Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
May 25, 2010 @ 07:33 PM
MISTUHxPYRO

Just sold my iPhone. Currently on t-mobile.

Phone options:

Motorola Milestone
Nokia N900
HTC HD2
myTouch 3g Slide

Let me know what you guys think. Feel free to add phone options.

Cheers.
May 25, 2010 @ 07:39 PM
hypoh

mytouch 3g slide looks like your best bet out of those phones
May 25, 2010 @ 08:23 PM
dhkgfkdj

Go with the HTC HD2, I think it's way better than the MyTouch as far as I know. Check cnet.com or another similar site for reviews that helps too.

EDIT:
HTC got 4/5 stars; MyTouch not reviewed yet

reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/htc-hd2-unlocked/4505-6452_7-33775409.html?tag=mncol;lst;1
May 25, 2010 @ 08:32 PM
hypoh

hd2 is nice, but windows mobile is not unfortunately
May 25, 2010 @ 08:46 PM
somet

the mytouch slide. unless you care for the 4.3 screen, android > wm
May 26, 2010 @ 12:57 AM
K [X] Z I

I'd go with the N900. When I was looking to get my first smartphone, I looked hard and checked tons of reviews and the Nokia n95 8GB was praised more times than it's competitors. After that phone, I wanted to get another Nokia and found that the N900 was the best from Nokia at the time and is still currently. Before I got it, I saw youtube comparisons with phones like the HTC etc. and many people seemed to agree that the N900 was the best. Research deep to find the right phone for you. I think I'm sticking to Nokia for life.
May 26, 2010 @ 04:48 AM
MISTUHxPYRO

Z I;2508948']I'd go with the N900. When I was looking to get my first smartphone, I looked hard and checked tons of reviews and the Nokia n95 8GB was praised more times than it's competitors. After that phone, I wanted to get another Nokia and found that the N900 was the best from Nokia at the time and is still currently. Before I got it, I saw youtube comparisons with phones like the HTC etc. and many people seemed to agree that the N900 was the best. Research deep to find the right phone for you. I think I'm sticking to Nokia for life.

Does the N900 work with tmobile networks though? I read a couple articles and some said that it only works on 2.5G whereas tmobile and other networks are at 3G.
May 26, 2010 @ 09:38 AM
K [X] Z I

Does the N900 work with tmobile networks though? I read a couple articles and some said that it only works on 2.5G whereas tmobile and other networks are at 3G.

I am actually using this phone on t-mobile and it works fine. I think somewhere on youtube, this guy said the best network to use on the n900 is t-mobile. You could also use wifi as well.
May 26, 2010 @ 11:28 AM
healthytext

The N900 supports T-Mobile's 3G, the Motorola Milestone definitely does not.

HTC HD2 has great hardware but after switching to Android I can't fathom going back to Windows Mobile. Plus, Windows Mobile as we know it is pretty much dead so you'd have to rely on XDA-Dev to keep your phone fresh.

The myTouch 3G Slide looks like a toy and the specs aren't very inspiring.

You can do a lot with an N900; Maemo is fantastic but I opted for a Nexus One because I was tired of resistive touchscreens.
May 26, 2010 @ 12:25 PM
GOLDENi

If you want quality first choice would be Nokia. The N900 is honestly the best phone that you have up there.
Excellent phone, I myself haven't gotten my hands on one but have heard many great things about it. Also their MAEMO OS is very nice, I mean VERY nice. If you got the cash to drop go with the N900. I have an E72 at the moment, well.. I let my girlfriend borrow it. But I have an HD2 on the way. If I had the cash I would drop it on the N900. Also the N900 has 32GB of memory & a 5MP Carl Zeiss Optics lens if you like pictures.

Only thing the HD2 has that trumps the N900 is the screen size.

EDIT: I just bought an N900 arriving in a couple days so when I get it I will inform you on how it is.
May 27, 2010 @ 12:04 AM
MISTUHxPYRO

If you want quality first choice would be Nokia. The N900 is honestly the best phone that you have up there.
Excellent phone, I myself haven't gotten my hands on one but have heard many great things about it. Also their MAEMO OS is very nice, I mean VERY nice. If you got the cash to drop go with the N900. I have an E72 at the moment, well.. I let my girlfriend borrow it. But I have an HD2 on the way. If I had the cash I would drop it on the N900. Also the N900 has 32GB of memory & a 5MP Carl Zeiss Optics lens if you like pictures.

Only thing the HD2 has that trumps the N900 is the screen size.

EDIT: I just bought an N900 arriving in a couple days so when I get it I will inform you on how it is.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Yeah, let me know how you like the N900. Also, where did you buy it from? It comes unlocked yes? And I can just use it with Tmobile. If I wanted to get a data plan, do I hve to let them know the exact model or will the basic data plan work for the N900?
May 27, 2010 @ 12:30 PM
GOLDENi

I bought it from Nokia.com they are running a promotion right now 10% off, so basically $50 off the phone & they have a fathers day thing going on where after 14 days you receive the phone they send you a surprise phone for free (value from about $30-$400) so its a hit or miss, could be a cheap ass Nokia 1661 all the way to N97 Mini. But a free phone is a free phone! Hopefully I get an N97 Mini!!

& YES I am on T-Mobile & for the N900 you can use 3G on T-Mobile! Which is a big +.
Also, no they do not need to know the phone you are using, it really doesn't matter. You can just get the regular web2go data plan ($10) for it.
& YES it is unlocked.

I'll definitely tell you how it goes when I receive it in a few days.

Oh & I just shipped back 3 HD2's, lol. We upgraded 3 of our lines to HD2's hoping we wouldn't be forced the $30 data plan but it seems that if you do buy it you are stuck with the $30 data plan for 2 YEARS!!! Straight ridiculous.

So yeah, you'll definitely be saving money in the long run with the N900 because of the data plan, well worth the $500.
May 27, 2010 @ 04:22 PM
K [X] Z I

If you decide to get the n900, you wont regret it. You can do anything. I got an app called "Transmission" and it allows you to download torrents. It'll slow your phone down and drain your batt, but it's still good to download songs instantly onto your phone. You could also download codecs and other media players to be able to watch multiple formats of vids. The camera is awesome too. When I had the n95 8gb, I sometimes held the snap button on my camera to get a split second flash to see in the dark, but the n900 has a flashlight app, so I can see light for as long as I want.It actually has two flashes. I really cant think of anything that this phone cannot do.
May 27, 2010 @ 08:12 PM
GOLDENi

K [X] Z I: If you are just using transmission for music. I suggest you to just try using Google ;)
Put this into Google: site:mediafire.com NAME OF ARTIST/SONG

You do that & you can download almost any song for free & its safer then torrents. I did that with my E72, I am guessing there should be no problem at all doing that with the N900.
May 28, 2010 @ 12:22 AM
MISTUHxPYRO

I bought it from Nokia.com they are running a promotion right now 10% off, so basically $50 off the phone & they have a fathers day thing going on where after 14 days you receive the phone they send you a surprise phone for free (value from about $30-$400) so its a hit or miss, could be a cheap ass Nokia 1661 all the way to N97 Mini. But a free phone is a free phone! Hopefully I get an N97 Mini!!

& YES I am on T-Mobile & for the N900 you can use 3G on T-Mobile! Which is a big +.
Also, no they do not need to know the phone you are using, it really doesn't matter. You can just get the regular web2go data plan ($10) for it.
& YES it is unlocked.

I'll definitely tell you how it goes when I receive it in a few days.

Oh & I just shipped back 3 HD2's, lol. We upgraded 3 of our lines to HD2's hoping we wouldn't be forced the $30 data plan but it seems that if you do buy it you are stuck with the $30 data plan for 2 YEARS!!! Straight ridiculous.

So yeah, you'll definitely be saving money in the long run with the N900 because of the data plan, well worth the $500.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check it out. So $500 shipped including the 10% off? I hope they keep this promotion up for a good while.

Keep me updated once you get the phone, por favor !! cool
May 28, 2010 @ 10:29 AM
K [X] Z I

If the promo is over or you don't care about a free extra phone, get it on Amazon.com. I got mine from there. It's not some random seller. It's sold by amazon and it's $479.99 and if you haven't signed up for the membership "free 2 day shipping thing", do it. You have to cancel membership right away though or else they will charge you after the trial is over. Unfortunately, I paid $560, because I didnt have the free 2 day shipping anymore and at the time, the price was higher.
May 28, 2010 @ 12:15 PM
GOLDENi

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check it out. So $500 shipped including the 10% off? I hope they keep this promotion up for a good while.

Keep me updated once you get the phone, por favor !! cool

Well + taxes it was $540 but if you use the free shipping thin you can get free 2 days shipping. Got mine today!
I am playing with it & all I have to say is WOW this thing is amazing.

No real input yet cause I just got it an hour ago but will do later. Definitely a nice phone, wow.

But yeah, Amazon is another way to go.
May 28, 2010 @ 04:46 PM
MISTUHxPYRO

Z I;2512596']If the promo is over or you don't care about a free extra phone, get it on Amazon.com. I got mine from there. It's not some random seller. It's sold by amazon and it's $479.99 and if you haven't signed up for the membership "free 2 day shipping thing", do it. You have to cancel membership right away though or else they will charge you after the trial is over. Unfortunately, I paid $560, because I didnt have the free 2 day shipping anymore and at the time, the price was higher.

If you order from Amazon and something goes wrong with the phone, is there warranty from Amazon and you get a new phone?
May 28, 2010 @ 05:49 PM
Suraj

As a former owner of two HTC phones and a Motorola, I would have to say the HTC HD2
May 28, 2010 @ 05:57 PM
K [X] Z I

If you order from Amazon and something goes wrong with the phone, is there warranty from Amazon and you get a new phone?

On the site, the item lists as "Nokia N900 Unlocked Phone/Mobile Computer with 3.5-Inch Touchscreen, QWERTY, 5 MP Camera, Maemo Browser, 32 GB--U.S. Version with Full Warranty"
So yes it does. I bought this long ago and I have had no problems yet, so you might not even need it lol.

Please login first to reply.