Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
May 2, 2011 @ 07:55 PM
calintz

kickarss.com/sony-playstation/ps3-news/278-psn-is-up-in-japan-possibly-going-live-may-3-in-the-us-and-europe

not confirmed by sony, so dunno if true, but users are tweeting about it
May 2, 2011 @ 07:58 PM

Inactive

hope so
May 2, 2011 @ 09:29 PM
ceewok

fiending for a game of cod...
May 3, 2011 @ 10:41 AM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

i need a program to stream videos from my imac to my ps3. any suggestions?

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

May 3, 2011 @ 01:15 PM
hypoh

ps3 media server
medialink
May 3, 2011 @ 02:08 PM
Trollinator

Vuze

I want to see the world burn

May 3, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
Pierre

Damn hackers got me.. Cleaned my account out and over drafted it too.. Lord Lord Lord i needed those $132. But for real i don't know if it was due to the PSN getting hacked or what cuz i do a lot of online shopping. I never had any problems with it tho up until the same week that PSN went down. Could just be coincidence tho. All i know is im going to be a lot more careful with my info from now on and only buy the PSN redeem codes and not use my CC#
May 3, 2011 @ 09:43 PM
Pierre

i think my bank is going to take care of it for now. Some guy with a heavy African dialect called me up The same day it happened and asked me about my purchases for the day. It was 10 in the morning and i hadn't even got out the bed and he asking me if i made a payment to some company overseas in India. Im like nah dude i haven't even left the house yet. so we canceled that shit. but it was too late and it still went through. Life lesson learned. If you ever check your account and see a few purchases for anything under 2 bucks be alert on that. they told me the hackers always do some test shit like buy some real inexpensive shit to make sure it works then they strike. My account had a few little purchases for like 1.50
May 3, 2011 @ 09:48 PM
unknown force.

you're bank should take care of you
i know with BoA they call me like as soon as something big gets purchased or if anything out of state does.
sucks cause i was trying to buy a TV a couple of months ago and they locked my account lol but i guess its for the best
May 4, 2011 @ 12:05 AM
Trollinator

AYo force i got BoA too

but how can i have it locked for me?

did you give them a certain amount to lock your account?

May 4, 2011 @ 01:48 PM
THiZZ

BoA will usually call and mention the last 4 or so purchases and have you verify them until you do your card will be locked for your protection. I've had it happen recently but the purchases were legit...

-THiZZ
May 4, 2011 @ 03:01 PM
zyezye

so, any good bundles out for the ps3? need a replacement ever since my cousin bought mine
May 4, 2011 @ 11:43 PM
Trollinator

After the Cyber attack

i suggest you wait for a special welcome back bundlecool

no joke

May 5, 2011 @ 12:05 PM
Iggle

pretty hard finding a good deal on bundles with decent games

amazon has a pretty good non-bundle deal though: 160gig ps3 for $300 + $50 amazon credit with free shipping

not bad if you shop at amazon. plus the no tax is nice

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VUO6H4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#pedogangweindis

May 5, 2011 @ 12:09 PM
imtheman

dammit... I think I'm going to give in and update my PS3 after all this PSN shit is done and backup.
I really want to get in on Socom 4 and get back to my FIFA.
May 5, 2011 @ 02:13 PM
imtheman

why are all modded PS3 users doing that now? lol you're like the 4th one this week i heard say that.

because of Socom man!
I've been waiting for Socom to come back because I grew real tired of the run & gun war games like COD. I miss the strategy and realism (somewhat) that Socom brought back in the day.
And of course FIFA.. I miss playing online.
May 6, 2011 @ 06:28 AM

Inactive

news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20060227-260.html

Exclusive: Third attack against Sony planned

A group of hackers says it is planning another wave of cyberattacks against Sony in retaliation for its handling of the PlayStation Network breach.

An observer of the Internet Relay Chat channel used by the hackers told CNET today that a third major attack is planned this weekend against Sony's Web site. The people involved plan to publicize all or some of the information they are able to copy from Sony's servers, which could include customer names, credit card numbers, and addresses, according to the source. The hackers claim they currently have access to some of Sony's servers.

Should the planned attack succeed, it would be the latest blow in a series of devastating security breaches of Sony's servers over the past month. The failure of Sony's server security has ignited investigations by the FBI, the Department of Justice, Congress, and the New York State Attorney General, a well as data security and privacy authorities in the U.K., Canada, and Taiwan.

Several weeks ago the hacker group known as Anonymous targeted several Sony Web sites, including Sony.com and SonyStyle.com, with a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack in retaliation for what its members saw as Sony's unfair legal action against hacker George Hotz. Two weeks ago Sony's PlayStation Network, along with its Qriocity service and Sony Online, were the target of an attack that exposed the personal information of more than 100 million Sony customers. Sony was forced to shut down PSN, Qriocity, and Sony Online, and is currently working to bring them back online after rebuilding the security of its servers.

Sony says it doesn't know who orchestrated what it's calling a "highly sophisticated, planned" attack, but it has dropped hints that the group Anonymous is involved. Kazuo Hirai, chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment, told a Congressional subcommittee in a letter yesterday that the intruders on its servers planted a file named "Anonymous" containing the statement "We are Legion," part of the group's tagline.

Anonymous issued a statement yesterday denying it was involved in the PSN breach. "While we are a distributed and decentralized group, our 'leadership' does not condone credit card theft," the statement said.

Now it seems the same group of hackers that was able to infiltrate the PSN servers is planning to hit back against Sony.

Sony did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

May 6, 2011 @ 09:38 AM

Inactive

dont believe it.

smh how naive, anything is a possiblity at this time

if two months ago someone said to you psn would be down for more then 3 days with Sony having a major disaster on their hands you would have said the same thing.
May 6, 2011 @ 09:53 AM
unknown force.

Someone tell them to wait until I get to play 1 game of socom online jesus
May 6, 2011 @ 09:57 AM
chex

Anyone down to let me download the First Strike and Escalation map packs for Black Ops from their account? I'll let you get Scott Pilgrim off mine in return
May 6, 2011 @ 11:27 AM
C_Augustus_O

these Anonymous ♥♥♥♥♥s are getting annoying as fuck, like come on

is psn back on?

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

May 6, 2011 @ 01:30 PM
Trollinator

^werd

So i guess monday is when its going to be back on

May 6, 2011 @ 03:12 PM
Constellations

monday? FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK. I WANNA PLAY SOCOM

\X/

May 6, 2011 @ 03:47 PM
dhkgfkdj

Sony will apologize to its PlayStation Network account holders in Europe by handing out free games, the company announced on its official blog today, while it sorts out the logistics of its identity theft protection program. So, what will you get, Europe?

"We will be offering PSN users the opportunity to select two PS3 games from a list of five, as well as offering PSP users the opportunity to choose two games from a list of four," writes Sony Computer Entertainment Europe communications head Nick Caplin. "We will let you know exactly what games are available very soon."

SCEE has been generous in the past with giveaway games, handing out free first-party titles to PSPgo investors in 2009. We would expect first-party downloadable titles to be on offer as part of the "Welcome Back" effort too.

Yesterday, Sony Computer Entertainment America outlined its plans to offer free identity theft protection to its PlayStation Network members for up to a year. SCEA said it's working on its make-good program, "evaluating ways to show appreciation for your extraordinary patience as we work to get these services back online."

The PlayStation Network has been offline since April 20 and is expected to return in some capacity by the end of this week.

kotaku.com/#!5799422/sony-europe-plans-to-make-good-on-psn-downtime-with-free-ps3-and-psp-games

US better be getting this too, or some form of it. Not that I feel that Sony is required to reimburse us for the downtime, but I wouldn't mind free stuff either.
May 6, 2011 @ 05:17 PM
unknown force.

nise some greatest hits games or whatever they're called.

hope they have uncharted on the list so i can finally play the first 1

i'd take motorstorm for free too cool
May 6, 2011 @ 07:37 PM
Constellations

2+ weeks of no psn is not worth some greatest hits game. fuck that

\X/

May 6, 2011 @ 07:38 PM
C_Augustus_O

so i can get two games with my u.s psn account and two more with my europe account? ummmmmmmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

May 6, 2011 @ 08:06 PM
J THRILLLAH

I like how when I finally got one, PSN goes out. Didn't find any bundles out there recently, was hoping to get that Killzone deal.

I was curious if anyone here subscribed to the PlayStation magazine.

May 6, 2011 @ 08:28 PM
daledoh

it'll most likely be downloadable software from the ps store, so no shipping

therainset.com

May 6, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
daledoh

just checked playstation blog. psn services delayed again lol

therainset.com

Please login first to reply.