Marvel vs Capcom 3 Official Discussion Thread

December 07, 2010 @ 22:13:19 PM
I'm not mad that they're trying to go in a new direction with it and make it more Capcom and not Street fighter. I just want Ken goddammit!
December 09, 2010 @ 18:46:48 PM
Location: richmond bc/ scarborough toronto / lipton st winnipeg/

dun dun dun... smokeyface

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

December 09, 2010 @ 23:24:26 PM
They are really trying hard to piss me off aren't they?

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

December 10, 2010 @ 23:04:10 PM
c viper?

oh hell naw
December 11, 2010 @ 21:19:07 PM
jesus fucking christ. so many potential characters and they put that bitch? Hell id rather have Vega or even M Bison.
December 12, 2010 @ 00:03:51 AM
lol watch capcom pull some funny shit and announce ken a day before the release date.

December 13, 2010 @ 15:53:54 PM
dopeness
December 16, 2010 @ 01:02:01 AM
you need characters like shuma, modok, etc. because they are oddball characters, usually obscure, that have some sort of gimmick/trick to make them decent. it breaks up the monotony with the usual playstyles...

it also gives ppl a chance to find out where they came from.

shuma is very decent in mvsf. i could play as shuma pretty well back then.

as for ken, ppl don't want ken because ryu is in the game. ken is a clone. sorry. its bad enough that we're likely getting akuma.

its better to have a bunch of characters that don't play the exact same than to have a bunch of shoto clones.

December 16, 2010 @ 01:27:17 AM
gtfo

Ken is a fan favorite.

this.
December 16, 2010 @ 02:24:16 AM
bring back sentinel
December 16, 2010 @ 02:58:07 AM
Yea ken is def a fan favorite. It's been that way since like 3S.
December 16, 2010 @ 06:50:33 AM
are any of you hardcore players?? or just casual players? those of us that have been playing this game for 10+ years, and before that mvc, and before that mvsf, and before that xmen vs sf, and before that marvel superheroes and before that xmen children of the atom would rather have a VARIETY of characters rather than 5 characters that play exactly the same.

no to the following:
sakura
dan
akuma (although he's already in the game more than likely)
ryu
ken
evil ryu
shin akuma
evil sakura

in the same game. especially when you have pseudo shotos like morrigan already in the game.

i understand ken's IMAGE is a fan fav but his playstyle is way too similar. if the roster was much larger, then cool...but its not.

also, half of the ppl wanting ken would get bodied within the first week or so by a team of somebody with dante/doom on it, or trish/doom or whatever. its extra early to be thinking about tiers but ryu didn't fair so well in the previous vs games.

think about if you'd actually play as somebody like ken for more than a week. think about if he'd be viable. think about how ppl would rather that spot be taken up by somebody that plays completely different than somebody else thats already in the game.

Yea ken is def a fan favorite. It's been that way since like 3S.

lol, ken's been a fan fav since world warrior...
regardless tho, the only time i'd want to see ken in a vs game is through a ryu mode change like mvc and a cameo appearance. anything more would be redundant.

December 17, 2010 @ 19:14:42 PM
^Agreed. They aren't stupid enough to leave out on of the most popular characters. They know how popular he is and they are gonna make us pay to have him on this game. I'm almost positive he will end up as DLC. Money ALWAYS comes first.
December 18, 2010 @ 00:57:21 AM
I like my Shoryuken to be on fire.

But seriously Green Goblin would work in this game.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

December 18, 2010 @ 01:29:27 AM
Originally posted by Inactive User
lol, ken's been a fan fav since world warrior...
regardless tho, the only time i'd want to see ken in a vs game is through a ryu mode change like mvc and a cameo appearance. anything more would be redundant.

That would be too dope. I remember you could do combos while transforming. Shit got bananas. And man you can't say that 3S didn't affect a good amount of the fans that ken has now.

December 19, 2010 @ 23:30:55 PM
I like my Shoryuken to be on fire.

My niqqa smokeyface
December 21, 2010 @ 08:01:45 AM
they better have evil ryu in this motherfucker.
December 21, 2010 @ 09:03:48 AM
the thing you need to understand is video game developers dont care about the skill level of Ken fans or the hardcore MvC players. They want as many people as possible to buy the game. It's a business. Ken = $ simple as that. And i guarantee he will be in the game just most likely as DLC.

^Agreed. They aren't stupid enough to leave out on of the most popular characters. They know how popular he is and they are gonna make us pay to have him on this game. I'm almost positive he will end up as DLC. Money ALWAYS comes first.

like ken was in mvc, right?

read a lil bit about capcom's process for choosing characters this time around. its not necessarily about popularity. some of the most popular characters have been left out for a reason, unfortunately. anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDsjD4wGTIA

some shuma. if i knew how to record from ggpo or kawaks then i'd show my shuma but i don't know how, so...
December 21, 2010 @ 09:10:16 AM
they better have evil ryu in this motherfucker.

why?

i still don't understand why ppl want clones. ken, ryu, evil ryu, shin akuma, akuma, evil sakura, sakura, morrigan, lilith, cyber akuma, true shin evil hyper akuma, orochi ryu ken slash akuma hyphen sakura, etc.

tongueface

they all play alike. "but evil ryu has PURPLE FLAMES!!"

IMO we could have characters like nightcrawler or quicksilver, strife, omega red (again), dhalsim, hugo, ibuki, yun, ryu from breath of fire, norimaro (again), charlie or guile, blanka, etc. that would be a lil better than having yet another shoto clone. guess i'm the only one that feels that way, tho.
December 21, 2010 @ 15:46:43 PM
Originally posted by Inactive User
why?

i still don't understand why ppl want clones. ken, ryu, evil ryu, shin akuma, akuma, evil sakura, sakura, morrigan, lilith, cyber akuma, true shin evil hyper akuma, orochi ryu ken slash akuma hyphen sakura, etc.

tongueface

they all play alike. "but evil ryu has PURPLE FLAMES!!"

IMO we could have characters like nightcrawler or quicksilver, strife, omega red (again), dhalsim, hugo, ibuki, yun, ryu from breath of fire, norimaro (again), charlie or guile, blanka, etc. that would be a lil better than having yet another shoto clone. guess i'm the only one that feels that way, tho.

well Ryu and Ken aren't clones. they play a little differently. i dont think it's just about money in the decision to leave Ken out (if they are indeed leaving him out). if they were gonna do that, then they should have just made everyone as DLC. then you could make your roster as big as youre willing to pay.

December 21, 2010 @ 22:58:50 PM
You guys are taking what he's talking about to literal... by clones he doesn't mean EXACT same.
Still idgaf I'm happy Ken isn't in the roster as of now because people are gonna OD on him and its just going to turn into another Super Ken Fighter 4.

2 posts are hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

Please login first to reply.
x