PS Vita Official Discussion Thread

Sep 24, 2011 @ 21:47
i heard Vita is gonna have augmented reality stuff... so yea...
Sep 27, 2011 @ 04:56
i've decided i want this more than i want a ps3. i like not needing a tv and a free room to use it in, that's why i had a psp and not a ps2 for very long. portsportsportsports
Sep 27, 2011 @ 19:55
size cmparisons

iPhone 4

3DS

DSXL
Sep 30, 2011 @ 21:08
So dope.
Nov 04, 2011 @ 18:23
according to gamestop <3333333

Inactive User

Nov 05, 2011 @ 23:30
oh that sucks. i was hoping early january. def not dropping twice the price to get it two months in advance though.
Nov 06, 2011 @ 12:57
i've decided i want this more than i want a ps3. i like not needing a tv and a free room to use it in, that's why i had a psp and not a ps2 for very long. portsportsportsports

smokeyface

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

Nov 30, 2011 @ 03:54
you thought 360 HDDs were expensive? http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/28/gamestop-lists-vita-memory-card-prices-start-saving-up-now/ lold

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off Lucasj : I drink milk like it's nut

Nov 30, 2011 @ 22:10
Originally posted by Inactive User
you thought 360 HDDs were expensive? http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/28/gamestop-lists-vita-memory-card-prices-start-saving-up-now/ lold

smh

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

Inactive User

Dec 01, 2011 @ 01:23
You've gotta assume that's going to hurt their digital sales. I'll probably just scoop up a 4gb and keep it physical format.
Dec 01, 2011 @ 03:35
physical format? i thought they killed UMDs.

Inactive User

Dec 01, 2011 @ 03:48
They're using some cartridges that look really similar to the new memory cards. Maybe they'll share the same slot? I think the decision probably had something to do with the psp go being such a big flop. Honestly I think it could have been more successful. A lot of people mess with digital download. Look at ios/android. Shit is literally taking over the handheld market. The problem was how Sony implemented it. Charging more for dl than physical copies and making the selection so limited. Right now today I still can't buy the Valkyrie profile remake for my go. Sony gtfo
Jan 01, 2012 @ 14:19
is anyone planning to get this? i didnt get a 3ds b/c i was planning on getting a vita. but this is pretty sweet

i dunno. i can do more with a vita overall, but 3ds has some of my all-time favorite games

- snake eater
- ocarina of time
- start fox 64
Jan 01, 2012 @ 17:33
vita sucks ass. 3ds sucks ass. phones are the future of mobile gaming.

Inactive User

Jan 01, 2012 @ 20:33
What is that? Looks like its just some stickers. Would be dope if they had a LE camo one like they did for the psp.

Not sure about the rear touchpad, but I'll be picking up a vita based off dual analogs alone.
Jan 01, 2012 @ 21:23
Im gonna hold off on pre ordering a vita, 1st week sales of the vita in Japan did real poorly during launch.
Jan 01, 2012 @ 22:12
WHen is metal gear 3ds dropping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtBrh7OPo8E

shit is funny at the last 10seconds

I want to see the world burn

Jan 01, 2012 @ 22:30
i'm kinda put off all portable gaming now. it's 2012 and still battery life is not a priority in dedicated portable games consoles. why make it easy to carry around if the battery lasts 3 hours in regular use? or 5 hours when you turn everything down to 1?
Jan 02, 2012 @ 02:56
vita sucks ass. 3ds sucks ass. phones are the future of mobile gaming.

reasons im interested in the vita (or a portable gaming device in general)

1. plane/bus rides. my job has me travelling a lot so i have a lot of down time.
2. bigger screen. i mostly watch movies on my iphone when travelling. its cool but i wouldn't mind a bigger screen.
3. phones are great for games. but only certain genres work for the touchscreen only format. i have megaman 2 on my iphone and its fun, but so frustrating.
Jan 02, 2012 @ 03:01
Im gonna hold off on pre ordering a vita, 1st week sales of the vita in Japan did real poorly during launch.

i saw that too. i wonder why it is. do u think it was just poor launch titles? i plan to use the vita primarily as a media device with the option to play some legitimate games.

actually, i think my ideal device would be an unlocked samsung galaxy note. but it's like 2 - 3 times a much as a vita, and well... can't play real games.
Jan 02, 2012 @ 03:15
i've heard the sales drop was because of no monster hunter. a lot of japanese people are still using psps for this reason. doesn't help that it's on 3ds at a cheaper price either.

also i read they kept running out of memory cards but not vitas?
Jan 02, 2012 @ 03:35
Vita and 3DS both have HORRIBLE battery life. with all the shit turned off and darkest backlight setting you're only gonna get 8 hours tops and realistically it'll be less then that. Pretty impractical for bus or plane rides. My iPad getting mad hours of battery life with wifi and netflix running. Vita with 32GB memory card is over 400 dollars. Add a game or two and you're looking at 500. That's pretty expensive for a portable gaming unit.

Inactive User

Jan 02, 2012 @ 04:23

kojima posted this on twitter
Jan 02, 2012 @ 05:20

kojima posted this on twitter

wth is that?
Jan 02, 2012 @ 23:56
Snake skin wallet?

I want to see the world burn

Jan 03, 2012 @ 05:42
Vita and 3DS both have HORRIBLE battery life. with all the shit turned off and darkest backlight setting you're only gonna get 8 hours tops and realistically it'll be less then that. Pretty impractical for bus or plane rides. My iPad getting mad hours of battery life with wifi and netflix running. Vita with 32GB memory card is over 400 dollars. Add a game or two and you're looking at 500. That's pretty expensive for a portable gaming unit.

no worries, planes these days have USB at each seat to plug into a power source.

Inactive User

Feb 07, 2012 @ 00:52
Too much 3ds talk up in here. Supposedly some gamestips and best buys have demo units. I managed to score a Jp wifi unit with mvc for $300 shipped. Should be here in a few days.
Feb 07, 2012 @ 01:11
Too much 3ds talk up in here. Supposedly some gamestips and best buys have demo units. I managed to score a Jp wifi unit with mvc for $300 shipped. Should be here in a few days.

lol just couldn't wait huh? 300shipped that's hella good.
yeah i might go try it out.
I don't know why i cant just preorder on the site and pickup at the store.
anyone know if it's gonna be a midnight release?
Feb 07, 2012 @ 06:13
I feel like the vita is going to drop in price soon after release, So Ima wait for that, really only want one just so I can have it, maybe play the uncharted game on it or FFX on the go.

Inactive User

Feb 08, 2012 @ 06:50
I think you guys are wrong about the price drop. Jp retailers are cutting prices, but not Sony themselves. US is already getting them quite a bit cheaper than over there. Wifi is like $320 and 3G around $390. I think part of the reason for the poor sales is that the launch line up is more geared toward a western audience. Once a monster hunter drops they're gonna gobble that shit up.

It's just like anything else though. 3ds price dropped 5/6 months in. If youre gonna wait for the vita to go down then you might as well wait for the eventual redesign too.
Please login first to reply.