PS Vita Official Discussion Thread

Feb 08, 2012 @ 18:00
This device hasn't been doing good on sales over at japan.

it's to expensive as of right now

at the moment it looks like

I got my ps3, so it's all good

I want to see the world burn

Feb 08, 2012 @ 21:07
I might get a 3ds if they release a pokemon 3d...but idk.
Feb 09, 2012 @ 01:16
yeah ya'll hatin', just because you guys read about the sales at japan doesn't mean in US it's gonna flop.
Feb 09, 2012 @ 05:52
it sucks sony comes out with a new memory stick it cost so much more than other current memory sticks.
Feb 09, 2012 @ 23:57
size comparison of the gamebox with a ps3 gamebox.
i'm just upset that it didn't even have a game manual booklet.
Feb 10, 2012 @ 00:22
all they need is a FFVII remake for this shit, i kinda want it but the games so far are shitty
Feb 10, 2012 @ 05:15
Will buy it when they make a Gran Turismo. Maybe if they put more PS2 games on PSN and they're compatible.

The system itself looks nice, the hardware inside sounds nice, but there's really nothing to 'sell it' to me. I think I'm going to wait 'til Q3 to see what's available in terms of Tegra 3/similar QC 7" tabs. Was never a fan of having a screen between my hands, so a tablet coupled with a Sixaxis makes much more sense for me since I can rest the screen on my lap. Not to mention that a Q3 tab will probably be seeing MicroSDs of 128GB or greater, that will be far cheaper than the Vita cards.

Inactive User

Feb 10, 2012 @ 08:27
^so you weren't a fan of the gba? loved that system and just about all of its iterations. something about having a tablet in my lap while playing on a gamepad seems like it'd be awkward to me.

i've been wondering about those ps2 classics they have on there and if they'd work on the vita. haven't been able to find out from my searching. does anyone know for sure?
Feb 10, 2012 @ 18:31
no idea but have crash bandicoot back would be cool.
Feb 10, 2012 @ 19:54
^so you weren't a fan of the gba? loved that system and just about all of its iterations.

I had GBA for less than a week before I flipped it. Bought an SP and loved it, clamshell and backlit were sellers. And the PSP, I bought it for MGS: PO and a road trip, barely used it. Sat in a drawer until I flipped it.

Feb 10, 2012 @ 22:45
ya niggas not ready:

Feb 15, 2012 @ 05:19
Feb 15, 2012 @ 05:42

jealous as fuck.

waiting till next week so I can get a bigger memory stick and the game I want with it for the same price.

Still sour there's no built in harddrive.
Feb 15, 2012 @ 05:53
ya niggas not ready:

not really mobile though.
Feb 15, 2012 @ 20:16
might get this in march when street fighter x tekken comes out. dat free 8gb memory card from amazon.
Feb 16, 2012 @ 04:54
memory cards are no joke i have the 4gb and i already wanna upgrade. It's like 1gb for a game i can't even fit 3 games in it. When the prices drop ima go cop a 16gb.
Feb 16, 2012 @ 06:49
PsVita bundles will be available soon.

Feb 17, 2012 @ 00:23
I'll wait until the summer when I got some extra cash. the vita looks pretty neat.

Inactive User

Feb 17, 2012 @ 14:40
ill get it on the price drop
Feb 17, 2012 @ 18:41
might get this in march when street fighter x tekken comes out. dat free 8gb memory card from amazon.

i cant find this free memory card offer that you're talking about

might be a uk-only thing

i hope there are demos for every psv game on the store. something that annoyed me about the psp games was that demos were rare. i don't plan on having any downloaded full games, but gravity rush, for example, is download-only in europe.
Feb 17, 2012 @ 20:54
I won a ps vita from the taco bell promo. not sure when i'll get it but smokeyface
Feb 18, 2012 @ 04:50
ay i might actually try so i can sell it lol.

Inactive User

Feb 18, 2012 @ 05:43
honestly just played this at gamestop and beside the touch screen,two joint sticks, and better screen resolution. It is not much better then a PSP. Sales in Japan dropped 78 % yes 78 fucking percent by the 2nd week. This is most definitely a fail.
Feb 19, 2012 @ 13:31
I may pick this trash just for my bro.

In a way I'm tempted to pick up for myself but i'm not the type of person to play on the go. I like to sit my lazy fat ass on the couch and do my gaming at home. - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

Feb 19, 2012 @ 13:59
i think for most people portable consoles are played 80% of the time at home. i read that's why the psp and 3ds are so popular in japan - because they live at home for longer in smaller houses/apartments and wanna play games without the need for a tv.

the time when these things were truly portable was game boy days, when a charge could last days playing pokemon and other games built to be portable. i kinda miss that. if they made the vita a couple inches thicker, that could be pure battery. you could make it last as long as an ipad. i think once you put proper dual analog sticks on it, you have to stop thinking the objective is to be thin.
Feb 19, 2012 @ 18:31
Tried this out at the Sony store the other day. Not sure i wanna buy this anymore. The touch screen and and touch pad on the back were kinda pointless and gimmicky for the games i tried. Like id rather just use the analog sticks, and that was a big selling point so idk. Also, the launch titles are kinda shitty. Aside from Uncharted, im not sure what else id wanna play.

Feb 19, 2012 @ 21:16
Just like that psp came out, it slowly took a while to make worth a cawp

same with vita, not in rush to buy this

Feb 19, 2012 @ 23:01
i disagree. if anything, people are talking about how this is one of the best launches ever. uncharted, wipeout, gravity rush, escape plan, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, ninja gaiden sigma plus and all these other games lined up for the next year or so. the only thing putting me off is if it's worth the money and if a 3ds wouldn't be more satisfying long-term.
Feb 20, 2012 @ 18:07
^ i heard it is coming later this year.
Feb 20, 2012 @ 18:53
i broke my broken psp in a fit of rage today. might expedite me getting this to like next week instead of maybe august. you would not believe how hard it is to physically bend a psp with your bare hands.
Please login first to reply.