Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 23, 2010 @ 04:32 AM
thephreak

Seems the onslaught continues for Nintendo in the portable gaming industry...Interesting to see how Sony responds. Though hardware sales have gone to the PSP over in japan, i just dont see the current PSP's being able to contend with Nintendo the way things are going now. Over in the states, i dont even recall the last good PSP game that have come out recently.

edit: not even sure Sony needs the PSP anymore in the future....unless they add phone functionalities cool /sarcasm

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

March 23, 2010 @ 04:37 AM
thephreak

True, but i think the PSP holds its own over in Japan though with many japanese exclusives still doing pretty well. Its just internationally, the PSP is gettin raped by Nintendo, which Sony doesnt seem to give a fuck about.

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

March 23, 2010 @ 05:16 AM
calintz

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAg1s7xfz0&feature=player_embedded

this DS game in japan. people are assuming it'll be like this considering they wont add too much crazy technology and have an overpriced product.

paper mario like that will be so dope
March 23, 2010 @ 01:09 PM
nestk.

Looks pretty sweet, but can Nintendo please get some better graphics. I'm all for the innovative stuff but graphics plz.
March 23, 2010 @ 01:51 PM
young idiot

This is like a combination of everything I'm tired of. Portability and 3D. And Steve Jobs attitude to planned obsolescence, i.e. often.
March 23, 2010 @ 09:42 PM
C_Augustus_O

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

March 23, 2010 @ 11:43 PM
thephreak

Sony's response

uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1079408p1.html

Guess thats Sony's way of sayin they dont give a fuck

March 24, 2010 @ 07:39 AM
calintz

March 24, 2010 @ 10:10 AM
soap

lols
March 24, 2010 @ 01:06 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Ahahahaha
March 31, 2010 @ 12:17 AM

Inactive

Eh...The XL doesnt loook good too.
June 16, 2010 @ 02:28 AM
nestk.

Nintendo 3DS looking amazing. Rumors that they are remaking Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart, Star Fox 64 3D, MGS and new release of Kid Icarus. Must cop.
June 16, 2010 @ 09:53 AM
sjem

Starfox and Ocarina of Time were confirmed? Shit nintendo are really pulling out everything they've got.
June 16, 2010 @ 10:44 AM
NIQUE.

The Nintendo 3DS is black and blue, red and black as well as black and, well, black.
• As promised, this is a glasses-free 3D device
• Two cameras on the outside of the device are for 3D picture taking
• There is a 3D depth slider on the side of the device
• The round nub analog stick is called the "Slide Pad"
• The bottom screen is a touch panel
• Below the touch screen are Select, Home and Start buttons
• Underneath the A, B, X, Y buttons is the handheld's power button
• It has a motion sensor and gyroscope
• The 3DS is compatible with Nintendo DSi
• There is a camera facing the player above the portable's 3D screen
• It has the ability to play 3D Hollywood movies, like Legends of the Guardians from Warner Brothers
• The 3DS launch game will be Kid Icarus: Uprising
• It is a powerful system, featuring improved graphics
• The 3DS periodically searches for WiFi spots and other 3DSs
• It offers easy online navigation
• There is no monthly fee for Nintendo's 3DS online access
• Nintendo is developing 3D Nintendogs
• More than twenty companies have signed on to develop for the 3DS
• The top screen is 3.5 inches
• Nintendo is aiming to have the 3DS's battery life to be the equivalent of the DSi's.
• Nintendo would not provide specifics on the effect of 3D on battery life
• Nintendo is remaking classic games, including The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
• No cell phone carrier will be needed for the wireless functionally
• The stylus going in from the top part of the lower hinge unit
• Release date is TBA
• Price is TBA

Camping out for these shits cool
June 16, 2010 @ 10:46 AM
Vancouver

Starfox and Ocarina of Time were confirmed? Shit nintendo are really pulling out everything they've got.

Ocarina of time?! man i already wanted this shit but i dont have the money, guess ill have to really find some...
June 16, 2010 @ 12:09 PM
sjem

That's why I asked, I never thought I'd buy a DS but even without the 3d some of the stuff they're coming out with is making me change my mind.
June 16, 2010 @ 12:50 PM
TTHX

ocarina is confirmed for sure.

"Nintendo's Eiji Aonuma may be working on the latest shiny new Zelda game for the Wii, but he still hasn't lived down some of the pain he caused gamers with some of his earlier work. At a roundtable discussion event tonight, Aonuma admitted that he was the guy behind all the frustration we all felt in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's Water Temple.

Aonuma asks the attendees, "How many thought the Water Temple was tough?"

After some laughter he follows: "How many thought it was horrible?"

"I have lived with that for the last 10 or so years," the producer admits.

As many of you will remember, completion this section of the game required the constant use and removal of the Heavy Boots. Unfortunately (and famously), this never worked very well due to poorly planned controls.

Aonuma plans to make good by making full use of the 3DS's touchscreen in this upcoming port of the Nintendo 64 game. He says that he hopes to lay his shame to rest by making good use of the touch capabilities, making it much easier to equip and unequip items."

http://tonyhoangphoto.com

June 16, 2010 @ 01:03 PM

Inactive

June 16, 2010 @ 01:27 PM
alex.

wow..ive never played ocarina but ive always wanted to..cant wait
June 16, 2010 @ 02:10 PM
chex

3DS is now instacopped. fuckkkkk
June 16, 2010 @ 06:01 PM
SuperFlyGuy

&)&)&) can't wait to see what else nintendo will be releasing, 3ds seems like it will be pretty good
June 16, 2010 @ 08:28 PM
rocka

check this shit out, MGS on 3DS:

www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/3ds-metal-gear-solid-3d/345808?playlist=featured

suprised

damn psp... It's over suprised

peace walker

Metal Gear 3DS

just as good or better + the 3d actually works amazingly.
June 16, 2010 @ 10:10 PM
nostalgia

damn psp... It's over suprised

I said it first nicca...>sad

hypebeast.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2539441&postcount=189
June 16, 2010 @ 10:58 PM
calintz

3DS ain't out till next year

so Sony could announce PSP2 at TGS this year

so right now, 3DS is equaling the PSP in terms of graphics, so the PSP2 could push that further, and have 3D also

but you'd think they would have announced it at E3 to counter Nintendo's hype
June 16, 2010 @ 11:22 PM
nostalgia

so right now, 3DS is equaling the PSP in terms of graphics, so the PSP2 could push that further, and have 3D also

Exactly and I really doubt a PSP2 since the Go just came out.
June 17, 2010 @ 04:00 AM
young idiot

There's always the argument that they released the Go in order to gauge public interest in a download-only console. It didn't sell well, so I assume they now know not to do the same thing with the PSP2, which I think is a good move -- I always liked the idea of UMDs. Just not the idea of making it into some kinda film-platform.
June 17, 2010 @ 11:35 AM
nostalgia

ive heard from IGN that sony patented an HD touch screen for a handheld device (which is reportedly for the next psp)

...not that its gonna lack buttons or an analog (hope not)

It can still have buttons look at the DS, I can see that happening just one touch screen in a PSP form with two analog sticks, I would buy it.
June 17, 2010 @ 12:47 PM
rocka

They said they wouldn't do it. Also if psp2 goes touch screen - it will be known as a failure in my eyes. It just a statement like, "We have no ideas on how to make this better and were just gonna wait to see what nintendo/apple is doing.". If they make the graphics better who cares? They been living off like 3 games: Metal Gear, God Of War, and Socom (kinda). They need better software.
June 17, 2010 @ 02:37 PM
Shoutbox

Thissssss^^^ patapong or w.e. is a pretty fun game though. they do need to step there software up though. even if they add 3D it'll be Sony saying we can't think of anything better. But that's really what Sony does best. Taking others ideas and adding them to their system.

you must be thinking of microsoft. sony may not be as innovative as nintendo but they are a whole lot more original then microsoft.
June 17, 2010 @ 04:03 PM
sjem

They said they wouldn't do it. Also if psp2 goes touch screen - it will be known as a failure in my eyes. It just a statement like, "We have no ideas on how to make this better and were just gonna wait to see what nintendo/apple is doing.". If they make the graphics better who cares? They been living off like 3 games: Metal Gear, God Of War, and Socom (kinda). They need better software.

Sony should just stick to what they're best at and focus on the games rather than trying to break into all these "next gen" things, motion control and 3D or touchscreen if they end up trying to do that with the next psp.

Please login first to reply.