Audiophiles (Speakers/Headphones etc.) Official Discussion Thread

September 04, 2010 @ 14:00:55
logitec actually has surprisingly good surround sound systems. and for a bedroom/small rooms, i find it better to invest in a PC surround sound system, instead of a cheap theatre in a box system.

this is their top tier surround sound system, ranked #2 on head-fi, has very good reviews, and just a little over your price range. but you can easily find a cheaper price with a little bit of googling

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speakers-audio/home-pc-speakers/devices/224

trust. this thing is a beast. when you see that the sub woofer has an actual warning to keep it 2 feet away from electronics because of its magnet, you know you got a powerful sub.

the reviews on it are nothing but spectacular.
September 04, 2010 @ 15:46:13
can someone recommend me a good pair of in ear headphones on the cheap?
with durable wires

\X/

September 04, 2010 @ 19:02:52
^^ I find that V-modas have very durable cables, but it has been a while since I've bought from there so I'm not sure about their quality now. Sony has the XBS series IEMs and the cables on those are similar to the beats.

so fucking tempted to cop this

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/651755

ITS A FUCKING BEAST.

But no optic input =(
September 04, 2010 @ 20:40:21
im looking for some new wireless headphones. my price range is $100-200.
September 07, 2010 @ 12:48:40
Originally posted by Inactive User
im looking for some new wireless headphones. my price range is $100-200.

There are no really good wireless headphones unfortunately. I would recommend settling for a cheap pair since wireless is just not the best. I would recommend just going for a pair of regular headphones. A pair of good audiophile headphones usually have a relatively long cable (2-3+ feet). And also, what would you be using it for?

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

September 07, 2010 @ 13:59:35
^ its going to be used for movies,music, and gaming
September 07, 2010 @ 23:11:11
^^ I find that V-modas have very durable cables, but it has been a while since I've bought from there so I'm not sure about their quality now. Sony has the XBS series IEMs and the cables on those are similar to the beats.

I'm no audiophile but I really like my vmoda vibe duos. They're definitely not the best earbuds, but they work for me since they've got an inline mic and audio controls for my phone. They also sound decent and have a braided cable that looks pretty beefy. On the subject of cheap, I cawped mine from Amazon for about $25 shipped- they were and still are having a headphone and earbud sale.
September 07, 2010 @ 23:24:35
Copping a pair of Grado sr80i's tomorrow smokeyface
September 08, 2010 @ 00:46:58
^ its going to be used for movies,music, and gaming

then you shouldn't get wireless. unless you're willing to shell out a hefty price for quality ones. if you are expect to shell out 150 min for a decent pair.
September 08, 2010 @ 19:11:35
^i dont want to get a wired one cause im finna be chilling on my bed. i already have a wireless mouse and keyboard. im thinking about getting the sennheiser rs160. anyone have any experience with them?
September 08, 2010 @ 20:09:57
i have beats by dre i like them
September 08, 2010 @ 21:22:37
thanks zyezye. imma look into those v-modas

\X/

December 01, 2010 @ 00:30:56
Headphones Official Discussion Thread
What headphones are you guys using?

I'm using some Bose triport ones right now. I like them, but I kinda wanna get a new pair, looking to spend up to $350
December 01, 2010 @ 11:42:13
I use Tritton Ax720's for gaming, that's about it.
December 01, 2010 @ 13:35:16
Beats by Dre Studios

*waits for flood of audiophiles to rant about how much they suck*
December 01, 2010 @ 14:38:38
Beats by Dre Studios

they suck balls through draws; people walking around in public with them scream hey, I'm a sad sucker(humans overpay for things when they're sad)
December 01, 2010 @ 19:09:59
beats by dre studios

studios smokeyface
December 01, 2010 @ 19:21:14
i got some skullcandy hesh all blacks. got them for free from bestbuy with some gc and they sound good + really comfortable. i don't use headphones all that often tho
December 01, 2010 @ 20:58:04
shit if u got 350 to blow, i cant help u since i dont know from experience, i dont fuck wit cans that run more than 100, but i'd say avoid skull candy and look into supra aural (the dj go around ur ear kind) cans from seinheisser and grado, koss and audio-technica make good circamaural (the ones that just rest on ur ears) headphones and i guess probably beats by dre or diddy beats or even v modas for earphones if u you're looking for heavy bass in ur earbuds
December 02, 2010 @ 23:25:25
aerial 7, choppers

Sennheise HD555 next
December 04, 2010 @ 01:38:53
i got some skullcandy hesh all blacks. got them for free from bestbuy with some gc and they sound good + really comfortable. i don't use headphones all that often tho

The fact that you got them for free makes it forgivable, but skullcandies are just as bad as/worse than Dre's.

Seriously though, OP, do a search and look through the existing threads like this (I think there's one called Audiophiles Thread or something) you'll find a lot of good stuff in there already.
December 04, 2010 @ 12:37:43
With that kind money you can cop top tier iems (triple driver). Look up Westone 3, or triple fi for reviews. Also ignore Bose, skullcandy and beats, don't offer good sound quality:price ratio.
December 04, 2010 @ 14:14:03
Insta-cop these http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-Series-SR325is-Headphones/dp/B000J1N3HW .

Never heard a better pair of headphones aside from the grado 1000s. But those cost a grand.
December 04, 2010 @ 15:50:00
Beats By Dre - Tour
Im thinking about buying the Tour beats

(The in-ear one)

Its $200 and I was wondering if its worth it?

Im not into the over-ear headphones and I listen to my
Ipod A LOT. Everyday, actually.

Are there any other earphones that look as good as the Tour Beats and sounds better?

Cause im not gonna lie, the beats look pretty cool lol.
December 04, 2010 @ 16:12:24
$200 for headphones damn son...

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

December 04, 2010 @ 16:17:45

(The in-ear one)

Are there any other earphones that look as good as the Tour Beats and sounds better?

it aint guna get you no pussy, i mean girl nikka.

but here yah go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDItSn86XTA

I want to see the world burn

December 04, 2010 @ 16:50:26
i also have studio beats by dre.

love em.

don't care what anyone else says. i like em.
used to have some $120 skullcandy headphones but bleh these are so much greater.
December 04, 2010 @ 17:07:50
Using studios, i love em.
I guess i could of got better soundquality for the money but they look alot better then some ugly ass sennheisers.
Sound quality is perfect imo, noise cancelling could be a bit better.
December 04, 2010 @ 19:41:31
there's a crew of kike herbs at my school , all 3 of them walk around with their Dre beats on, they look so fucking stupid.
December 04, 2010 @ 19:47:26

(The in-ear one)

anybody?
Please login first to reply.
x