SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
February 11, 2010 @ 05:39 AM
ekziled

where you guys at?

didn't really see an "audiophile" thread.. only ones have headphones.

discuss in-ear monitors, headphones, equipment (cd players, speakers...), audiophile music, etc.
February 11, 2010 @ 04:15 PM
zyezye

the few of us gave up, not much of us audiophiles on here.
February 11, 2010 @ 04:23 PM
TheOne

^Truth
February 11, 2010 @ 10:25 PM
Jokez

The audiophile game is too expensive. If you think HB is bad when it comes to spending on clothes, you should see the extreme audiophiles and the money they're putting down on equipment lol.

I think you just stick to Head-Fi for audiophile discussion.

ever done a transaction with me? leave some feedback! http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/feedback-jokez

February 13, 2010 @ 09:13 PM
zyezye

an audio bar sounds like your best bet
reviews.cnet.com/best-virtual-surround-sound-speakers/

but almost all decent sub-woofers have to be on the floor though, but you can place them basicly anywhere out of sight so it'll be ok.

UNLESS your a total freak about having audio equality in your room like me then this guide should help

www.audioholics.com/tweaks/speaker-setup-guidelines/subwoofer-placement-guidelines
February 14, 2010 @ 08:25 PM
Eliijah Pt 2

Are Beats By Dr. Dre any good?
February 14, 2010 @ 08:37 PM
WILL209

Are Beats By Dr. Dre any good?

i heard they break easily, from testing out them at the Best Buy kiosk they got alot of bass, i wonder what the new Beats Spin sound like the cans are Huge!
February 14, 2010 @ 08:40 PM
WILL209

anybody have the Technics RP-DH1200 DJ headphones?, they look great, but i dont know if its a good investment of 100 dollars, but they are Technics, you really cant go wrong
February 15, 2010 @ 06:58 AM
alex.

I've got dre dre beats, am i an audiophile?^ I'm pretty happy with their sound quality but then again, this was me, first time investing that much into the headphones.

both of my cables are fucked up already tho. Smh.

They sent me new ones, hopefully they arrive soon
February 15, 2010 @ 07:46 AM
ekziled

beats by dr. dre is a "marketing" brand, simply looking to earn money through cheap ways. their shit sucks, they're made out of flimsy plastic which breaks easy if not treated with care and have a horrible sound stage. the only reason you'd wanna get beats by dr. dre is if you want a "nice" looking pair of headphones with lots of bass, which isnt even great imo.
February 15, 2010 @ 05:11 PM
MILK got a gun

^^^if you're going to drop that much money on a set of cans, u might as well go all out and get the grado rs1's, shits is industry top of its class, fuck it should be at almost 700 dollars a pair

anyone into vinyl? im looking into getting an audiophile deck, i lost a bid on an oracle delphi turntable 2 months ago sad

anyone recommend me a good starter table under a g? i know the tonearm and cartridge totally change the sound and that the speakers are a bigger concern as far as sound quality goes, but im looking at this long term, and just want start gettin em piece by piece as money frees up

i heard linn and rega make good starter decks? anyone fuck with either of those? also, to the uk heads that are into the scene, how do garards hold up? cuz im most likely going to lean towards a garard set if i dont find anything b4 summer
February 15, 2010 @ 09:09 PM
zyezye

I've got dre dre beats, am i an audiophile?^

no. you are not an audiophile just because you fell into the hype, the beats are nothing more than bass heavy bose headphones. but id rather buy beats than bose anyday.

and dude above, what the point of buying rs1's if your gunna need a pre amp to hear the full potential of them? sr60s are the best for portability. sr80s MAYBE. but for home listening sr1

wish i could help you out with the vinyl question, im more into headphones, i.e.m.s, and homeaudio.

and the dude whos asking about the technics, if you want to use it outside dont get them, DJ headphones are just troublesome. from the long wires to the bulkyness, also you wont unleash their true potential by plugging them into underpowered devices. big cans or almost any pair of cans with a driver bigger than 40mm needs to be powered by some sort of amp or pre amp.
February 16, 2010 @ 02:04 AM
AD1XD

Bought the in ear tour beats awhile ago off ebay for a cheap price, didn't realize it was fake until it broke within a month.
February 16, 2010 @ 02:48 AM
<_<

^
lol damn, but yeah i was completely NOT impressed in the SLIGHTEST sense from trying out Beats at Best Buy i couldnt believe how crappy they sounded SMH
February 16, 2010 @ 03:39 AM
Eliijah Pt 2

[QUOTE=<_<
February 16, 2010 @ 11:17 AM
shakintheD

i have bose in ears around $90
4.5/5
February 16, 2010 @ 03:52 PM
MILK got a gun

for general clarity and overall portability, nothing beats my Audio Technica ATH-EM7's, im sure there are better headphones out there, but i doubt they'd top this in that price range.

i also hear really good things about the koss portapros, i've never seen or heard them up close, but im tempted to buy em just because of the really affordable price, plus im still feeling the overall look of em, anyone vouch for them shits?
February 16, 2010 @ 09:36 PM
zyezye

koss portapros are on that LEGENDARY status. theres a reason why its the most revered pair in the world when it comes to price, quality, and sound.

hit up head-fi, cnet, gizmodo, almost any tech and audio blogs/forum/sites they all give it high ratings. they are worth the money for a design and sound that hasnt been altered and has a cult following for 23 years, you know your not gunna get ripped.

take my word, cop it.
February 16, 2010 @ 10:49 PM
AlphaTrion

General rule of thumb with audiophile equipment is that if you can get at the same place you can buy a washing machine and a copy of Timecop, it's not audiophile equipment.

I've been using Ultrasone DJ1 pros for the past couple of years. Best I've owned so far.
February 16, 2010 @ 11:01 PM
zyezye

you forgot if also if its branded by a company that makes watches and clothes its not audiophile quality. that also counts for fashion headphones
February 16, 2010 @ 11:01 PM
MILK got a gun

General rule of thumb with audiophile equipment is that if you can get at the same place you can buy a washing machine and a copy of Timecop, it's not audiophile equipment.

I've been using Ultrasone DJ1 pros for the past couple of years. Best I've owned so far.

lol im sorry i had to laugh at this, and zyezye, good looks b, i think amma cop off amazon, shits is dirt cheap
February 16, 2010 @ 11:04 PM
Bubbs619

i love my beats by dre's tho sad
February 17, 2010 @ 01:22 AM
goldengoose

also don't think you can just buy expensive headphones and expect to get the best sound out of them
you also need a good amp and source

also, i currently have some sony headphones that are totally beat
anyone have experience with denon d1001?
February 17, 2010 @ 04:02 PM
MILK got a gun

Okay, maybe i should have cleared that up a bit... obviously the sub i'm expecting to sit on the floor... i meant i didn't want the actual speakers on stands, since i already have the wires pulled through the ceiling to install speakers on the walls....

So any ideas on decent/good sound systems for a flat???

how much money u working with?
February 17, 2010 @ 05:06 PM
AlphaTrion

anyone recommend me a good starter table under a g? i know the tonearm and cartridge totally change the sound and that the speakers are a bigger concern as far as sound quality goes, but im looking at this long term, and just want start gettin em piece by piece as money frees up

Check here: www.kabusa.com/

Go to their Technics section. They make custom technics 1200s with better tonearms, isolater feet, better cables, etc. You can choose what mods you want and which turntable you want to fit the price you want to spend. Haven't tried them myself but heard good things.
February 18, 2010 @ 11:21 PM
ekziled

anything with the word "bose" in it, sucks.

@ Naked Pimp: is this for the living room, bedroom, or what?
February 18, 2010 @ 11:27 PM
zyezye

yeah you gotta take account what room its gunna be in, bedroom and living room acoustics are two diffrent beasts
February 19, 2010 @ 03:00 PM
MILK got a gun

All depends on the sound system... but i would say off the top of my head... roughly any where from $1300 - $3000ish

i was going to reccommened the rega rs3 speakers, i've personally heard those, them shits is amazing for classical and oldies, i heard they're good for jazz to, and they look ill as fuck, they're in that price range, but i 4got u wanted wall mounted speakers, these are floor standing

but rega makes good shit, they can custom make u some of their speakers to match your living room set, i cant find the site right now, but i know their main uk site hand makes em, if u cant find anything, these might be your ticket

(i cant vouch for any of their other speakers personally minus the rs3, but rega has a solid repuation)
February 19, 2010 @ 08:31 PM
elusion

last thing i remember about audiophiles on HB was the milspex argument about cd vs mp3
shit was kinda funny
February 19, 2010 @ 11:31 PM
ramos0927

I heard that new S Flo 2 was good.

Please login first to reply.