FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
June 21, 2010 @ 10:16 AM
shakintheD

Thread for discussing games for the PC and post your gaming rig.

currently i have a crappy compaq desktop and i want to upgrade it
what cpus,motherboards,graphics cards should i get, my budget is pretty low (around $150-300"
and this if my first time installing new parts to a computer
June 21, 2010 @ 11:56 PM
Electric Devil

whats the model of the compaq,before you make any upgrades you'll need to know what your system can accept and what it cant
June 22, 2010 @ 12:41 AM

Inactive

There's no way you can make significant upgrades to all those parts with a budget like that. I'd recommend you save up a little more and build a new computer from scratch. There's plenty of guides on the internet on how to do so.
June 22, 2010 @ 11:39 AM
slugg

head over to anandtech.com or overclock.net

both the forums and main page of anandtech have a lot to offer, as well as some pricing/build guides for different ranges. 150-300 total is not going to get you much, if anything at all capable of gaming better than your current rig. try and put together around 700-800 if you can and you should be good from there. a little less could do it, but that'd be better. then again, my next pc build is going to run me ~2000 so I don't have a lot of experience putting together the lower spectrum systems. also, check some classifieds and the for sale subforums at both anand and overclock. often times you'll find people selling a full rig for that range, or parting it out. good luck.

Please login first to reply.