, 2010 @ 12:28 PM
imtheman

Anyone have their phone rooted? I rooted mine but I don't really know what to do. All I've done was customize my theme somewhat.. I have the cyanogenmod 6 rom.

Well depends on what phone you have. I have a G1 rooted and I've tried the CM 6 rom and that shit works fine but then starts crashing, so I actually went back to an older rom.. HTCLAY's SuperBad. I think its based off a CM 5 rom, but its the only rom that I can say has ran super smooth, fast, and rarely crashes.
With a rooted phone you use wifi tethering, use roms that are based off of Froyo updates like the rom you have now, overclock - underclock the phone to speed up or slow down the phone to save battery or increase performance, full customization of almost anything... lots of stuff that I'm sure I forgot to mention or havent tried.
I thinking bout getting a G2 from Costco, they have a $99 special going on right now until the 7th, but I read that it can be temporarily rooted - once the phone reboots, it resets itself. I give a few weeks before somebody finds a way to get it rooted for sure.
October 15, 2010 @ 12:41 PM
Rolledankle

Well depends on what phone you have. I have a G1 rooted and I've tried the CM 6 rom and that shit works fine but then starts crashing, so I actually went back to an older rom.. HTCLAY's SuperBad. I think its based off a CM 5 rom, but its the only rom that I can say has ran super smooth, fast, and rarely crashes.
With a rooted phone you use wifi tethering, use roms that are based off of Froyo updates like the rom you have now, overclock - underclock the phone to speed up or slow down the phone to save battery or increase performance, full customization of almost anything... lots of stuff that I'm sure I forgot to mention or havent tried.
I thinking bout getting a G2 from Costco, they have a $99 special going on right now until the 7th, but I read that it can be temporarily rooted - once the phone reboots, it resets itself. I give a few weeks before somebody finds a way to get it rooted for sure.

yea imma try to get my hands on that, such a steal for a powerhouse phone on TMO! cool

follow me on instagram: @rolledankle

October 21, 2010 @ 10:53 AM
glennboy

dunno if this was posted but if you dont already have it, i recommend Swype for the Evo. it makes my texting like 5x faster

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCSrj7Nao1U&p=8D9E7333F955415E&playnext=1&index=5

Live Life // Get Mo Money

October 22, 2010 @ 08:39 PM
typo

slideit, i like better. sliding keyboards are amazing.
October 24, 2010 @ 05:12 PM
unknown force.

i've had swype on my og moto droid for a long time
October 25, 2010 @ 05:14 AM
BBD

I'm hearing they aint worth it $
October 28, 2010 @ 06:30 PM
calintz

The Nexus Two is real. It's made by Samsung, and a friend of ours got to play with it. It's not going rock your face like the Nexus One did. But it will record it with a front-facing camera.

"When I first saw it from 10 feet away, I thought it was the Galaxy S," says our source, who got to handle one. "I was a little surprised it was the Nexus Two," because it's so different from the Nexus One.

It's black and shiny, built with glossy plastic. Up close, though, it's "got this curve to it." While the screen, which our source thinks is the same 4-inch AMOLED affair from the Galaxy series, is flat, the front is "sort of concave" with hard edges. And the back is curved. The tapering makes it feel thinner than Galaxy S, though it might be about the same thickness. "It feels really similar to the Galaxy S in a lot ways."

Externally, the main difference from all of the current Galaxy S variants in the US is that it's got a front-facing camera, and it's running a stock build of Android that was still "really buggy." (Update: Forgot about the Epic 4G, which has a front camera.) Our source wasn't sure if the internals were any different. Google's supposedly trying to building video chat into Gingerbread, using the same protocol as Google Talk. So it makes sense that the flagship phone for the next year—the one that most Googlers will probably be developing on—comes with a front-facing camera, even if video chat doesn't quite make it into Gingerbread.

At first blush, it's a little disappointing that Google possibly isn't pushing things forward in the same way they did with the Nexus One, since it seems like the Nexus Two is a refreshed Galaxy phone. On the other hand, it says a lot that the Android ecosystem is so stocked with high-powered phones, from the Evo to the Droid X, that even Google won't radically jump ahead of its partners with a new flagship.

Citing unnamed sources, Android and Me is reporting that the Nexus Two will be announced by Samsung at a November 8th (the first day of Windows Phone 7 sales) press conference. Google meets Galaxy S? Sounds like a potent combo.

The rumor has it that Samsung will start shipping the new device "soon," and that it'll be the first pre-loaded with Gingerbread (Android 3.0). The Nexus Two will also apparently be available on multiple carriers, although there's no word yet as to which, specifically.

October 28, 2010 @ 06:55 PM
unknown force.

did u do it through your memory card and open it with a file opener? i tried that and it was the demo version only and it wasnt workin too good for me. but i do like SLideIT

found it initially on a droid forum then dl'd a newer version from demonoid.

my fucking keyboard is crapping out on me right now though, it seems like its coming unglued from the actual keyboard backing so whenever i type it makes a clicking noise and is harder to type. gonna take it to vzw and see if they take care of it if not i'm shippin it out to motorola.razz
October 29, 2010 @ 02:16 AM
Trollinator

samsung fucking sucks

I want to see the world burn

October 29, 2010 @ 03:58 AM
2ichard3rooks

RB kicked my ass hard at word feud. He pulled off some mindblowing shit.

RBTRADITION - Stop using a dictionary!
haaa cool

haha... I used to play words with friends on my friends iPhone so I know all the little tricks like 'qi' and 'za'. small words with a lot of points. you pick up on those after play for a while.
October 29, 2010 @ 05:32 AM
calintz

was playing on a random board - shit got crazy like scoring 180 points off 1 word lol
October 29, 2010 @ 01:04 PM
typo

^ nice! just DLed the demo version of SlideIt. shits legit. might even buy it... but anyone know if the original Moto Droid will get Swype tho? and will it be free?

swype is about ready to come to the market for everyone. their latest update fixed a ton of bugs and makes its even more accurate. its highly doubtful it will be free though.

im going to stick with slideit though since i already paid for it and it a has a few features swype doesn't. google voice compatibility appeases me.

i will never use a traditional keyboard again(on a phone). computers need this tech asap.

Please login first to reply.