PS3: PSN Name Thread

Jun 20, 2011 @ 05:48
I hate how you have to have your external drive set to a certain type of extension file. I got a 1TB external that's filled to 500Gigs with music and shit but I'm afraid to change the default file format because I don't want to lose this shit.
Jun 20, 2011 @ 10:34
not NTFS
Jun 20, 2011 @ 16:45
Jack Tretton:
Originally posted by Inactive User
When will you start talking about the PlayStation 4?
PlayStation 3 is really just hitting its stride. And technologically, I don’t think it’s possible to provide any advancement beyond what we have. What we’ve seen from the competition is trying to add features that already exist in PlayStation 3. We invested heavily in that, we rolled a very heavy rock up a steep hill, through the launch period. But now I think that all pays off, and we’ve got a long run way behind it. So, I wouldn’t look for any discussion of a next generation PlayStation for quite some time.
I think there’s ground to be carved out for everybody. But I didn’t see anything about Nintendo’s announcement that said ‘Oh, we’d better get working on rolling out a new PlayStation here pretty soon.’
Our attitude is kind of ‘welcome to the party.’ If you’re looking at being a multimedia entertainment device, if you’re looking at high def gaming, that was 2006 for us.

http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/06/20/jack-tretton-talks-about-playstation-4/

(Invalid img)
Microsoft and Nintendo better sit down.
Jun 20, 2011 @ 17:20
Jack Tretton:
http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/06/20/jack-tretton-talks-about-playstation-4/

(Invalid img)
Microsoft and Nintendo better sit down.

LMAO god damn...

-THiZZ
Jun 20, 2011 @ 17:40
big talk... but they better not be caught off guard when Nintendo and Microsoft release consoles within the next 2 years...
Jun 20, 2011 @ 17:42
remember when PS3 had backwards compatibility and otherOS support
Jun 20, 2011 @ 18:18
remember when the 360 failure rate was...

nevermind I'm not gonna start something.
Jun 20, 2011 @ 18:21
i lold hard. jack tretton is such a douche

2015 Reel vimeo.com/97743690

Jun 20, 2011 @ 19:55
portal 2 and black cocks seems like a great deal.

Jun 20, 2011 @ 20:30
Yea that's a great deal from toyrus. Only thing I'd get would be LA noire, but I'm still gonna wait a while til it's real cheap used.
Jun 20, 2011 @ 21:46
dont get La norie, save your money even if you are getting it for $25, shit is trash

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

Jun 20, 2011 @ 21:51
not NTFS

Yeah, and my external is NTFS. It pisses me off because Ive got a bunch of awesome blurays on there I want to watch but I need the PS3 for an HDMI export to my tv.

Also good looking out on the Toys R' Us discount.
Jun 20, 2011 @ 22:29
If anyone wants to make some money off that toys r us deal buy portal 2 and la noire and then return them to walmart without a receipt. Even though you won't get cash you'll still get a walmart giftcard for about $120.
Jun 20, 2011 @ 22:55
Yeah, and my external is NTFS. It pisses me off because Ive got a bunch of awesome blurays on there I want to watch but I need the PS3 for an HDMI export to my tv.

Also good looking out on the Toys R' Us discount.

Just stream it over.
Jun 20, 2011 @ 23:19
streaming is ass for high quality videos
Jun 20, 2011 @ 23:31
If anyone wants to make some money off that toys r us deal buy portal 2 and la noire and then return them to walmart without a receipt. Even though you won't get cash you'll still get a walmart giftcard for about $120.

such an infamous thing to do.

Jun 21, 2011 @ 07:59
streaming is ass for high quality videos

I stream HD fine, with no transcoding, through a wired connection. If there is any issue or if I happen to be using wifi, I just wait the few minutes by opting to copy the file onto the PS3 from the media server.
Jun 21, 2011 @ 10:28
how big are the files you are playing
Jun 21, 2011 @ 10:42
Have any of you ran into a movie torrent that has that new marking or something that doesnt allow the file to be played back on certain hardware, like the PS3??
Some new movies were made with some kind of protection and it cant be burned or copied over to anything, you have to watch it with certain codecs on your pc.. I forget what its called.
Jun 21, 2011 @ 11:00
Typically <10GB 720p rips

I don't normally download 1080p.

Have any of you ran into a movie torrent that has that new marking or something that doesnt allow the file to be played back on certain hardware, like the PS3??
Some new movies were made with some kind of protection and it cant be burned or copied over to anything, you have to watch it with certain codecs on your pc.. I forget what its called.

You mean Cinavia, where the audio goes mute? That shit makes me want to pull my hair out...
Jun 21, 2011 @ 11:08
You mean Cinavia, where the audio goes mute? That shit makes me want to pull my hair out...

there you go, that.
I downloaded a Kung-Fu Panda 2 file and when I transferred over to my thumb drive to watch on the PS3, I get that stupid fuckin message!! Is there way to watch it aside from the PC??!

On a side note, I finally started to play Infamous from that free download deal and it seems pretty cool. I like that whole freeworld-exploration vibe, like Grand Theft Auto. I just started, so I have tons to learn.
Jun 21, 2011 @ 11:13
there you go, that.
I downloaded a Kung-Fu Panda 2 file and when I transferred over to my thumb drive to watch on the PS3, I get that stupid fuckin message!! Is there way to watch it aside from the PC??!

On a side note, I finally started to play Infamous from that free download deal and it seems pretty cool. I like that whole freeworld-exploration vibe, like Grand Theft Auto. I just started, so I have tons to learn.

There are a few posted workarounds to Cinavia, but I haven't tried them.

Inactive User

Jun 21, 2011 @ 12:32
apparently they've apprehended a 19yo in london in connection with the security breach.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/06/21/uk.sony.hack.arrest/
Jun 22, 2011 @ 15:49
wowwww, for the toys r us coupon,

i went to two different locations and both had signs stating that the "2 for $50 ps3/xbox games" was incorrect on sunday's ad, and that the correct one is "purchase 2 of those titles @ reg price, THEN a $50 gift card"

so pissed. . whack. wasted my time and ink, that deal was too good to be true
Jun 22, 2011 @ 16:02
That is bullshit
Jun 22, 2011 @ 16:08
That is bullshit

i know, i drove like 30 miles to the other toys r us today AND i got lost for like 20 mins, went to the closer one yesterday.

either they really did make a mistake, or they just realized what a deal this was for us and changed it last min, bullshit big time ?)
Jun 22, 2011 @ 17:45
theyre forced by law to give you the deal if its been printed.

not if they put out a sign that says there was a misprint in the advertisement.

Jun 22, 2011 @ 22:46
^ Pwn'd.
Jun 23, 2011 @ 19:54
i tried switching out my hard drive for the first time today, and when i was on the blue screw it was already partially stripped and i made it worse by using the wrong size screwdriver. i swear the screw is made from aluminum or some shit. its impossible to get out now since the head is just a circle. fml smh
Jun 23, 2011 @ 19:59
Try pliers, or you're just fucked.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0