Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 22, 2010 @ 01:31 PM
epik1

I'm a mild/amateur audiophile, I'm in school for Theatre production =P . But what I've come up with: Bose is garbage, Dr.Dre's Beats are also garbage, meant for kids who like their overkill bass. I'm in to vinyl, I hate people who say "digital is way better than vinyl" obviously it is, but there is just the certain sound that vinyl produces that we love about them!

Ninja edit: I'm rockin Shure SCL3W in-ear earbuds, love them , I use them for drumming, and just everyday use, never had an issue with them!

Feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller- feedback/127448/

February 22, 2010 @ 04:34 PM
AlphaTrion

"digital is way better than vinyl" obviously it is, but there is just the certain sound that vinyl produces that we love about them!

Noooo, definitely not "obviously" better if you're talking about sound quality. Not by a long shot. Vinyl is far superior. Every advancement that comes along in digital compression is an attempt to be as good as vinyl.
February 22, 2010 @ 08:24 PM
$KickaPop$

Why do Bose audio products suck?
February 22, 2010 @ 08:35 PM
MILK got a gun

I'm a mild/amateur audiophile, I'm in school for Theatre production =P . But what I've come up with: Bose is garbage, Dr.Dre's Beats are also garbage, meant for kids who like their overkill bass. I'm in to vinyl, I hate people who say "digital is way better than vinyl" obviously it is, but there is just the certain sound that vinyl produces that we love about them!

Ninja edit: I'm rockin Shure SCL3W in-ear earbuds, love them , I use them for drumming, and just everyday use, never had an issue with them!

"better" is subjective, i just find vinyl produces...i dont know how to really put in words, but like a warmer richer sound, of course what type of music u listen to on it is always going to be a major factor, like listening to motown or oldies on a vinyl is a million times more life like sounding than on an mp3 (obviously the sample rate is a factor) and cds (never listened to music on sacd's but i imagine it'd be the same thing)

if we were talking about electronic music, naturally (could be wrong tho) digitial media would be a natural extension of that, im really more curious to see how old school boom bap records fair on vinyl in opposition to their digital and cd counterparts

also still looking for a good starter deck if anyone can recommend one....sad
February 22, 2010 @ 08:52 PM
yoneek

Sennheiser HD555 cool
February 22, 2010 @ 09:23 PM
zyezye

Noooo, definitely not "obviously" better if you're talking about sound quality. Not by a long shot. Vinyl is far superior. Every advancement that comes along in digital compression is an attempt to be as good as vinyl.

truth.
February 23, 2010 @ 12:34 AM
Jokez

Sennheiser HD555 cool

Lol, I'm wearing mine right now. cool

ever done a transaction with me? leave some feedback! http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/feedback-jokez

February 23, 2010 @ 04:53 PM
rtst102

My favorite headphones:

I mostly use them for dj'ing and home listening. I'd use them for more portable purposes, but the wire is too long and gets in the way when walking around.
March 1, 2010 @ 12:50 AM
kof33

Why do Bose audio products suck?

They dont suck. They are just severely overpriced for there barely over mediocre performance.

Sennheiser , Grado , Shure , and Sony all over some good headphones that are far better sounding than Bose for much less.
March 1, 2010 @ 02:50 AM
TTHX

I agree that there are different opinions on what sound better to different people. I'm not 100% on vinyl's being superior though. It is different from listening to digital. I also love vinyls.

All in all when it comes down to it though, is that sounds really are just electromagnetic pulses within our brain. If we break down sound to it's truest form, then digital has been superior in the long shot. Technically speaking. Everything from bit depth ratios to frequencies, in digital we can edit it all. Analog is special, but when it comes to editing and pure sound, digital is top dog.

I think it's mostly because we're so accustomed to noise with our sound, especially since it can never really be fully removed, that and the nostalgia factor of vinyls. Just creates a certain atmosphere around it I think. To hear sounds genuinely being produced has physical attributes to it that add that extra something I think. Much like hearing orchestral instruments in person rather than through headphones. Being there in person, there are physical attributes that account to our overall hearing experience, where as technically we can reproduce and edit those same sounds perfectly as we can get, but that it'd still sound sterile without the instrument actually there. It's like we can add as much reverberation as we like, but it'll never really sound the same as a room with excellent acoustics.

I got carried away, sorry.

http://tonyhoangphoto.com

March 2, 2010 @ 10:38 AM
epik1

sorry I should've worded it better what I meant was digital is easier to work with. Coming from a theatre perspective, people are always talking about "digital is better than analog" but it really translates to "its easier to work with"

Feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller- feedback/127448/

March 2, 2010 @ 12:40 PM
Jokez

If anyone has HD555's do this mod:

[youtube]PvQ8PzBrHXE[/youtube]

Basically turns your HD555's to HD595's.

ever done a transaction with me? leave some feedback! http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/feedback-jokez

March 2, 2010 @ 05:43 PM
denim_archive

They dont suck. They are just severely overpriced for there barely over mediocre performance.

Sennheiser , Grado , Shure , and Sony all over some good headphones that are far better sounding than Bose for much less.

Agreed... wayyy over priced.
March 3, 2010 @ 09:05 PM
spookymilk

I have Shure E2C's that are coming up on 3 years old...still work like champs.
March 4, 2010 @ 10:13 AM
bkrawk

using these guys right now
not my pic
March 4, 2010 @ 10:45 AM
ekziled

maybe this is too "audiophile" for this forum but, anyone have audio rig pics they'd like to share? or at least what they use?

currently using
AD-700 as my cans
DACMagic, (Digital to Analog Converter)
audio source from my desktop

ill get some pics up when i can.
March 4, 2010 @ 04:28 PM
a bag of it

go flac!!!
March 4, 2010 @ 08:59 PM
SuperFlyGuy

any recommendations for a quality headphones for $100 or less? my crappy apple earphones broke on me razz
March 4, 2010 @ 10:02 PM
PHYRE

any recommendations for a quality headphones for $100 or less? my crappy apple earphones broke on me razz

Earbuds or headphones? If thats your range, I'd recommend getting Sennheiser PX100s, sound quality is great and its not that expensive either. Its an all around headphones, bass is neutral so its good for any genre. I got a few pair when they went on sale at FS, recommend it to anyone who's looking for a budget headphone.
March 5, 2010 @ 08:54 AM
jdesouza

Id reccommend sony MDR-XB0EX, for the price you cant beat em the sound quality is legit, nice bass, only problem is you cant sleep with them in since they poke out too far.
March 5, 2010 @ 09:18 AM
ekziled

.flac, is definitely the best format imo.
March 5, 2010 @ 10:13 AM
Jokez

RE0s.

www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=38

March 5, 2010 @ 10:35 AM
PHYRE

.flac, is definitely the best format imo.

Best for archiving. cool
March 5, 2010 @ 01:28 PM
TTHX

For overhead I'd have to say AKG K77's. They're only $40 bucks CAD, but damn these shits beat out helluva lot of other headphones that are in the $100 range.

http://tonyhoangphoto.com

April 17, 2010 @ 07:05 AM
ekziled

complete and content.

along with my AD-700's (not in photo)
April 17, 2010 @ 08:23 PM
SprNtrl

^Nice setup man.

I've dabbled a bit but nothing serious. I currently just have a Little Dot 1+ with an iBasso D10 DAC driving some HD600s, Grado 225s, and HD25 Mk.II. Looking to pick up a larger amp from Little Dot. Little Dot has excellent price/performance ratio.
April 18, 2010 @ 12:51 AM
ekziled

im hoping to cop a better pair of cans in the future.

but thats off the list for now, still needa cop stuff on my camera wishlist
April 18, 2010 @ 11:40 AM
ramos0927

What are you guys using for your portable set up. I'm debating to go with the s flo 2 or the Cowon j3 to pair up with my Grado sr60.
April 18, 2010 @ 11:19 PM
zyezye

^^i'd go with the Cowon.

cx300(switch over to Sony XB 300 during the colder months, they double as earmuffs) + cowon X5L(starting to die so switching it with my cellphone atm). if your an audio junkie you know/read on how legendary the X5L is when it comes to sound quality.

dunno bout the J3 but if its anything that cowon makes, its sound quality will be nothing but phenomenal. once you find your right settings

cowon and grado are just beautiful together, trust.
April 22, 2010 @ 07:03 PM
droalex

Someone reccomend me some well built earphones and headphones? Im tired of cords ripping. >_<

Please login first to reply.