Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 22, 2011 @ 01:13 AM
calintz

alot of good reviews - thinking of of copping

has this game bettered SSF4 for best fighter this gen?
April 23, 2011 @ 02:14 AM
Deccck

A shitty American fighter cannot top a Japanese fighter.
April 23, 2011 @ 06:11 AM
calintz

good shit... i just wanted that confirmed hahaha
April 23, 2011 @ 03:24 PM
scfdefinit

Only certain characters can combo after x-ray if theres a bounce or launch after it. I said combos were pretty strict because I kept dropping some juggles in practice mode. I guess I'm too used to tekken and adding pauses inbetween juggles so they pop up a bit more, gotta get used to the physics. For example, Liu Kang's b+3, 1, 2 -> dash -> f+2, 4 -> flying kick pretty much has to be input immediately because the f+2, 4 wasn't connecting for me everytime. Or trying to connect some Kung Lao combos after his dive kick on a launched opponent.

I've kinda been messing with Ermac, super easy to use but the problem with Ermac is all his strings hit high, no lows, mids or anything. I guess you're just supposed to zone with him since you can't really rush down/pressure since he lacks good mix ups. I'll wait until I see more gameplay with him.

Kabal however great mixup and his strings are generally safe, I'll probably pick him up along with Smoke.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjwPDd9ozAY

As far as comparing games SSFIV is hands down the best fighting game of this generation. But, I'd say MK9 is 2nd. T6 was pretty disappointing for me and I'm not really a fan of MvC3.
April 24, 2011 @ 08:01 PM
mixtape_03

hey guys, thinking about copping this game this wk. . worth it?

also wanted to know if the campaign is anything more than just being directed straight to the arcade style gameplay?
April 24, 2011 @ 08:19 PM
mixtape_03

its worth it if you are into competitive play online and stuff. and yes! the story is much more than that. there is a 16 chapter story that takes you through mortal kombat 1-3's story and you use every character to advance the story. There is cut scenes and shit.

good look, it looks like you convinced me. sounds promising. . thanks
April 24, 2011 @ 10:43 PM
ominousred

I would say that if you are looking for an extremely technical fighting game, SF is the way to go. They have produced so many SF games, they have the strategy down. But I love MK because it isn't so technical. You learn a few basic combos and you have a fighting chance in the game because if you can successfully block an attack, you have a lot of time to counter.
April 25, 2011 @ 09:45 PM
scfdefinit

Some quality Kung Lao, Smoke, and Ermac gameplay.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29UNfxBnv0

LevelUp Tournament (Has some veteran SFIV players Combofiend and Alex Valle)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPX-rsNBpgo

I have a feeling this game is going to blow up soon as far as competitive gameplay a lot of good players from other games are playing it, I know Justin Wong has but he does play like every fighting game. Don't dismiss it as far as technical gameplay, people are still starting to pick up on this game. It hasn't even been out for a week yet. No ones even messed with tag team mode in a competitive setting. I wasn't expecting the game to be this good. It's not just a game like MK vs. DC where you just play it for entertainment and messing around.

Story mode is amazing, lots of extras, online, DLC content I feel will be solid. It's worth buying at full price for what you're getting. Maybe even if you're not a hardcore fighting game player.
April 26, 2011 @ 10:12 AM
ominousred

Moooooooooooooooooooooooss!
April 26, 2011 @ 10:51 PM
flossb15

^ haha thats crazy!
April 28, 2011 @ 05:05 PM
MrImFukNSleepN

Alright fuck what I said, I decided to give this shit a real chance, and it's dope.

I have a thing going with noob and striker.
April 28, 2011 @ 05:18 PM
Shanklin

Man fuck this game. Got my ass handed to me earlier today, felt like I never played a fighter before sad. This game is so much different, I hate how block is a separate button.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

April 28, 2011 @ 09:16 PM
ominousred

I have a thing going with noob and striker.

I got to Stryker in the story mode but I have to practice with him. I don't know any of his combos or how to chain any movies. I don't even know how to approach playing with him yet.

Man fuck this game. Got my ass handed to me earlier today, felt like I never played a fighter before sad. This game is so much different, I hate how block is a separate button.

The block button changes the whole aspect and strategy of the game. I think its a fresh opposite to Street Fighter. In SF you just pull away and auto block where in MK you have to consciously block. Its a lot more fun to me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WloF65tz444
April 29, 2011 @ 12:46 AM
xVILLN

same thing happened to me when i played.
Idk,i think im just geared more towards SF.mortal kombat was never really my shit to begin with.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

April 29, 2011 @ 02:05 PM
D

I like how you can cancel a dash with block. You can advance on somebody and be safe my dash blocking. This game really is all about rush down, 9/10 you can't turtle and win a la SF (No hate, because I love SF but it's the truth). Anyone having trouble with the game, you really gotta hit the lab and learn your BnB combos and maximize your damage.

Also I learned it's better to use pokes like cr.FK or cr.FP or even sweeps to block at close range. You take chip damage regardless and instead of just sitting there and blocking while an opponent is mauling you, you can use a poke to break their combo. You can even use these pokes to mixup and when your in rushdown mode.
April 29, 2011 @ 05:12 PM
ateeeewuh.

ermac and noob can zone. just saying
April 29, 2011 @ 09:21 PM
Eddy.

I like how you can cancel a dash with block. You can advance on somebody and be safe my dash blocking. This game really is all about rush down, 9/10 you can't turtle and win a la SF (No hate, because I love SF but it's the truth). Anyone having trouble with the game, you really gotta hit the lab and learn your BnB combos and maximize your damage.

u cant really turtle in sf. if u could, there would be more wins due to beating the timer, but u hardly see that happen.
April 30, 2011 @ 02:01 AM
April 30, 2011 @ 10:12 AM
Hellah Fresh

April 30, 2011 @ 04:15 PM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

anyone unlock the secret fight with noob? I got my ass handed to me

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

April 30, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

is there any secret when Dan Forden pops out of the corner and says "Toasty!" in this one?

I've had him pop out three times today

April 30, 2011 @ 09:58 PM
Deccck

This game seems so broken, it might be because I'm so used to SSFIV and MvC3 but the pacing feels bad and doesn't seem as fluid. Online is also broken which kind of sucks.
April 30, 2011 @ 10:08 PM
mowgli

just kawped the mk9, my childhood should arrive on tuesday. i have SSFIV and MvC:CoTW, not necessarily my cup of tea but needed something to fill the void. i could suck at this game (very unlikely) but i'd still love it for what it is. damn i'm so sai-giddy.
May 6, 2011 @ 07:44 PM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

they should have brought these back

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUiVo7m5MNc&feature=related

May 6, 2011 @ 08:02 PM
mr mcgibblets

why the hell do i not remember those?^
May 8, 2011 @ 03:35 PM
DannyFLD

Thats a fan made vid ^^^^

This games been a paperweight since PSNs been down, fighting games suck in SP sad
May 8, 2011 @ 03:43 PM
D

I think they had Hara Kiri's in MK Deception. Either way, shit was dumb.
May 8, 2011 @ 03:45 PM
DannyFLD

I think they had Hara Kiri's in MK Deception. Either way, shit was dumb.

oh shit now I remember, good lord thats stupid as fuck, hell mortal kombat as a whole was stupid as fuck from 2003-2010. Nothing good came out of that except Shaolin Monks.
May 8, 2011 @ 09:29 PM
never_nervous

Okay I was never really a fan of mortal kombat but I've seen some of the game play and I'm interested. Do you guys think I should get it, even if I never really cared for the franchise?
May 9, 2011 @ 01:18 PM
D

Okay I was never really a fan of mortal kombat but I've seen some of the game play and I'm interested. Do you guys think I should get it, even if I never really cared for the franchise?

This MK is unlike any MK that has ever came out. It feels almost like a 2D Tekken. Best MK so far, I would get it.

Please login first to reply.