Nintendo 3DS Official Discussion Thread

October 04, 2010 @ 00:49:43
Originally posted by Inactive User
are you kidding me? seriously? you know the only six axis thing was a complete bite off of nintendo correct? If you remember back to E3 2006 aka the biggest fucking disaster ever for sony you'd know that.

1.)PSP to PS3 for something useless as a rear view mirror in ridge race? sounds exactly like the GBA to GC for animal crossing. Microsoft had the whole TV and Movie store done before PS3 had it's head out of it's ass and they also had downloadable titles first. Seems like that's what Sony is looking to with these one hour demo things too.

2.)Look at the move too. It's the same exact thing as the Wii motion plus. Two controllers, one that is not always required. At least with Kinect Nintendo made a completely hands free way to control the system and isn't biting off of Nintendo's steeze. I'll agree that Microsoft is some biters, but it's nothing compared to sony. 3.)PS3 home aka Second Life or w.e. it's called anybody???

1.)if microsoft had a hand held device like the psp or ds they would also do the same thing that sony did. inter connectivity is just a logical step. not to mention i would be able to see and play things downloaded on my ps3 hardrive on my psp, which is pretty cool.

2.) im not gonna say that sony wasnt ripping of the wii with that one, but like you mentioned, xbox did it too. these are two huge companies we are talking about, they are seeing the money nintendo is raking in and they wanted a piece. simple as that. trying to say microsoft is somehow more honorable or whatever because they got rid of controllers is just dumb and ignorant.

3.) i never played second life. but as far as comparing it to current gen consoles, no one has anything like it. sure, you get to create an avatar of sorts but thats as far as the similarities go imo. xbox/wii avatars have little to no functionality. ps home is real great because you get the DLC and customization, you get social networking beyond online play and it integrates stuff not seen on any other of the current gen consoles, like exclusive areas that are modeled after popular games and littered with extras and minigames. i can spend a whole gaming session in ps home, i cant do that with xbox avatars or wiimiis for that matter. that goes to show that there is a difference.

alot of the stuff you mentioned as sony ripping off ppl is just the natural progression of technology. are all full keyboard phones a rip off of the original sidekick (or whichever phone was the first to do it) ? no. other companies just realized that consumers are not going to be satisfied with 12 button keypads forever, so they adapted, and in many cases improved on what others have done.

xbox on the other hand seems to be blatantly copying others, with little to no improvements. for example

PS3 XMB >>> "face-lifted" xbox dashboard.

WiiMii's >>> xbox avatars =/= PS HOME

Original glossy black ps3 >>> slim new black xbox (not mad at this, old xbox looked like a Mattel kids toy)

PS3 superior d-pad >>> xbox new twist d-pad attempt.

thats just off the top of my head..just sayin'
October 29, 2010 @ 14:10:32
October 29, 2010 @ 14:43:26
theres been 3 psps and 5 ds's i think sony's winning lol

this this this this this

psp2 will be the greatest portable device after it launchessmokeyface

I want to see the world burn

October 30, 2010 @ 17:57:40
3DS might feature gamecube backwards compatibility
http://ds.ign.com/articles/113/1130839p1.html
October 30, 2010 @ 18:19:26
theres been 3 psps and 5 ds's i think sony's winning lol

Nintendo is raping the fuck out of sony are you kidding me? You're an idiot if you think Sony is doing better than Nintendo just because there have only been 3 PSPs.
October 30, 2010 @ 21:05:18
i want this so bad
November 01, 2010 @ 12:09:49
no other non-nintendo portable has done as well against nintendo as the psp.
November 01, 2010 @ 12:11:51
has there even been any? lol
November 01, 2010 @ 12:17:37
no other non-nintendo portable has done as well against nintendo as the psp.

That's like saying no other football league has done as well against the NFL as the XFL. It may have seemed good, but it still sucked.
November 01, 2010 @ 17:02:22
has there even been any? lol

there's been a few
just that no one has made as much an impact as sony

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

December 18, 2010 @ 19:23:45
Really wondering why nintendo hasnt released one of those yet
December 27, 2010 @ 19:55:34
Nintendo 3DS Pre-orders Begin
Those hoping to score Nintendo's next handheld when it launches early next year can start slapping down some money for a spot in line. Pre-orders for the Nintendo 3DS started this week at retailer GameStop, a representative confirmed to IGN. Pre-orders will cost a minimum of $50.

"Yes, we have started taking reservations, though we do not know what the price will be, what colors will be available or when it will release," the representative said.

The following games are also available for pre-order:

- Lovely Lisa

- Madden NFL Football

- Cartoon Network Super-Toon Rumble

- Sims 3

No word yet on when other retailers, such as Best Buy and Amazon, will begin taking reservations.

The 3DS won't launch in North America until March 2011. We'll know more about its release date and price at the Nintendo press event on Jan. 19, 2011.
December 27, 2010 @ 20:00:08
Cant wait to buy one &)&)

Next step in gaming fosho fosho
December 27, 2010 @ 23:25:43
i really hope those arent the only games dropping on release date, because those shits all sound wack as fuck.
December 28, 2010 @ 11:37:28
Zelda oot
Paper mario
Mgs 3d

On the release date,10mills sold 1st day.
December 29, 2010 @ 12:05:43
february release in Japan no word on US. And i remember reading that it will be $50 less in the U.S. so $250.

either way $300 for a portable = no thanks.

it's worth it for megaman legends 3 lol
January 03, 2011 @ 06:51:02
smuggled off the Chinese production line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu64QDf7v1o

January 03, 2011 @ 11:13:09
smuggled off the Chinese production line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu64QDf7v1o

kinda wish the video showd the actual main menu interface,but all in all
smokeyfacesmokeyface
im reserving mine today.
January 03, 2011 @ 11:29:22
i'd wait for 19th^
January 03, 2011 @ 11:54:42
Nintendo warns against eye damage from 3d software
http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1142304p1.html
January 03, 2011 @ 12:29:15
I'm going to trade in my DS Lite and pick this up.

IG: @PicturesInTheMail

January 03, 2011 @ 14:32:43
Nice video, I'ma deff pick one up. Would trade in my DSi but somebody stole it already lol. I wonder when are they gonna announce the launch titles.
January 03, 2011 @ 17:32:38
kinda wish the video showd the actual main menu interface,but all in all
smokeyfacesmokeyface
im reserving mine today.

don't think it actually works though, just a shell, with some command line prompt
January 03, 2011 @ 17:45:35
they're having a huge conference January 19th I think that is speculated to have release info and whatnot.

Can't wait to hear all the details. Wonder which color ill end up getting.
January 03, 2011 @ 23:55:18
i think only onyx and a blue one are dropping upon release,from what ive read.i want an onyx one.
i HOPE they release either MGS3 or SSF4 simultaneously with the release.that would be fucking yes.
January 04, 2011 @ 09:26:09
i think only onyx and a blue one are dropping upon release,from what ive read.i want an onyx one.
i HOPE they release either MGS3 or SSF4 simultaneously with the release.that would be fucking yes.

I hoping MGS3D and Resident Evil. Ima deff pick up Kid Icarus tho, looks interesting. Kinda funny how the handheld looks to be as powerful as the Wii.
January 04, 2011 @ 14:01:25
dat OOT fo sho man. Game is gonna be so sick. Just finta play that ALL DAY SON

oh shit,i forgot about that.hell yeah.i never got to beat it on 64,so this'll be fucking perfect.
January 04, 2011 @ 20:22:58
oh shit,i forgot about that.hell yeah.i never got to beat it on 64,so this'll be fucking perfect.

Fucking perfect AND portable. For some reason I used to always play my portables right before I hit the sack. Just chill in the bed before going to sleep and get a few mins in on the DS. I just hope I don't get no damn headaches from playing it all day lol.
January 05, 2011 @ 01:47:06
Fucking perfect AND portable. For some reason I used to always play my portables right before I hit the sack. Just chill in the bed before going to sleep and get a few mins in on the DS. I just hope I don't get no damn headaches from playing it all day lol.

smokeyface qft.
seems like thats the only real time i can get out of my day to focus on my portable gaming.
Please login first to reply.
x