SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
May 9, 2006 @ 02:02 PM
Peter Suh

More info released.. check it out: LINK

Approximately the size of three stacked DVD cases, Wii's elegant design makes it an inviting addition to your entertainment setup without monopolizing it. Thanks to the Wii Remote, you're given more freedom to place the console where it best suits your lifestyle.

Virtual Console: Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). The Virtual Console also will feature a "best of" selection from Sega Genesis titles and games from the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). It also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets.
May 9, 2006 @ 04:23 PM
Big Spartacus

<------*Will have one in his house*
May 11, 2006 @ 09:39 AM
MystaX

Any of u guys see the demo on G4? They showed how u could play the new Zelda game by swinging the control around like a sword... shits hot
May 11, 2006 @ 11:57 AM
AGARBATTI

Wow... I need it! Yea the E3 show was hot.. the mario game looked crazy lol...
May 11, 2006 @ 02:18 PM

Inactive

Whoa i dunno about that controller
May 11, 2006 @ 04:50 PM
MystaX

The controller is kinda funky... they look like nunchucks cuz its one for each hand and they're attached on a wire... the left is kinda like a remote controll with a thumbstick... and the right has like a targeting sensor... they showed how when u use like the bow and arrow or grappling hook u actually aim with ur right hand... and they both have motion sensors on it so thats where the sword swinging comes into play!
May 11, 2006 @ 04:52 PM
Peter Suh

I can't find the pic.. but there was a picture of a girl holding the controller sideways like an old-school NES controller!
May 11, 2006 @ 08:04 PM
BSmoove201

<------*Will have one in his house*

[FONT="Century Gothic"]<------*Won't Have One In His House*[/FONT]
May 13, 2006 @ 11:03 PM
MystaX

man did u see the price for PS3? it's like $499 for the 20gig "base" model, $599 for the 100gig one... i remember back when Wii was still called the Revolution it was supposed to go for $99. Did they jack it up?
May 14, 2006 @ 03:08 AM

Inactive

nintendogs
May 15, 2006 @ 09:50 AM

Inactive

man did u see the price for PS3? it's like $499 for the 20gig "base" model, $599 for the 100gig one... i remember back when Wii was still called the Revolution it was supposed to go for $99. Did they jack it up?

i dont think it will be $99 but for sure cheaper than the ps3.. under $300 is what i've been reading..
May 15, 2006 @ 10:13 AM
Peter Suh

I heard $200-$250 from dude that went to E3..
May 15, 2006 @ 11:24 AM
MystaX

Ah dammit I wanted like 3 of them ;) ... oh well... I found it funny how Microsoft was like "there's definitely room for a 360 and Wii in your home" after they announced the PS3 price
May 24, 2006 @ 03:44 AM
nikki

u guys can check it out at this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73yDRm8KaWY
May 24, 2006 @ 04:49 AM
!!!!!!!

last year around this time i was like.... "ok... going to wait for the ps3.." now i'm leaning more towards the Wii. looks like Nintendo is doin it right again... (wasn't feelin the game cube...... at all.)

and for the controllers... they're having the crazy ones, as well as another controller that resembles the Super NES controllers.

this little video clip pretty much shows you everything...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-uDfGiXhs
May 24, 2006 @ 08:48 AM
MystaX

u guys can check it out at this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73yDRm8KaWY

Wow... that shooter game looked hot! The sword fighting was awesome as well!
May 24, 2006 @ 03:17 PM

Inactive

Ahh

I see how the controler works now....actually pretty cool
May 24, 2006 @ 10:59 PM
nikki

Damn, i want both the PS 3 and the Nintendo Wii system... but after seeing the video Clips, I DEF. want the Wii over the PS3... that shiet is HOT... any one got a release date yet!?

no official date yet
but heard this october
May 25, 2006 @ 12:49 AM

Inactive

i hope red steel is a launch title.
May 25, 2006 @ 01:35 AM

Inactive

the wii is gonna suck, yea its innovative and all but that controller i have a feeling its gonna bring it down, from what i read its my understanding that for the new madden game when ur on offense and you are the qb you have to select who u want to pass to then motion to throw the ball while with the other hand ur controlling the joystick and using it to avoid the other team tryin to tackle you, seems its gonna be kinda tuff, i think its gonna have a steep learning curve and also has ne1 seen the sight??ppl are gettin all crazy with the controller waving there arms around in the air if you ask me nintendo is gonna have a lawsuit on there hands sum1s gonna loose an eye, one good thing tho its gonna b cheap
May 25, 2006 @ 02:15 AM
nikki

the wii is gonna suck, yea its innovative and all but that controller i have a feeling its gonna bring it down, from what i read its my understanding that for the new madden game when ur on offense and you are the qb you have to select who u want to pass to then motion to throw the ball while with the other hand ur controlling the joystick and using it to avoid the other team tryin to tackle you, seems its gonna be kinda tuff, i think its gonna have a steep learning curve and also has ne1 seen the sight??ppl are gettin all crazy with the controller waving there arms around in the air if you ask me nintendo is gonna have a lawsuit on there hands sum1s gonna loose an eye, one good thing tho its gonna b cheap

ahah
yea ive seen the clip
the controller can get quite complicated to use...ie first person shootin games
i guess it all depends on the games itself
like u said...madden might be one of those that suck
i also saw this tennis game....like i get the forehands/backhands
but how are u suppose to move ur player?!?!...hmmm
anyways...interestin to see how this does when its released
May 25, 2006 @ 02:33 AM

Inactive

ahah
yea ive seen the clip
the controller can get quite complicated to use...ie first person shootin games
i guess it all depends on the games itself
like u said...madden might be one of those that suck
i also saw this tennis game....like i get the forehands/backhands
but how are u suppose to move ur player?!?!...hmmm
anyways...interestin to see how this does when its released

for tennis u have the joystick in ur other hand so you can move your player, i think its gonna b really fn gay at first it will be interesting to see how it plays out i still think sum1s gonna get there eye poked out but doesnt this controller remind you of something.........
May 25, 2006 @ 03:19 AM
nikki

^ ahahahaha
i can see how its dangerous when waving the controllers and what not
but i bet nintendo is prob gonna release some sort of disclaimer...statin some crap bout how they are not responsible for any accidents while using the wii
i dunnnnnoo
ahaha for some games that require the use of both controllers is gonna be even more dangerous...not one but TWO waving hands
i would imagine keepin the joystick one completely still is kinda hard
so yeaaaa...more eyes r gonna be poked razz
May 25, 2006 @ 06:15 AM
MystaX

could be any more gay than the dude who did the warhawk demo on PS3? =P
May 25, 2006 @ 12:40 PM
TheFly

the wii is gonna suck, yea its innovative and all but that controller i have a feeling its gonna bring it down, from what i read its my understanding that for the new madden game when ur on offense and you are the qb you have to select who u want to pass to then motion to throw the ball while with the other hand ur controlling the joystick and using it to avoid the other team tryin to tackle you, seems its gonna be kinda tuff, i think its gonna have a steep learning curve

I believe that they are going to release a "normal" controller as well. It would make sense that most third part games will have standard controller options, after all having to make every game compatible with the Wii controller would be a pain for other developers. After all the work they put into making a certain game work well on a standard controller having to go and redo it all for a Wii controller would be a pain and possibly not be possible/ruin the game. Maybe gamecube controllers will be compatible? Either way its all speculation and the true test till be when every 10 year old in the world gets their dirty little hands on it.
May 25, 2006 @ 01:01 PM
Peter Suh

If you turn the controller around, it is a regualr controller..
May 25, 2006 @ 02:13 PM
TheFly

If you turn the controller around, it is a regualr controller..

Problem Solved!
May 25, 2006 @ 02:36 PM
Peter Suh

Pic from the Wii site:
May 25, 2006 @ 06:40 PM

Inactive

saw this too
May 27, 2006 @ 03:43 PM
Helgen

Sony is making the motion sensor in the controller so that if you moved the controller to the left while playing a racing game for example, the car would move left.

The Wii is looking mad promising though man, I wanted PS3 mad badly before, but it's too expensive, Wii is a measily $200!

Please login first to reply.