FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
December 21, 2010 @ 07:27 PM
Oh Shit Ninjas! MILK, RUN!!!

i doubt any of u faggots would really know wtf u were talking about, but i cant decide between getting a pair of behringer ms40's or a pair of 2.1 swan m10's

behringer

swans

im not looking to throw a party with these shits, i care more about clarity and clear mids and highs than i do anything else, im kinda leaning towards the behringer ms40's because they have optical so i dont have to worry about the sound breaking up with higher volume, but im worried the subs wont pack a real punch, and then i'll end up having to get a reciever and a sub somehwere down the line, the swans might be enuff since its just for my room, but the size of the cones in the sub (which isnt even a sub, its being advertised as a mid woofer) might not be enuff to really appreciate the bass in dubstep and hip hop

anybody try either of these in their short 15 years alive on this world??? help would be appreciated sad
December 22, 2010 @ 08:02 AM
zyezye

im not looking to throw a party with these shits, i care more about clarity and clear mids and highs than i do anything else, im kinda leaning towards the behringer ms40's because they have optical so i dont have to worry about the sound breaking up with higher volume, but im worried the subs wont pack a real punch, and then i'll end up having to get a reciever and a sub somehwere down the line, the swans might be enuff since its just for my room, but the size of the cones in the sub (which isnt even a sub, its being advertised as a mid woofer) might not be enuff to really appreciate the bass in dubstep and hip hop

anybody try either of these in their short 15 years alive on this world??? help would be appreciated sad

you don't even know what you're talking about. toslink just provides a cleaner signal plain and simple. and if you have sensitive equipment it protects it too.

you want bass with clear highs and mids? settle for a pair of good monitors and buy a sub down the line.

for that don't get the behringers. they literally just make knock off monitors. cheap components. for 2.1 sound its better of to settle for analog anyway if connection is your concern.

swans? i've actually auditioned those for a week, heard about them from head-fi. they were great, good balance of mids and highs and lows weren't as boomy, it was tight and quick, but when it came to dubstep and hiphop, the bass was lacking to my ears, they didnt have that punch. good for the price though, you get more than what you pay for with the swans.

if you really need a system asap, jump on the swans, but if you could wait/save up a bit get a pair of A5s and then the sub later on. trust me, the A5s are worth every single penny. Best pair of speakers I've listened to with the sub. but had to leave em at the showroom, 700+ for the entire setup.

and thats the cheapest high quality monitor + sub set up you can get. Quality monitors are sold by the Speaker and cost 150-200+ a piece.
December 22, 2010 @ 03:50 PM
Oh Shit Ninjas! MILK, RUN!!!

you don't even know what you're talking about. toslink just provides a cleaner signal plain and simple. and if you have sensitive equipment it protects it too.

you want bass with clear highs and mids? settle for a pair of good monitors and buy a sub down the line.

for that don't get the behringers. they literally just make knock off monitors. cheap components. for 2.1 sound its better of to settle for analog anyway if connection is your concern.

swans? i've actually auditioned those for a week, heard about them from head-fi. they were great, good balance of mids and highs and lows weren't as boomy, it was tight and quick, but when it came to dubstep and hiphop, the bass was lacking to my ears, they didnt have that punch. good for the price though, you get more than what you pay for with the swans.

if you really need a system asap, jump on the swans, but if you could wait/save up a bit get a pair of A5s and then the sub later on. trust me, the A5s are worth every single penny. Best pair of speakers I've listened to with the sub. but had to leave em at the showroom, 700+ for the entire setup.

and thats the cheapest high quality monitor + sub set up you can get. Quality monitors are sold by the Speaker and cost 150-200+ a piece.

i thought about the a5's after i lost a bid on a pair of a2's, main reason i kinda backed off on em was cuz at least half of the pics i've seen on a5's were paired with an ipod and it had me scared like they were just targeting apple fanatics that will literally buy anything especially if its expensive, but damn 350 is alot of doe for that same price i can cop the behringers, a cheap receiver and a polk audio sub

i listen to every genre and subgenre of music under the sun tho, not just hip hop and electronic music which is why i originally i was leaning towards the behringers cuz they were, whats the term, acoustically flat or neutral or wateva? in other words it doesnt favor one sound over another, like how the beats by dre obviously are bass heavy and favor music that leans in that direction, it gives me a little versatility, that being said, you still think i should fuck with the swans? if i could find the a5's for cheap i definitly would go that route u suggested tho
December 23, 2010 @ 05:32 PM
gnar

Hey, I am looking to get a new pair of studio headphones. My Sony's crapped out after a solid 5 years. I am look for crisp sounds, affordability, comfort, with an emphasis on comfort. Any suggestions? I was eyeing these.

Sennheiser HD555

December 23, 2010 @ 06:53 PM
C.Dante

i was eyeing the HD518's personally. hopefuly christmas gets me them lol cause skullcandies are not cutting it whatsoever
January 19, 2011 @ 09:40 AM
uneeq

Bought a pair of $12 temporary earphones til' I find something decent.

Rtmo Steel Power Earphone (ST-E005)

Specification
Impedance : 32 Ohm at 1KHz
Sensitivity : 105dB/mW
Frequency respone : 20~20,000Hz
Cord length : Approx 1.2M
Weight : Approx. 20g (without cord)
January 19, 2011 @ 07:36 PM
Pierre

Don't cop the Beats By Dre. I got some and they literally fell apart in my hands after a month. I take extra special care of anything i spend my money on but they are seriously just poorly constructed. And they have the worst sound leakage ever. But that bass is kicking tho
January 21, 2011 @ 06:40 PM
vital

Beats by Dre: earphones or solos?
Hmm looking into this, are grado's earphones any good? iGi is about all I see for earphones, I'm mainly looking for bass and overall sound quality.
January 21, 2011 @ 06:52 PM
sly

lol i got better sound quality from skull candy titans the beats earphones are garbage son.
January 21, 2011 @ 06:57 PM
ReZ

In the price range of the "Beats", there are several headphones that are better (better being a very subjective word in this hobby). I am probably one of the last people who should recommend headphones for that genre of music, since I don't care for that genre in even the slightest bit, so I will let other Head-Fiers who do like that type of music chime in with their recommendations. But If I were a betting man, I would wager that the Denon D1001s or Denon D2000s would knock your socks off (among several other headphones that are within (or below) the price range of the Beats - BeyerDynamic DT770s, Ultrasones, and other such Bass heavy phones).

Other important factors that will help us recommend a pair of phones for you:

What is your source and or amp? (iPOD, CD player, Computer, Receiver headphone jack, etc).

Are you looking only for closed headphones, or will open headphones work for you as well?

If you are using an MP3 player, what bitrate are your MP3s ripped at?

How important is comfort?

Is portability a concern? - Do you want small portable(ish) phones only, or are full sized phones ok?

etc...

but honestly, like Boss, they're plagued by marketing. take your money and look into Sennheiser or Grado.
January 22, 2011 @ 12:59 AM
zyezye

Hmm looking into this, are grado's earphones any good? iGi is about all I see for earphones, I'm mainly looking for bass and overall sound quality.

price range.

honestly when it comes to audio equipment, knowing you're price range is key.
January 22, 2011 @ 04:48 PM
Toriko

Good Headphones?
What are the best headphones available that are below $300? Ok. So right now I'm looking around for headphones that have good bass/treble/ and quality like Beats
(cause im an audiophile.) But that shits expensive. so. Any recommendations?
January 22, 2011 @ 05:13 PM
shakintheD

February 2, 2011 @ 12:28 AM
whoRichard?

Hey, I am looking to get a new pair of studio headphones. My Sony's crapped out after a solid 5 years. I am look for crisp sounds, affordability, comfort, with an emphasis on comfort. Any suggestions? I was eyeing these.

Sennheiser HD555

Great fucking buy, make sure to do the HD 595 mod too if you do get em.
February 2, 2011 @ 05:50 AM
calintz

What are the best headphones available that are below $300? Ok. So right now I'm looking around for headphones that have good bass/treble/ and quality like Beats
(cause im an audiophile.)
But that shits expensive. so. Any recommendations?

serious, son?

you say you know your sound, and you rate Beats?
February 2, 2011 @ 09:17 AM
skivic35

im considering buying the Grado GR10's for work use since i use my Sennheissers everyday as is
February 2, 2011 @ 09:27 AM
-alex

anyone got pro beats? considering em even tho i got studios already
February 2, 2011 @ 12:02 PM
GOLDENi

Alright, anyone have the AKG K701's?

I'm interested in buying them, heard real good stuff about them. They look sick as fuck too.
February 3, 2011 @ 08:24 PM
goldengoose

February 3, 2011 @ 11:12 PM
fromtheOC

im considering buying the Grado GR10's for work use since i use my Sennheissers everyday as is

grado are great
February 5, 2011 @ 06:59 PM
wolnevik

How are the aiaiai tracks? good for the price? (70ish)
February 13, 2011 @ 07:27 AM
Mindstate

I'm looking to buy some good-looking, good sound headphone. I'm not by any means an audiophile, listen to my iPod with average song quality, just good sound is enough for me. I have about 100-150 dollars to spend. Thought about the Marshall Headphones, which look really nice, but I'm unsure if the audio quality is good.

Anyone has experience or can help me out with some other decent headphones that look good?

February 13, 2011 @ 03:35 PM
unemployed winner

Can anyone provide some solid feedback on the AIAIAI TMA-1?
February 17, 2011 @ 11:45 AM
snoozeallday

I have these. They are great. They really don't shine until you get an amp though... Amazing pair of headphones though. Huge sound stage, nice instrument separation.
February 17, 2011 @ 11:46 AM
snoozeallday

Alright, anyone have the AKG K701's?

I'm interested in buying them, heard real good stuff about them. They look sick as fuck too.

I have em. They are great. I personally think you need a headphone amp with them but thats my opinion. They are great. Nice big sound stage and great instrument separation.
February 17, 2011 @ 11:13 PM
GOLDENi

Thanks snooze! I'm gonna be getting mine in a few months.

They look sick as fuck!!

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

[
February 18, 2011 @ 09:05 AM
skivic35

I have em. They are great. I personally think you need a headphone amp with them but thats my opinion. They are great. Nice big sound stage and great instrument separation.

are they really comfortable? im stuck between those and a set of grado rs2i for home use with my receiver when its really late and i cant be blasting my system
February 18, 2011 @ 10:29 AM
ekziled

lol @ all you guys buying all these expensive headphones.

hope you buy an amp to drive those K701's properly and not be walking around on the street with them connected to your ipod ;)
February 19, 2011 @ 01:49 AM
zyezye

i gave up all hope for this thread.
February 21, 2011 @ 06:21 PM
matt

any good earbuds for the price range of 10-25$?
i have skullcandies (the ink'd model) but they stopped playing music out of one ear after like 2 months of use. i loved the quality, but hate how they break so often.

i have no knowledge with headphones so anything that would give me the same bass quality as those and are in-ear buds for the same price range would be great. was thinkin about skullcandy titans but idk if those will break as often. any help please

Please login first to reply.